• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer and Guidance Needed Please

In summary, the past host called the host last night, yelling at her. The host made a mistake and forgot to add a guest order to the show, but got this guest booking. The host felt robbed because she was only given an additional $30 in FREE Product Value that she should have been given. The guest paid the host after the show, and I did not get paid for the order. Here's what I decided and told her when the guests show is held the new host will receive an extra Discount from me and the PH could pick out her FPV (which I would use the
VeronicaW
Gold Member
I have a Past Host that called me last night -yelling at me.

I made a mistake and forgot to add a guests order to her show, however I did get this guests booking. The host felt b/cause she was robbed of an additional $30 in FREE Product Value that I should accommadate.

The guest paid the host after the show, I did not get paid for the order.

Here's what I decided, and told her, when the guests show is held the new host will receive an extra Discount from me and the PH could pick out her FPV (which I would use the new host's Discount).

After 2 1/2 months of calling to schedule the show, the PH called yelling at me to order the products and give her the FPV!

I didn't sleep well last night. The Lord was with me as I did not yell at her back! I have so many knots in my stomach -I feel horrible.

I know I fumbled and I tried to rectify it, but apparantly not!
Did I completely fail?

Wow, you handled that with such grace. And to top it off, you made the right decision!! I agree that when the new show is held to possibly (add her as the co host) to get the discount and then you can give her the $30 in FPV (which we know won't really have to be $30).

WAY TO GO!! YOU DID GREAT!

I'm assuming that the guest order would have raised her to a $500 show? That would mean $30, plus 25% off. Did you have the order? If you did, it IS you responsibility to give her what she earned. You could call HO and see what they could do, but I don't think it's going to matter. Have you had other shows? I know it seems hard, but you made $100 at least from the show. Is it worth the stress to keep that $30? She also has a 10% off past host discount so you could use that and it would help. Find out what she wants and then see if your director has those items that she would sell at a discount.

Take a breath. If it was your fault, it's hard, but you have to take ownership of it. After all, having someone talking bad about you hurts your business much more than if you just pay the amount she earned. I've had a host forget an order and was just embarrassed b/c she forgot that person! In that case I had it directly shipped to the individual and I paid the extra s/h (which was covered by my commission). I didn't make anything, but the host was VERY happy!

I hope this helps. It stinks but it IS fixable. Think how you would feel if you missed out on $30 for a show you had. That's a lot.

Thank you.

I'm afraid that the show won't be scheduled.

Like I said, I called the guest a few times to schedule her show so the past host could get her items, but did not contact me back -but she went through the PH.

Who, I believe, is bad-mouthing me to everyone she can.
I admitted my mistake, I am human.

VeronicaW said:
I have a Past Host that called me last night -yelling at me.

I made a mistake and forgot to add a guests order to her show, however I did get this guests booking. The host felt b/cause she was robbed of an additional $30 in FREE Product Value that I should accommadate.

The guest paid the host after the show, I did not get paid for the order.
Here's what I decided, and told her, when the guests show is held the new host will receive an extra Discount from me and the PH could pick out her FPV (which I would use the new host's Discount).

After 2 1/2 months of calling to schedule the show, the PH called yelling at me to order the products and give her the FPV!

I didn't sleep well last night. The Lord was with me as I did not yell at her back! I have so many knots in my stomach -I feel horrible.

I know I fumbled and I tried to rectify it, but apparantly not!
Did I completely fail?

If I understand what you are saying, the guest gave the order to the host, but didn't pay for it prior to show being submitted? No payments = no order
Unless the host paid for it for the guest?

If it was your fault (not just the host telling you it was your fault), then I think you came up with the right conclusion.

I had a situation where one order was my fault, one order was the host's fault. The host was mad because nobody showed up to her party and she wanted to close the next day because of this. Well, I didn't change the date on my website and on the day we were originally going to close her show, a guest placed an order. It didn't put the host over and I talked it out with the guest and ordered her products on another show. Then the host calls me a week later and says she has another order, "would that have put her over?". I had to bite my tongue and politely tell her no, I cannot honor it because we would have closed her show by now no matter what. I so badly wanted to tell her that it is the reason I told her to follow up with everyone and didn't want to close her show right away!

