• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

BBQ Pork Tenderloin - Oven it Up!

In summary, the recipe for the BBQ pork tenderloin in a microwave is good, but the oven is better because it can be done at a lower temperature and for a longer time.
soulsing
Silver Member
Wanted to do the BBQ Pork Tenderloin for a show this weekend, but my host just measured her microwave and it's too small for the baker. :( Has anyone tried this recipe in the oven and if so, at what temperature and for how long?

This recipe is so good in the microwave, but I'd still like to show off the baker even if I have to do it in the oven.

Thanks for the help!

I'm not an expert but if it was me, I'd try it at home! I'd buy 2 pounds of pork loin (Two 1-pound peices) and then I'd try it in the oven at mabye 325 - 350 with the lid on and see how long it takes and see if you end up needing to add water, if it tuns out good the first time, then you know you did it right if it doesn't, tweak it the next time, maybe it will need more water or a lower temperature! Maybe use a different seasoning the second time so that it's not the same thing over and over for you and your family!
Shoot, I'd even bring my microwave it you wanted to!!!! Mine is light and easy to bring and the baker fits perfectly. (bought by PC with one of my gift certificates!!)
Maybe others will have better advice, but when I don't know about something, I always practice! And I practice until I get right or I'd bring my own microwave!!! But that's me!;)
Good luck!

I've made it in the oven many times! Just roast at 325.....can't remember how long though - until the meat is 160* w/ the meat thermometer. I have done it with the Jamacian Jerk seasoning, and with the BBQ seasoning - both yummy. I roast it - no added water, and no lid.

see like I said I'm not an expert! I just know that the lid would help make it retain it's liquid but Becky probably knows best on "no lid". Becky, do you put the lid on when you get it out of the oven like the recipe call for? so that it keeps it moist? Just curious!

How small is the host's microwave? Will the baker fit but not rotate? If that's the case, you can still do it. Just rotate it every 2-3 minutes. (My micro has no turntable, so I have to do that.)

If it's just WAAAYYY too small, try using a different piece of stoneware - like the loaf pan. Cover the meat with a piece of parchment paper.

MissChef said:
see like I said I'm not an expert! I just know that the lid would help make it retain it's liquid but Becky probably knows best on "no lid". Becky, do you put the lid on when you get it out of the oven like the recipe call for? so that it keeps it moist? Just curious!

Yes - put the lid on for 10 minutes when you take it out - this is when the juices redistribute through the meat, and make the meat juicy and tender. This is true with ANY kind of meat of poultry. If you try to slice/cut it too soon, all the juices will drain out, and leave you with dry, tough meat. I always tell guests this at shows - and say "so all those times you thought you had overcooked the roast, chicken, etc..... it may not be so, it's just that you didn't let it rest before carving!"

thanksThanks for the info! I'll try one tomorrow in the oven to see how it does. If all else fails, I guess I could make it in my microwave and transport it there. :) Thanks again!!!

This thread was very educational! Thanks Becky and Ann!

Ann, never thought of using a smaller stone. Great idea!

A little off topic--what would you serve with the tenderloin for a show as a second recipe? I usually try to do something small & already done. The show next week I'm doing this at is a 6:15 show, so right during dinner time & I'd like to have more than just the tenderloin. The host is also having some extra food too.

I'm also doing the BBQ mini sandwiches. What kind of rolls would you use? Thanks & sorry to go off topic a little bit!

Do you want a dessert or a side dish as a second recipe? Grilled fresh pineapple is fantastic with pork tenderloin.

I'd get some small rolls for a show - feed more people with less filling. :) Like dinner rolls (Costco sells them in the bakery in a big bag) or Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.

I was just going to post the same thing about Rolls, Ann!

And we seem to share a love for all things Pineapple!:D

Have one sitting on my counter right now that I am trying to decide how to use.......

oohh-- I'm drivin' to your house from work. I'll just stay on 96 past my exit and keep going....

chefann said:
oohh-- I'm drivin' to your house from work. I'll just stay on 96 past my exit and keep going....

Ummm, but I just posted on another thread about my total lack of desire to cook tonight....maybe we should meet at a DQ half-way for a Pineapple Sundae???

We could meet in Lansing for dinner. That's about half way.

I don't feel like cooking tonight, either. And it's my turn.

chefann said:
We could meet in Lansing for dinner. That's about half way.

I don't feel like cooking tonight, either. And it's my turn.

