• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking at an Apartment: Microwave & Sink Tips!

In summary, if you don't have an oven, you can cook hamburger meat in a Micro-Cooker or a Rice Cooker.
mrsbettyboop0000
I want to do a power cooking show at a apartment complex, but the only thing they have is a sink, and a microwave. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to pull this off. Can you even cook hamburger meat in the micro??? Thanks in advance!!

You can, if you have a Micro-Cooker or a Rice Cooker.But an easier thing to do is to get a portable burner (hot plate) from Wally World or some other discount store. I've got one that I take to shows for when the kitchen just isn't condusive to using the stove for a demo. They're usually $10 or less, depending on where you get it and what type (mine's electric, but you can get gas ones, too, that use little cartridges of fuel).

Great Idea! Thanks!!!

I'm doing a bridal show next month and there is no oven there...just a microwave and a sink. :) We're going to do a fruit pizza, and I'm baking the sugar cookie here at home before I go. I can just bring it on a round stone already baked (it has to be cooled before you can put the toppings on, anyway, so that works out). I'm also doing strawberry lemonade in the QSP, and then we're going to basically just do a game or two. I think the key for doing shows without a full kitchen is to find recipes where you can simplify things. :) Good luck!

Great!! Thanks!! I want to get the Power Cooking theme out there!! I think it is just an awesome theme b/c of everyone's busy life in the summer. Thanks soo much!!! and to respond to chefann, i just bought a hot plate for camping purposes, that will be great!!:balloon:

ok, did you just delete your post??? Where did it go!!!LOL

What are some tips for power cooking in an apartment?

1. Use your microwave efficiently by cooking multiple items at once. Place items with similar cooking times together to save time and energy.

2. Invest in a microwave-safe steamer to easily cook vegetables, fish, and other dishes in a short amount of time.

3. Utilize your sink space by filling it with hot water to soak and pre-heat dishes before cooking. This will help speed up the cooking process.

4. Take advantage of countertop appliances, such as a toaster oven or electric skillet, for quick and easy cooking without taking up too much space.

5. Get creative with one-pot meals that can be cooked in the microwave or on the stovetop. This will save on dishes and cleanup time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • cookin to the top