I also agree that I think I would go ahead and order her what she wants right away. There is a very good possibility that the next host isn't going to hold her show until this issue is resolved. It's not that I don't think what you offered her isn't a reasonable solution either but I think you'll have a better chance of actually holding this next show if the past host can settle down and feel like she got her full rewards. I hope this makes sense. Personally, I would do whatever I could right away to clear it up ... like do a personal order in her name as soon as you can. It will all be okay but the sooner you handle it, the better. If it comes up at the booked show you can just say that you apologize, you were not quite sure how to handle fixing it but that you are happy it was resolved or something to that effect. It will continue to cloud each day until it's straightened out ... at least that is how I would feel and if you aren't sleeping and your stomach is in knots... I think the sooner the better for your own health and well being... sorry this got so long... didn't mean to preach a sermon! :)

Question... Did you know of this order? It sounds like the host had it and the payment, did she tell you about the order before or after the show was closed?

Ok if I am understanding this correctly the guest did not pay for the order? Or if she did the Past host never gave you the money?
You are not expected to put in a show without all of the money. In fact it is not smart too. So how could you be blamed if they never gave all of the money in time.
I may be missing something, but you have gone out of your way to be generous. It would stink to lose her business, but doesn't it seem like she is already doing enough damage. Will giving her the extra products really make her go back and set the record straight with those she badmouthed?

I think you handled it very well, too. I hope you sleep better tonight knowing that. I'd like to have a talk with this lady, 'cause she didn't handle it very well!!!! She should have been more understanding and should not have yelled at you. But, she did....that's the part that annoys me. :mad: Why do people have to treat others that way. It's not the end of the world!

But, I must agree with Diane, the quicker you fix it, the better you'll feel. You can put this behind you and move on the next show!

Last edited:
I really hate when things go south fast with a host! Hang in there, you could still rectify this situation. Call the PH and tell you apologize for how the order was placed. Tell her you would like to know what her choice for FPV would be and just order it. I know you will end up eating this cost but if you fix it she can't fuss more. Word of mouth is VERY important in this biz, so I'd eat the cost and apologize. Apologies go along way. Also in a soft voice after you apologize, tell her you can understand her frustration with the order and that you never meant to keep from her what she earned. Tell her you appreciate her business and thank her for her patience (even if she had NONE). Tell her that you are human and made a mistake and you hope to make it right. Then say I do understand how angry you are at the problem and you hope that she knows this isn't normal, just a mistake we all could have made.

The PH handed me the order, I entered her info in w/the booking, and we were talking and I did forget to add the order, we didn't realize it until it was sent.

The show total I gave the PH, did not include the guests order. The guest paid her while products were being shipped. I never received payment for this order.

Thank you for your support!

I have a couple of orders, these gals wanted there orders to be put on the next show -they were willing to wait.

I plan to place the guests and PH orders on this catalog show, of collected orders. However, I am short of it qualifying. I put out a few e-mails -hopefully someone will add an order or two. I want to submit it by the end of today.

It sounds to me like you handled things well. This person had no right to yell at you. Technically, if you never got paid for the order, the order had not been placed. (I tell you that in case you need a little added assurance that you didn't really do anything wrong.)You went above and beyond your responsibility in offering her an additional discount at the booked show. You had no way of knowing that it would take so long to get that other show scheduled.

We all make mistakes sometimes. It's just important to own up to it (I know that you did), apologize sincerely, and fix it (I know you tried). Depending on another show is always iffy and you have to be sure to keep in contact with the person to be sure they know you are thinking of them. Again, if someone took $30 from me after I worked for my orders, I wouldn't be happy. I would try to be understanding if they were going to fix it, but many would rather just get mad. It's easy to take out frustrations on anyone...something else may be upsetting her and you are getting the outpour of it.

Just keep God in your heart and you'll do fine. Be kind to her and YES she may tell others that you fixed it quickly. I didn't hear the conversation. I don't know what you said or HOW you said it. We can only choose how we resond not how people respond to us. If you don't quite have enough in orders, I would think about adding something yourself (door prizes, gifts, etc). You just want/need this to be done soon. Won't it feel good to tell her it will be here soon? Good luck!

