• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Yall Making for the 4Th?

In summary, many people are discussing ideas for family reunions, cookouts, and vacations. For the family reunion, one person is considering making Berries 'N Stars puffpastry recipe. For the cookout, ideas include grilled rosemary & garlic lambchops, mediterranean beef & chicken kabobs, lemon & dill couscous, bowtie pasta salad, grilled pita bread, fresh fruit salad, strawberry cheesecake truffles, and chocolate cheesecake truffles
jrstephens
My husband's side of the family always has their family reunion over the 4th.

I am thinking of the Berries 'N Stars puffpastry recipe. It sounds good.

I need something to wow the ones that are there. Last year I got a few orders when I did the American Dream Torte.

What are yall making? What's your plans?

Last edited:
camping......
we are having grilled chicken, a salad, homemade biscuits, corn on the cob & apple pie with hoemmmade ice cream

We're driving in a parade on the first (DH has a 66 Lincoln convertible - if he can get it running this week), and there's a picnic that follows. Right now, I have no idea what to make. It needs to be something I can let sit in the backseat during the parade. Maybe a jug of lemonade and a trifle (pack it in a cooler with gel packs).

I am making the trifle pictured herebut with a layer of blueberries added for blue to make it Red White & Blue

Attachments

• Pampered Chef 005 (Medium).jpg
    Pampered Chef 005 (Medium).jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 503
  • Pampered Chef 006 (Medium).jpg
    Pampered Chef 006 (Medium).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 410
Carolyn; that trifle looks delicious!!! It will be our 4th of July dessert!! Thanks for the idea!!!!

I think we are having ribs, corn on the cob, and Carolyn's trifle!!!

I am SO grateful to whomever it was at HO who originally came up with the Trifle Bowl idea - what a GREAT GREAT GREAT item to make all of our entertaining events easier!!!

I have not a clue what I am making for the 4th yet!!!

Here is the recipe I am trying:) It is also the one I used on my newsletter.

Attachments

• All American Celebration Cake.doc
    69 KB · Views: 368
jrstephens said:
My husband's side of the family always has their family reunion over the 4th.

I am thinking of the Berries 'N Stars puffpastry recipe. It sounds good.

I need something to wow the ones that are there. Last year I got a few orders when I did the American Dream Torte.

What are yall making? What's your plans?

The Berries N Stars is yummy! and if you have the creative cutters...very cute with the stars! I only had the old Star shaped Bread Tube...so the stars were huge!!

We're hosting a small cookout at our place before we head out to the beach down the street to catch the fireworks. Here are some ideas of what I plan on serving up...

- grilled rosemary & garlic lambchops
- mediterranean beef & chicken kabobs
- lemon & dill couscous
- bowtie pasta salad w/red onions, spinach, black olives, feta cheese & homemade greek dressing
- grilled pita bread
- fresh fruit salad
- strawberry cheesecake truffles
- chocolate cheesecake truffles

ChefNic said:
The Berries N Stars is yummy! and if you have the creative cutters...very cute with the stars! I only had the old Star shaped Bread Tube...so the stars were huge!!

I do have the Creative Cutters!

Joelen said:
We're hosting a small cookout at our place before we head out to the beach down the street to catch the fireworks. Here are some ideas of what I plan on serving up...

- grilled rosemary & garlic lambchops
- mediterranean beef & chicken kabobs
- lemon & dill couscous
- bowtie pasta salad w/red onions, spinach, black olives, feta cheese & homemade greek dressing
- grilled pita bread
- fresh fruit salad
- strawberry cheesecake truffles
- chocolate cheesecake truffles

Can I come to the cookout?

We are going to San Diego for the week... YEAH! We have a 15 month old and have not been on vacation for 2 years... so I am eating out!

:D
PCJenni said:
We are going to San Diego for the week... YEAH! We have a 15 month old and have not been on vacation for 2 years... so I am eating out!

I love eating out on vacation. I gain 5 pounds everytime we go and then have to get it off before the next vacation so they won't add up!

