• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Pray for My New Preemie Cousins!

In summary, Lori's cousin had twins 9 weeks early and both boys are doing well. They weighed 3 and 2 pounds at birth, and had some medical issues, but are now healthy 4 year old boys. Prayers are on the way for the twins and their mother.
pamperedcheflori
My cousin, who lives in CA, just had twin boys, 9 weeks early! They are both small, around 3 lbs. So far, they are both doing ok, despite some medical issues. Their names are Brett and Blake, so please pray for them!

Thanks!

Lori ;)

Prayers are on the way. My twins were 5 weeks early and my sisters were 7. They are in the best place possible. The NICU is wonderful and will take great care of them. Please keep us informed or you can email me with any questions. My twins are now 6 and you would never know that they were preemies.

My sister had her son 6 weeks early and you can't tell he was a preemie either! The NICU was great and he came home after only 10 days! He is now 7 years old and full of spitfire! He often tells people, "My aunt is a Chef! She is a good cooker! She knows how to cook for adults and for kids!"

hahaha
Lori:D

I'll be praying for you.

pamperedcheflori said:
My sister had her son 6 weeks early and you can't tell he was a preemie either! The NICU was great and he came home after only 10 days! He is now 7 years old and full of spitfire! He often tells people, "My aunt is a Chef! She is a good cooker! She knows how to cook for adults and for kids!"

hahaha
Lori:D

Don't you just love the things little kids say. It's so cute! You must be a good cooker to get a 7 yo's approval though! That's an awesome compliment!

I hope the babies do fine, I'm sure they will. That early isn't as much of a big deal as it was back when. They'll be in great care in NICU. My cousin had twins about 5 months ago, they were 9 1/2 weeks early. They spent quite a bit of time in the hospital, but are doing good today.

:) Tell the mommy we all said congratulations!:balloon:

My twins tried to come early (right before 27 weeks), so I'll bet your family has had a lot of emotional turmoil because I remember how stressed we were. Prayers being said for your cousin and her boys, and the rest of your family as well! Keep us posted on their progress (and post a pic if you get one you can share!!!). :)

My twin boys came into the world at 27 weeks 5 days. One weighed 3 pounds and the other 2 pounds 14 ounces. It was a struggle for a couple of months but everything worked out find. They are healthy 4 year old boys now and drive me crazy every chance they get. Just tell your cousin to have patience and God will watch over them.

Prayers for the little guys!!

Sending good thoughts to your new little cousins and hope they are out of the NICU soon! My cousin had 2 preemies - her son was born at 24 weeks - 1 lb 7 oz. - he'll be 4 years old in May and is doing great! It's amazing what medicine can do nowadays.

Pics posted in my album.

How precious!

They are adorable!

Prayers that God will touch and strengthen their little bodies and help them come home soon with no more complications!

So cute!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Just looked at the pics and the kids are precious! Thanks for sharing...prayers are continuing here and will keep on as long as you need them! :)

I'll be praying.

My oldest came at 30 weeks, 1 pound 15 oz. He had LOTS of problems. For a long time we didn't know if he'd make it. He spent 3 weeks on the vent. You never think you'll make it through those tough times, but you do. He spent a little over 10 weeks in the NICU. He's now 6 and in K. You'd never guess anything was ever wrong. He's perfect!

My thoughts are with your family.

New pic just posted of the twins!

Both boys are now home! Thank you all for your prayers! New pic posted too!

How exciting! Glad they are doing well...

P.S. Where are the pictures?

There are some pictures on her Public Profile. They sure are beautiful. Glad to hear they're both home!

1. How can I support my family with preemie twins?

There are a few ways you can support your family during this time. First and foremost, offering emotional support and being there for them is important. You can also offer to help with daily tasks such as cooking, cleaning, and running errands. Additionally, you can donate to organizations that support premature babies and their families, or offer to set up a meal train for your family.

2. Is there anything I should avoid saying to the parents of preemie babies?

It's important to be mindful of the language you use when speaking to the parents of preemie babies. Avoid phrases such as "at least they're healthy" or "at least they're alive." These statements can be hurtful and dismissive of the challenges the parents and babies are facing.

3. How can I help the parents cope with the stress of having preemie twins?

One of the best ways to help parents cope with the stress of having preemie twins is to offer a listening ear and be there to support them in any way they need. You can also help by providing resources and information about support groups or counseling services that specialize in helping parents of preemies.

4. Are there any specific products or items that can be helpful for preemie twins?

There are a few products that can be helpful for preemie twins, such as preemie-sized diapers, onesies, and blankets. It's also important to have a thermometer, a nasal aspirator, and a baby scale to closely monitor the babies' health. Additionally, a baby carrier or wrap can be helpful for keeping the babies close while still being able to use your hands.

5. How can I offer my support from a distance?

If you are unable to physically be there to support your family with preemie twins, there are still ways you can offer your support from a distance. You can send care packages with items that may be helpful for the babies or parents, such as snacks, books, or self-care items. You can also regularly check in with the family through calls, texts, or video chats to offer emotional support and see how you can help from afar.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • WLMcCoy