You know - we really should do that sometime!

We should!

BTW- I'm thinking I'm going to make your pork chops that you posted the other day. I just need to stop and get some chops at the store (none in the freezer at home when I checked). And some applesauce (Dan won't eat porkchops without it). And some potatoes.

I really need to go grocery shopping. Bleah.

chefann said:
Do you want a dessert or a side dish as a second recipe? Grilled fresh pineapple is fantastic with pork tenderloin.

I'd get some small rolls for a show - feed more people with less filling. :) Like dinner rolls (Costco sells them in the bakery in a big bag) or Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.

I'm not sure if I want a side dish or dessert. I've been having problems with the smell of grilled pineapple this pregnancy, so I'm not too sure about that--though I LOVE pineapple! I was even debating doing the BBQ pork salad mentioned with the pork tenderloin info so I could show the July special. Not sure if that would be too much.

Thanks about the rolls. I was thinking of dinner rolls, just not sure if they were too small--but probably great for a sample size!

Rice in the rice cooker is a good side with the pork. Then you can show a whole meal without heating up the kitchen (OK- add a salad for a WHOLE meal). If you make your rice with chicken broth instead of water, it'll have more flavor. And it's still an inexpensive second recipe.

Dessert-wise, anything goes. How about an easy trifle?

And sorry we hijacked your thread for a while there.

Actually, I kind of hijacked the original thread myself!

With the rice, would you just use white rice & chicken broth? That would be a good second choice--when I tried the tenderloin recently, I made some Rice A Roni rice to go with it! Hmmm....may have to shoot off an email to the host for her ideas instead of waiting until next week to finalize the plans!

When I made tenderloin and rice last weekend, I just used chicken broth instead of the water. Made the rice in the rice cooker, then let it sit on the counter while the pork was in the micro.

I don't know, but cooking the pork (I would have it going before the guests arrive just to be sure it gets well cooked) and making one of those fancy salads from The Spin on Salads cookbook would technically be one recipe. And a salad with meat in it is a meal in my book!

However; the other suggestions are good too! You can't lose. I LOVE pork tenderloin!

Chef Kearns said:
I don't know, but cooking the pork (I would have it going before the guests arrive just to be sure it gets well cooked) and making one of those fancy salads from The Spin on Salads cookbook would technically be one recipe. And a salad with meat in it is a meal in my book!

However; the other suggestions are good too! You can't lose. I LOVE pork tenderloin!

But I'm already planning on making the mini bbq sandwiches, so I was wondering if a salad also would be too much. I'm thinking maybe I'll ask the host--see if she was planning on a dessert. Thanks!

My "Go-To" Dessert when I need something quick and easy is the cover dessert on the All The Best Cookbook - Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue w/ strawberries and baked cinnamon chips.....and if I don't have time/feel like baking the chips, I just use cinnamon graham sticks. Takes less then 5 minutes to put together, looks pretty, and tastes yummy!

I would think if you served this w/ the sandwiches, it would be plenty.

1. How long does it take to cook BBQ pork tenderloin in the oven?

The cooking time for BBQ pork tenderloin in the oven will vary depending on the size and thickness of the tenderloin. On average, it takes about 20-25 minutes per pound at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It's important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit for safe consumption.

2. Can I marinate the pork tenderloin before cooking it in the oven?

Yes, marinating the pork tenderloin can add flavor and tenderness to the meat. You can marinate the pork tenderloin for 2-24 hours in the refrigerator before cooking it in the oven. Be sure to drain off the excess marinade before placing it in the oven.

3. Should I cover the pork tenderloin while cooking it in the oven?

It is not necessary to cover the pork tenderloin while cooking it in the oven. The high heat will help to caramelize the BBQ sauce and create a delicious crust on the outside of the tenderloin. However, if the pork tenderloin starts to brown too quickly, you can loosely cover it with foil to prevent it from burning.

4. How do I know when the pork tenderloin is done cooking in the oven?

The best way to determine if the pork tenderloin is fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the tenderloin and make sure it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also cut into the thickest part of the tenderloin to check for any pinkness.

5. Can I use any type of BBQ sauce for the pork tenderloin?

Yes, you can use any type of BBQ sauce for the pork tenderloin. Whether it's a sweet, tangy, or spicy sauce, it will add delicious flavor to the tenderloin. You can also experiment with different flavors and brands to find your favorite BBQ sauce for this dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • supplyhoarder