Carolyn - what do you put in your trifle?????? It looks awesome!

I am doing:

Marinated/Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Grilled Greek Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Patio Potato Salad
Spinach Dip w/ Veggies & Crackers
Grilled Corn on the Cob w/ Herbed Butter
Fresh, Cold Watermelon
Fresh Raspberry Pie & DH's Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

I was making the Berries and Starts dessert but I have looked EVERYWHERE around here and no one has puff pastries.

I am now going to make Mississippi Cornbread Salad.

ChefBeckyD said:
I am doing:

Marinated/Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Grilled Greek Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Patio Potato Salad
Spinach Dip w/ Veggies & Crackers
Grilled Corn on the Cob w/ Herbed Butter
Fresh, Cold Watermelon
Fresh Raspberry Pie & DH's Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

I'm going to Becky's house!

(Too bad it's too far away...)

We're going to a Pig Pickin' All I have to bring is a salad so I am making Paula Dean's Corn Salad.. it's SO delicious!

janetupnorth said:
I'm going to Becky's house!

(Too bad it's too far away...)
I second that!

It's only 3 hours from me.... :D
I'd much rather go there than my in-laws'. :p

Wow! I better get busy cooking if you are all going to be here!

Wouldn't that be fun!
I love love love cooking for people! It's my favorite thing to do!

sometimes I have to be careful what I take to Potlucks and such - I've been accused of showing off.....and that is not my heart at all! I just really get so much joy out of cooking, and making the food look pretty......it's what I'm good at, and what I love to do!

My sister is accused of that a lot, too. She is usually very willing to share recipes with the other attendees. In fact, she was at one pot luck event last year (an annual thing), and almost every dish on the table was a recipe that she's made for a pot luck and shared.

I'm making the same trifle as Carolyn, it's a Strawberry Shortcake trifle with blueberries. Yumm!

I also tried to make Strawberry Jello shots out of the star shaped ice cube trays, unfortunately they did not set well and I ended up scooping the jello into dixie cups. :rolleyes:

chefann said:
My sister is accused of that a lot, too. She is usually very willing to share recipes with the other attendees. In fact, she was at one pot luck event last year (an annual thing), and almost every dish on the table was a recipe that she's made for a pot luck and shared.

I have no secret recipes! Even when I was a Personal Chef, when clients would ask for the recipe, they got it! It never hurt my business, because most people would rather have someone else do the cooking for them!

In the words of a good friend of mine - "My favorite food is whatever someone else will make for me!"

Southern Caviar - & serving it in the Trifle Bowl
...this is the easiest, most awesome recipe & I always get requests for it!

1 can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
1 can Black Eyed Peas, drained & rinsed
1 can White Corn - no need to drain
1 can diced tomatoes - no need to drain
(you can substitute Rotel tomatoes with green chilis for extra kick)
1 8oz bottle Wish Bone Italian Dressing - only Wish Bone!
Cilantro, chopped

Mix all together. I use LOTS of cilantro, the more the better. The juice from the corn and tomatoes mixes with the dressing to give this the best flavor! Let chill for at least an hour then pour off most of the excess juice. I keep it in the fridge in the large bowl from our colander set. Serve with Tostido Scoops. Yum!

I'm making a call to our favorite pizza place.I met The Furry Guy 23 years ago on the 4th of July. We were standing in a department store waiting for the fireworks to start. [Insert joke about the fireworks really starting here.] We'll spend the day in Twelve Mile, IN, at the lawnmower races. It's a fun day with friends.Later, we'll get a pizza, and munch on that with some nachos. Then, if it's not storming, we'll go to the fireworks in Peru.

raebates said:
I'm making a call to our favorite pizza place.

I met The Furry Guy 23 years ago on the 4th of July. We were standing in a department store waiting for the fireworks to start. [Insert joke about the fireworks really starting here.] We'll spend the day in Twelve Mile, IN, at the lawnmower races. It's a fun day with friends.

