• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Business Success with the Power of Positive Thinking

In summary, it seems that the people who are struggling the most with their businesses are the ones who complain the most.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Don't you all think there is truth to the power of positive thinking?

I noticed a lot of grumbling on CS today and people just grumpy about the logo wear challenge and the new policies. Like people saying they weren't even going to bother to try to find leads because it's pointless, etc. (those are my own words) It just seems to me that the ones who are struggling with their business's tend to be the ones who complain the most. I mean, I KNOW there is reason to complain at times, I've done my fair share, but sometimes don't we just have to accept the things that are beyond our control and figure out how were going to make it work for ourselves? Change is scary, that I can understand, I had my own little melt down when the new career plan was announced. BUT, then I started to think positive and about what this could do to help us build STRONGER and MORE COMPETENT teams and about how it's going to encourage/help me to do my job better. Once I found the positive side, my business and also my team has started to sky rocket. They are doing things that I have not seen them do in 5 years!

Is it just me, or do you think positive thinking can truely effect you in this kind of way?

You are totally correct! I think it's fine to vent (Lord knows I've done my share) but then it's important to move on and make it work for you. I can't control what others do but I can influence them. I know that I have to internalize things and then go with it.

I'm with you guys. I do believe in the power of positive thinking, and have had good results (when I am not in a complaining and whining mood).

I figure this: God gives all kinds of great things....if we are seeing the greatness of life, He makes it better for us. If we complain and only see negative, He makes sure not to waste the good things on us.

What do you think?

bethcooks4u said:
You are totally correct! I think it's fine to vent (Lord knows I've done my share) but then it's important to move on and make it work for you. I can't control what others do but I can influence them. I know that I have to internalize things and then go with it.

Yep, me too. I can get grumpy and poo poo things from time to time but it never gets me anywhere, so I dont bother. I believe that if you collect negitve vibes or feed into them they pull you down. Lifes to short like the old saying goes. "Make Lemonaid out of lemons"

I 100% BELIEVE IN POSTIVE THINKING AND THE LAW OF ATTRACTION!!!!! it works and tell everyone that it is the only was to think..positive...

i can't even read the posts on cs anymore bc i feel if they spent more time "doing" positive things for their business they wouldn't have as much time to be there spreading their negative energy....

surround yourself with positive thoughts, energy and people....Positive things WILL happen :)

Ok, so today I spent the day out with my husband running errands. I put on my PC logo and packed my PC catalog bag. I told him that I'm going out with a positive attitude and I WILL come home with some leads. Sure enough, handed out 5 recipe cards and made 1 recruit lead contact... I was POSITIVE and it WORKED! Try it, seriously!!!

Go Darcy Go Darcy....go go go go Darcy!

I can relate. I have a consultant who sees the cup as half full all of the time. When the cup isn't half full, she makes it half full. When the cup is half full, it is all my fault. You know, one of those. I personally had an awesome PC week. Literally everywhere I turned there were conversations about PC. This week I booked 4 shows and found a recruit lead, just with my catalog tote and my car window decals. Of course I was excited, so I made my contact with consultants on those days. It was amazing to get phone calls from them hearing about their successes all from the enthusiasm of my successes all from my enthusiasm about my business. Hope you can follow that. So yes, positive attitude is everything!

I totally agree! I have to say though we have to be careful.

One season I was doing calls and I got a customer on the phone and said "I'm so excited about our new products..." - her response was "I'm not."

Talk about taking the wind out! I never forgot that and think of it whenever I call prospectives. I have gotten in the habit of tempering my excitement so I don't gush.

I have to say though, I am getting over it (this happened probably 6 years ago) or maybe I just matured. I know better what to say to get things going. For instance, once we're talking I tell them that a new catalog is coming out and I think people will love the new things we're adding...

Even talking to the team I feel that I have to temper what I say. Some have high goals, others just want to submit every once in a while. I usually have at least double what anyone else sells and they ask how I do it. I tell them (over and over) but they seem to think I'm in a different league or have some kind of magic or something. I can't get it across to them that they can get the business too. I do train on what they can do to duplicate me and I do offer that they come with me to shows but it's like they think "no matter what I do I can't do as good as her" ...or something. (And I'm not THAT good.)

pcjenn said:
I can relate. I have a consultant who sees the cup as half full all of the time. When the cup isn't half full, she makes it half full. When the cup is half full, it is all my fault. You know, one of those. I personally had an awesome PC week. Literally everywhere I turned there were conversations about PC. This week I booked 4 shows and found a recruit lead, just with my catalog tote and my car window decals. Of course I was excited, so I made my contact with consultants on those days. It was amazing to get phone calls from them hearing about their successes all from the enthusiasm of my successes all from my enthusiasm about my business. Hope you can follow that. So yes, positive attitude is everything!

Congratulations on your awesome results!! I needed to hear this. I am not PMSing, have had rest and sleep and I am not positive right now this is a message I need to hear! Thank you!:chef:

1. How does positive thinking impact business success?

Positive thinking can greatly impact business success by improving productivity, increasing motivation, and fostering a more optimistic and innovative work environment. It can also help individuals overcome challenges and setbacks more effectively, leading to better decision-making and overall success in achieving goals.

2. Can positive thinking really make a difference in a competitive business world?

Absolutely. Positive thinking allows individuals to approach challenges and competition with a growth mindset, seeking opportunities for improvement and learning rather than feeling discouraged or defeated. It also helps build resilience and adaptability, which are crucial traits for success in a competitive business world.

3. How can I incorporate positive thinking into my daily work routine?

One way to incorporate positive thinking into your daily work routine is to start each day with a positive affirmation or mantra. You can also practice gratitude and focus on the things you are thankful for in your work and personal life. Additionally, try to reframe negative thoughts into more positive or productive ones, and surround yourself with positive and supportive colleagues and mentors.

4. Can positive thinking help with networking and building professional relationships?

Yes, positive thinking can play a significant role in networking and building professional relationships. By maintaining a positive and optimistic attitude, you are more likely to make a good impression and build trust with others. It can also help you approach networking events and interactions with a more confident and open mindset, increasing your chances of making meaningful connections.

5. How can positive thinking impact the success of a team or business as a whole?

Positive thinking can have a powerful impact on the success of a team or business as a whole. When individuals within a team have a positive mindset, they are more likely to work collaboratively, communicate effectively, and support one another. This can lead to a more cohesive and productive team, ultimately contributing to the overall success of the business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies
Views
Inomiamenda
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • kcjodih
  • Buy and Sell Items