Oh...and the idea of putting it on her friend's show was great, but you can't make someone else do something, especially when you need them to!:(

raebates said:
It sounds to me like you handled things well. This person had no right to yell at you. Technically, if you never got paid for the order, the order had not been placed. (I tell you that in case you need a little added assurance that you didn't really do anything wrong.)

You went above and beyond your responsibility in offering her an additional discount at the booked show. You had no way of knowing that it would take so long to get that other show scheduled.

True technically, but the host would have paid for it if she'd had the correct total. It's not fair to blame the host for the non-payment. It wasn't included in her total. She shouldn't have yelled...true, but she DID earn the extra money. There is no question about that.

It was a total bad situation all around, I do think you are handling it properly.

With my host I mentioned above, it went above and beyond and bent over backwards trying to please her because she is just one of those people who are never happy. Figured I had lost her as a host/customer because of all that went on (there was more with a return issue that was HO's problem but I figured she probably blamed me too!). But then the stoneware special came up and she called to place a $170 order! So don't count her out until she says so!

I'd personally call HO, explain the whole story and see what options they give you to help solve it.

I spent all day yesterday putting together a Catalog Show, got it all in place. I got home from Awana at 8:30 got a call for an order at 8:45 then called the PH to get her FPV, b/4 I could say anything like J. Corley suggested, "It's 9 o'Clock -CLICK!"

This gal has a mean spirit! I thought she wanted to get it taken care of right away!

Yes, I have been praying for her.

VeronicaW said:
I spent all day yesterday putting together a Catalog Show, got it all in place. I got home from Awana at 8:30 got a call for an order at 8:45 then called the PH to get her FPV, b/4 I could say anything like J. Corley suggested, "It's 9 o'Clock -CLICK!"

This gal has a mean spirit! I thought she wanted to get it taken care of right away!

Yes, I have been praying for her.

You mean, she hung up on you because it was 9:00? :eek:

That is just crazy! you have bent over backwards to make this right for her, and she is just nasty ~ you are right, she is mean-spirited. I would get this taken care of ASAP, and then wash my hands of her and her friend, and be thankful you don't ever have to deal with them again!

Bless and release when this situation is over! Do you have an email address for her? I would email her today letting her know why you called last night and let her know that you will call back today at X time. She just seems like a very ungrateful person.

No, she doesn't have an e-mail address.

Hey! I lost a pound! But I wouldn't recommend this as a weight-loss plan.

VeronicaW said:

There's always an upside! Give her a call this evening, I wouldn't even apologize! Ask her if it's a good time to talk and let her know what you are doing for her.

Man, some people really just need to be slapped!! That was so incredibly RUDE! I would say something like, "I'm sorry to have bothered you last night, I was just calling to see what you wanted to order for your extra $30 free." When you're done with her, I would be so excited to be DONE with her! Like a PP said, wash your hands of her. I've done that with a few customers. They expect WAY too much, to the point where it's not worth the stress of 'what am I going to have to do for her this time?'....
YAY on the 1 lb lost!!

VeronicaW said:

Wow! Just think how great your bikini will look this summer if you keep her around for a while! LOL Not really!

I think you have bent over backwards for her. Call her before 9:00 this evening and let her know what you are trying to do for her. If her friend's show doesn't hold don't worry about it - her friend might be just as difficult. And I wouldn't worry about her bad-mouthing you. If this is how she acts you can rest assured everyone already knows it!

I plan to call her after 5 -dinner time. In between my running around kids' schedules and my appt,

VeronicaW said:
I plan to call her after 5 -dinner time. In between my running around kids' schedules and my appt,

Hee Hee - she'll probably hang up on you because it's dinner time!:D :rolleyes:

(sorry - couldn't resist!)

ChefBeckyD said:
Hee Hee - she'll probably hang up on you because it's dinner time!:D :rolleyes:

(sorry - couldn't resist!)

If she does it again, then I would call during the day and leave her a message. Let her know you are trying to work it out with her but need to talk to her.

