• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Berries N' Stars Party: What to Do When You're Missing Ingredients

a star cookie cutter. Just cut them before hand! Or just slice them with the egg slicer plus if you have...a star cookie cutter.
Stef1023
I'm doing a stars and stripes party next week and i'm wanting to make the Berries N' Stars recipe. what do I do if i don't have all the products needed to make this?
any advice would be helpful!!:confused:

Be creative with what you do have. What are you missing? I bet the EAD. Just spoon the cool whip on and tell them you'll be able to do this much prettier when you have our EAD and have them look at it in the catalog.

Point out that you are looking forward to getting more and more products for free and at deep discounts but right now you don't have them all and have them find it in the catalog - pics say it well. I send them to the catalog to look at some ideas for the trifle bowl when using it for a dessert and ask them what else they think would work in it.

I can do that! thanks for you imput

This is a great recipe. I made it at my show tonight and everyone loved it. I don't have the EAD either also I did mine on the large bar pan we got and it worked perfectly. Also guest will understand we are trying to build our business, I've had to bring platters from home and say it's not PC but eventually I'll be working on getting our Simple Additions collections, this helps me lead into that piece.

missing items neededs
BethCooks4U said:
Be creative with what you do have. What are you missing? I bet the EAD. Just spoon the cool whip on and tell them you'll be able to do this much prettier when you have our EAD and have them look at it in the catalog.

Point out that you are looking forward to getting more and more products for free and at deep discounts but right now you don't have them all and have them find it in the catalog - pics say it well. I send them to the catalog to look at some ideas for the trifle bowl when using it for a dessert and ask them what else they think would work in it.

She is right on! When I first started, I borrowed my director's products when needed. Just tonight I told my guests at my show that in almost 4 years, I have only purchased products for myself 4 times. I like to earn my products free and use my commission for other things. It makes people think that our business can make you money.

"I'm the pampered chef, not the perfect chef" this is the phrase I use a lot. It would work perfect when spooning out the cool whip and saying how much prettier it would look with the easy accent decorator.

Can anyone tell me what book I can find this recipe in? I found the recipe, but I was hoping to see a picture because I'm having trouble visualizing the final product.

TIA!

AZPampered Chef said:
Can anyone tell me what book I can find this recipe in? I found the recipe, but I was hoping to see a picture because I'm having trouble visualizing the final product.

TIA!

I think it is in All the Best. It turns out really pretty. It's a lot of work though. My hand was killing me after I decorated it.

jrstephens said:
I think it is in All the Best. It turns out really pretty. It's a lot of work though. My hand was killing me after I decorated it.

Here's a pic of mine:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/jrstephens/Chef%20Success%20Stuff/berry.jpg

Oooohhh...that is pretty Jennifer!

Another idea for those without the EAD...spoon the cool whip into the corner of a gallon ZIPLOC bag, cut the tip of the corner off, and use it like a pastry bag to dollop the cool whip on! **I say Ziploc bag cuz generic bags don't have a very strong seam...I have "blown out" the seam on those bags trying to use them like that! Ziploc brand has never done that to me!

If you have them, you can use the large scoop to fill the bag, and then the kitchen shears (or utility knife) to cut off the corner of the bag.

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

I also don't have the cookie cutters. so i'm assuming any star shaped cookie cutter will do?

Stef1023 said:
I also don't have the cookie cutters. so i'm assuming any star shaped cookie cutter will do?
Just cut them before hand! Or just slice them with the egg slicer plus if you have it.

hmmm nope don't have that either!lol guess i'll have to see how creative i can be

Slice the strawberries with the mandoline. Just put them in the slider part of the holder (don't pierce them with the prongs) and hold it lightly while slicing. Works great and really fast. I use the v-cutter for that.

As far as the pastry stars, just cut them with a different cookie cutter and tell them about the cool shapes that ours come with.

There is a pic. on bottom of page 40 right hand side in the catalog. I've made this at several shows this month-easy--beautiful---YUMMY!!

HINT--don't use ready whip in the can. My host last week bought 2 cans b/c she had a coupon instead of purchasing the tub of cool whip. It was not pretty. The filling turned out runny and wouldn't stay in the crust.

I am planning to make this recipe for my show tomorrow, but have no ambition to practice it right now. I do have all the ingredients, but had a b-day party for my DS, and after cleaning all morning, I just have no energy. (I am making some lemon bars right now, for a baby shower I will be attending in the morning.)

I will be using the large bar pan instead of the rectangle stone. Will I need an additional stone for the stars? or will the bar pan be large enough? Do I need to make the pastry ahead of time, before the show? or is there enough cooling time at the show? I will be doing this as an interactive. Help!!

I just did the pastry for this tonight in my bar pan, and there is not really enough room for all of the stars too. I would think that there would be enough cooling time while you mix up the filling and then get the berries ready. It would probably help to transfer the pastry to the cooling rack though, and then back to the bar pan for serving (or onto a different platter).

I have to say, I (and my whole family) found the filling for this extremely sweet. I am planning on folding in some light sour cream the next time I make it. But then again, I am also the one who finds the strawberry cream trifle filling way too sweet too, while lots of people love it...

Related to Planning a Berries N' Stars Party: What to Do When You're Missing Ingredients

1. How can I substitute missing ingredients for my Berries N' Stars Party?

If you're missing an ingredient for your Berries N' Stars Party, don't worry! You can easily substitute with similar ingredients. For example, if you're missing blueberries, you can use blackberries or raspberries instead. If you're missing strawberries, try using sliced peaches or nectarines.

2. Can I make any of the recipes ahead of time?

Absolutely! Many of the recipes for your Berries N' Stars Party can be made ahead of time. For dishes that need to be served warm, such as the star-shaped quiches, you can prepare the filling ahead of time and assemble and bake them right before your party. For other dishes, like the berry salad, you can prepare all the ingredients and toss them together right before serving.

3. What can I serve as a non-alcoholic option for drinks?

If you're looking for a non-alcoholic option for your Berries N' Stars Party, consider making a refreshing berry-infused water or lemonade. You can also offer a variety of sodas or sparkling water with fresh berries as a garnish. And don't forget about mocktails! There are plenty of delicious recipes that use fresh berries as the star ingredient.

4. Can I use frozen berries instead of fresh?

Absolutely! Frozen berries are a great option for your Berries N' Stars Party, especially if you're missing fresh berries. Just make sure to thaw them before using in your recipes. You can also use a mix of fresh and frozen berries for added variety and flavor.

5. How can I make the recipes more budget-friendly?

If you're on a budget, don't worry! There are plenty of ways to make your Berries N' Stars Party more budget-friendly. You can opt for frozen berries instead of fresh, use store-brand ingredients, or make some of the dishes from scratch instead of buying pre-made options. You can also ask your guests to bring a dish or drink to share, which can help cut down on costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies