1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pork Tenderloin

1. Can someone help me? I have never cooked a pork tenderloin in the oven or micro. I have heard alot about a BBQ pork tenderloin but I have no idea what to do or where to start with this. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Sep 21, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

10-Minute Barbecue Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:

1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub

Directions:

1. On Large Grooved Cutting Board, trim fat and silver skin from pork tenderloin using Utility Knife. Brush pork with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Place pork into Deep Covered Baker, tucking smaller end under to create a uniform thickness. Even rub pork with Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub.

2. Cover baker; microwave on HIGH 6-10 minutes, checking temperature at 6 minutes and at every 2-minute interval or until Pocket Thermometer registers 150°F. Remove baker from microwave; let stand, covered, 10 minutes (temperature will rise to 160° for medium doneness).
    Yield: 4 servings
    Nutrients per serving: Calories, 190; Total Fat, 10 g; Saturated Fat, 2.5 g; Cholesterol, 75 mg; Carbohydrate 0 g; Protein, 23 g; Sodium, 300 mg; Fiber 0 g.

Cook’s Tip: This recipe can be doubled easily. Place two tenderloins in Deep Covered Baker; microwave on HIGH 8-12 minutes as directed above.

Use the recipe above to make the following tasty meals:

Miniature Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
    Cut 1 medium onion into ¼-inch thick slices. Arrange onion slices over bottom of baker. Prepare pork as directed above. Cut pork into ¼-inch thick slices. Arrange sliced pork evenly on 8 small rolls; top with onions. Spread about 1 teaspoon Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub over top half of each roll; top sandwiches and serve.

An excellent topping for these sandwiches is Onion-Cranberry Marmalade from the Pampered Chef’s Cooking for Two & More cookbook.

Yield: 8 mini sandwiches

Nutrients per serving (I mini sandwich): Calories, 200; Total Fat, 6 g; Saturated Fat, 1.5 g; Cholesterol, 35 mg; Carbohydrate 20 g; Protein, 15 g; Sodium, 380 mg; Fiber 1 g.

Barbecue Pork Salad
    Prepare pork as directed above. For dressing, combine ¼ cup ranch salad dressing and 1 teaspoon
    Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub. Cut pork into strips. Thinly slice half of a medium red onion. In Simple Additions® Dots Large Round Bowl, combine 1 package (7 ounces) iceberg lettuce mix and 2 cups cole slaw mix; top with onion, 1 cup thawed frozen corn and pork. Drizzle with dressing.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories, 320; Total Fat, 18 g; Saturated Fat, 3.5 g; Cholesterol, 80 mg; Carbohydrate 15 g; Protein, 26 g; Sodium, 500 mg; Fiber 3 g.

Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Rice
    Slice 1 medium red bell pepper into thin strips, arrange evenly over bottom of baker. Prepare pork as directed; substituting Jamaican Jerk Rub for the barbeque rub. Slice pork; serve over rice. Sprinkle with sliced green onions.

Southwest Pork Fajitas
    Slice one medium onion and one medium green bell pepper; arrange evenly over bottom of baker. Add 1 pressed garlic clove to baker. Prepare pork as directed; substituting Southwestern Seasoning Mix for the barbeque rub. Slice pork into strips; return to baker and toss with onion and pepper. Serve with warm tortillas. Garnish with shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole, if desired.

Sep 21, 2009
  3. Do you think its better in the micro or the oven? Just wondering....

Sep 21, 2009
  4. StacieB

StacieB Veteran Member Gold Member

it is great in the Microwave and I have been selling ther bakers like hotcakes when i demo the pork loin. Good luck!

Sep 21, 2009
  5. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I make a pork tenderloin in the micro at least once a week! I've done the Jamaican and teh Smokey BBQ and this week I bought one of the pre-marinated tenderloins from my grocery store and did that... I usually throw in some quartered baby red potatoes, YUMMY!

DH LOVES it, it's one of his favorite meals and takes me about 15-18 minutes start to finish :)

Sep 21, 2009
Have something to add?