WOW she has some nerve...... I agree with everyone else... that after the situation is over just bless and release. I know it's a bit overwhelming but it's not worth loosing sleep over.

wadesgirl said:
If she does it again, then I would call during the day and leave her a message. Let her know you are trying to work it out with her but need to talk to her.

That's not a bad idea. Leave her a few messages and if she doesn't get back to you, then she didn't really want the free stuff. She just likes being a bee with an itch!!

I hope you get this resolved quickly, 'cause it's definitely not worth losing sleep over, but at the same time, you probably won't sleep well until you "bless and release". Good luck. We're here for ya......I wish we could all gang up and show up at her house and see what she says then! HA! ;)

Thank you my Sister Chicks for your support!

I did call and leave a message -"I apologize for calling a little late last night, I just home and found that you did not call me back with your FPV. I will call you tonight at 5:30, between my errands and appt, so we can take care of this."

Good! Hopefully she'll be home and you can get her out of your hair.

So Veronica....has she called you back?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!:cool:

She was even civil!

I want to thank you for your support and prayers.
I thank the Lord for teaching me what I needed to learn! (Boy, that's a hard one to choke down -but I did it!)

Veronica...go YOU! You handle this situation so well with someone who forgets that we are ALL human. Sometimes I want to look at people and say, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking with Mr/Mrs. Perfect". Bless and release and no that you did right.

Just another thought...don't know when the original show was, but I'm going to guess before the January 13th...submitting it today made the $30 worth 60 points. Maybe you are going to get REALLY close to this trip and that extra 30 points is going to be what puts you over. I know it sounds silly, but God does some crazy things :) Sometimes it just takes us a long while to really understand why things happen the way they do.

Go get a good night sleep tonight...you so deserve it :)

iteachurkid said:
...submitting it today made the $30 worth 60 points. Maybe you are going to get REALLY close to this trip and that extra 30 points is going to be what puts you over. I know it sounds silly, but God does some crazy things :) Sometimes it just takes us a long while to really understand why things happen the way they do.

Love this way of thinking. ;)

Veronica, you deserve a huge pat on the back - no a massge - for your professionalism in wrapping up this problem. I wish I had as much grace under pressure. Thanks for a shining example of true customer care.
God bless your heart.

hang in there some people are very strict about no calls after 9 pm. especially out in the country. Try to call again and then bless and release. Sometime that is all we can do. Hope it works out for you. But she is not the only customer you will have.

Veronica, it sounds like you handled it very well. Way to go!

So glad that you were able to walk all the way through this chaos, and come out better on the other side! Says alot about your character!;)

it just shows the Minnesota Nice that people always talk about up here. Because you do did this, and from a small town it might come back as many blessings.

I learned a lot from this experience! For business and personal.

I have come to the conclusion that is was a trial I had to do in preparation for my new bible study, which starts on Sunday, The Power of a Women's Words.

The Lord was with me, keeping my tongue in check!

Related to Prayer and Guidance Needed Please

1. What should I do if a past host is yelling at me because I made a mistake with her order?

If a past host is upset with you, it's important to remain calm and professional. Take responsibility for your mistake and apologize sincerely. Offer a solution that is fair for both parties, such as providing an extra discount or offering to use the new host's discount for the missing product value.

2. What if the guest paid the host for the order and I didn't receive payment?

If the guest paid the host directly, it's important to communicate with the host and ask for the payment to be forwarded to you. If the host refuses, you may need to involve your superiors or consider taking legal action to receive payment.

3. How can I make it right with the past host?

Be understanding and empathetic towards the host's frustration. Offer a solution that is fair and shows that you value their business. It's also important to learn from your mistake and make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

4. How do I handle a situation like this without getting upset?

It's natural to feel upset when someone is yelling at you, but it's important to remain calm and professional. Take deep breaths, listen to the host's concerns, and respond in a calm and respectful manner. Remember to focus on finding a solution rather than getting caught up in the emotions of the situation.

5. Did I completely fail in this situation?

No, making mistakes is a part of life and it's important to learn from them. It's also important to take responsibility for your actions and try to make things right. Keep a positive attitude and use this experience to improve your skills and become a better consultant in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• topchef.heather
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
topchef.heather
  • letscook04
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • evk1972