• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Manage Unreasonable Demands from Hosts?

In summary, the customer is angry because the host said they would add plates to the order, but did not and instead yelled at the customer. The customer is trying to find a way to get the plates they wanted without returning all the free products the host has given them.
letscook04
Gold Member
I’ve just got off the phone with host Susie which her show was 2weeks ago, and she is just going through her stuff now!! Her friend ordered the 3 tier stand thought that that the simple additions plates came with it. Host Susie was thinking of putting it under her order but decided not to. Well, she was yelling at me that she did tell me to order those plates(which she did not) and that I SHOULD call PC to put them under her order at 30%. I’ve explained to her that they would probably not do it since the show was already submitted and delivered. WELL, she bashed PC and said that if they do not do it for her she will then return all of her stuff (over $450.00). I just don’t understand some of these B****y hosts!!:mad:

Aw, that stinks. Could you do a 3-way call with customer service? I'd suggest just giving her the phone number, but the you wouldn't be able to defend yourself regarding what she told you to order.

I'm guessing she won't really return all of her free stuff....if she wants to, then graciously offer to come pick it up from her house. :D

I don't know if HO will let her add to her order or not, but IMO, like you, they won't. You could still offer to call for her and ask, it's worth a shot. Then tell her what they said. If they won't, she could order them for her friend at 10% off; that's better than full price at least.

Call HO - it can't hurt. You may get a sympathetic ear and maybe they'll help you.

What a bummer! I hope this works out for you in a good way. I don't think she'll return all of her product, either, but let her. If there is something she wants to return, I think HO will let her get something else. I had a host return a bunch of things and she chose other items. We had no problems. It's just an exchange. See if there is anything she wouldn't mind returning in order to get the plates she wants.

I'm curious that if her friend thought it came with plates, why would the host have wanted you to add them to your order??

Well, I called HO and no good. She suggested that I use my discount and have her pay me. OH WELL!! Now I am off to call Suzie host! Wish me luck!!

The nerve of some people! Let us know how it went.

Well, did you get ahold of her and what did she say?

The thought just went through my mind that you could turn lemons into lemonade with
this situation. Our October host specials will be Simple Additions, and I believe with the new catalog we will be selling the dessert plates as one item #. Perhaps you can encourage the person who bought the stand to become a catalog hostess or live hostess to get the plates at 60% off. It's one way to try to accommodate her. Of
course, then you will have to deal with Susie hostess who will want "past hostess" benefits, you can almost bet!

wadesgirl said:
I'm curious that if her friend thought it came with plates, why would the host have wanted you to add them to your order??

That's what I was thinking, too!

I guess I just don't understand why people just can't be a little kinder and gentler to one another. Would this lady treat the high end kitchen sales person at Bloomingdales the way she treated you?

Don't people know you get more flies with honey than you do vinegar?

Geesh- I got a NEW car from GMC because the new one I had was a lemon and I got a car that was almost $10K more than my old one cost for the same price as my old one cost...and the lady who's radio didn't work well got nothing because she withced and moaned and threw tantrums... I just loved the GM people when I was on the phone with them over a 6 month period, and was nice EVERY time I brought it to the service dept at the dealership....they were so pleased with my kindness the dealership told GM that they wanted to keep us as customers and please see what they could do to help us out... so I got one fancy, schmancy car just for being NICE!!!

I don't get people !!!

Some people never see that they actually are the problem

I was wondering too why the friend dont just buy them. I would probably handle it the same way you are handling it. I make it apoint to tell the host and customer so there isn't any grey area like this one cause I have ran into this problem one time. I am sure you did make it very aware they didn't come with. She still didn't have the right to treat you like dirt over it. Some people

How did it go? You can always add it on to another host's order (with the new host's permission of course) If it doesn't quite reach 30% off maybe you could eat 5-10%?
Question though, did the host think she paid for the plates? I always repeat back my host's order to them when we close it just to make sure I had it right. Especially if they are going back and forth on what they want.

byrd1956 said:
Some people never see that they actually are the problem

That's a problem, too! C'mon people...no one is perfect- let's all practice the golden rule... I mean sacrifice a little...go that extra mile... UGH!!!

This is why God probably hasn't granted my prayer request to give me Lightening Bolt Power... I wanted to use it to zap people back from the brink of mean-ness and stupidity.. :D But I've been asking God for lightening bolt power since I was a teen-ager...

I must not be ready for it, or He'd have given it to me by now! :) LOL;)

I like Rita's idea about the October host special, although the holiday app plates aren't included in the special. But the guest could easily get 1 set of plates or bowls with a catalog show - 2 if she busts her hump to get it over $500.

I left a message on her answer machine. I am sure that I will get a phone call from her while I am at work!

Her friend that ordered the stand spent well over $100 and was not spending another dime. Susie host was THINKING of buying the plates for her as a gift. When we were closing out her show she never included it in her order. I always read back what they got for Free, 1/2 off & host special, so she was well aware of what she was getting!

I will kick in 10% and with her 10% would equal out to a 20% discount.

That is a good idea for the October special. I will tell her about it or maybe I won't. I just want to be gone with her. I really do not want anything to do with nasty people like her.

Kacey, I am still waiting for my Lightening Bolt Power.. :D

letscook04 said:

Hey Coll - what NOW you are wonder woman or somethin??? LOL - Let me know how it goes with Susie Host - I like the October idea - ( she can use it as a christmas gift then!)

BTW - still cracking up from last night!!!;)

Oh no, don't get me started Dor! LOL I have control myself at work today. :D

letscook04 said:

The Furry Guy has always wanted a shrink ray. His plan is mostly to use it on bad drivers, but he is more than willing to use it in other situations. His plan is to use it to shrink people 10% (car & all if they're driving). None of their other clothes would fit. They'd have trouble finding car parts (if their car was included).

See, he's not only a genius. He's an evil genius. :D

raebates said:
The Furry Guy has always wanted a shrink ray. His plan is mostly to use it on bad drivers, but he is more than willing to use it in other situations. His plan is to use it to shrink people 10% (car & all if they're driving). None of their other clothes would fit. They'd have trouble finding car parts (if their car was included).

See, he's not only a genius. He's an evil genius. :D

Evil minds think a like!! :D

I love it when we're in the car and someone cuts us off. He takes aim and makes weird ray-gun sounds. Then he'll look at me and say, "Another 10%!"

Related to How Do You Manage Unreasonable Demands from Hosts?

1. How can I handle a host who constantly changes their party date and time?

First, try to understand the reason behind the changes. Are they facing personal or scheduling conflicts? If so, try to work with them to find a suitable date and time. If the changes are due to indecisiveness or lack of commitment, gently remind them of the importance of sticking to the original plan in order to ensure a successful party. Offer to help with any necessary rescheduling tasks.

2. What should I do if a host makes last-minute demands for specific products or discounts?

Remain calm and professional. Explain that the party planning process is typically finalized in advance and that you are unable to make any changes at this time. Offer to work with them to find alternative solutions or products that fit within their budget. If necessary, politely remind them of the terms and conditions of hosting a party with Pampered Chef.

3. How do I deal with a host who is unhappy with their party results?

Listen to their concerns and address them with empathy. Offer to follow up with any guests who did not make a purchase to see if they are interested in placing an order. If the host is dissatisfied with their rewards, remind them of the benefits they received for hosting the party and offer to work with them to find a solution.

4. What is the best way to handle a host who is constantly canceling or rescheduling their party?

Communicate openly and clearly with the host about the importance of sticking to the agreed-upon party date. If they continue to cancel or reschedule, consider offering alternative options such as a catalog or virtual party. You can also offer to have a teammate step in to host the party in their place. If the host is unable to commit, it may be best to politely cancel the party altogether.

5. Is there a specific protocol for addressing conflicts with a difficult host?

Yes, it is important to remain professional and respectful at all times. Try to understand the root cause of the conflict and address it directly and calmly. If necessary, involve a manager or team leader to help mediate the situation. Remember to always prioritize the success of the party and the satisfaction of the host and their guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • evk1972