Later, we'll get a pizza, and munch on that with some nachos. Then, if it's not storming, we'll go to the fireworks in Peru.

Why were they shooting off fireworks in a Dept. Store?

:D :D :D :D

My hubby is shooting off fireworks tomorrow - of course he's qualified to! ;) He even had to be fingerprinted to be able to...what the Federal Govt. makes you go through nowadays....

Becky,
that happens to me too, sometimes I don't even get to choose I'm told what to bring. When I do share recipes they always jokingly say I sabotage it!! They accuse me of leaving out ingred. becasue it never looks/tastes like mine.
they did get me though a few years ago our church put out a cookbook.They specifically asked for my monster cookie recipe In bold type I said measurements are accurate (It takes like 2 pounds M & M's, 2 pounds peanut butter etc. so you get the idea where people reading it don't take it seriously.) Some of the ladies decided to make it for our annual holiday luncheon/bazaar and they were so runny and nothing like mine afterwards they called me so I read thru the ecipe in the book and I HAD forgotten the oatmeal (I think it's like 12 cups)

I'm pretty sure I saw some.

Teresa Lynn said:
Becky,
that happens to me too, sometimes I don't even get to choose I'm told what to bring. When I do share recipes they always jokingly say I sabotage it!! They accuse me of leaving out ingred. becasue it never looks/tastes like mine.
they did get me though a few years ago our church put out a cookbook.They specifically asked for my monster cookie recipe In bold type I said measurements are accurate (It takes like 2 pounds M & M's, 2 pounds peanut butter etc. so you get the idea where people reading it don't take it seriously.) Some of the ladies decided to make it for our annual holiday luncheon/bazaar and they were so runny and nothing like mine afterwards they called me so I read thru the ecipe in the book and I HAD forgotten the oatmeal (I think it's like 12 cups)

Yeah - or like with our small group - they just all assume I'll be bringing something (or 2 -3 somethings) big for everyone, so they all bring chips and salsa, etc......:D

Teresa - is your Monster Cookie recipe like mine, and doesn't call for any flour? I don't know how many times I've been called asking if the recipe is correct.....now when I give out that recipe I always put a disclaimer about it being a flourless cookie!

yes, no flour tons of other stuff isn't there 18 eggs?
It takes a complete day to mix and bake then to find storage containers YEP Thats them!!
I have to do it when my husband is home to help stir because my mixer can't do it.
my Sunday school class is always suggesting what we can bring and now the Youth have started asking my kids to bring certain things.
When we have snack supper we always have a high attendance & the other parents have 1/3 to 1/2 show up. Never knew why until during one parent meeting one mother sniped me about my fixing too much food... I said HUH?
She and some others take a bag of chips and jar of salsa and can of bean dip. or heat up tomato soup (my kids gag on canned tomato soup)
I thought it was my job to feed them Sorry!!

Teresa Lynn said:
yes, no flour tons of other stuff isn't there 18 eggs?
It takes a complete day to mix and bake then to find storage containers YEP Thats them!!
I have to do it when my husband is home to help stir because my mixer can't do it.
my Sunday school class is always suggesting what we can bring and now the Youth have started asking my kids to bring certain things.
When we have snack supper we always have a high attendance & the other parents have 1/3 to 1/2 show up. Never knew why until during one parent meeting one mother sniped me about my fixing too much food... I said HUH?
She and some others take a bag of chips and jar of salsa and can of bean dip. or heat up tomato soup (my kids gag on canned tomato soup)
I thought it was my job to feed them Sorry!!
That's sad - but I can totally relate!Oh - and my DH works with almost all women (he is head of maintenance for a Large Assisted Living Center), and he has a team leaders meeting every Thurs. They take turns bringing treats for the meeting, and when it's his turn, he always comes home w/ requests for something incredibly easy (sarcasm dripping), like Cheesecake, or Carrot Cake.......:rolleyes:

I was only going to cook two little steaks and two ears of corn and stuff like that because my daughter is visiting my MIL in Texas.
Now, half of my family (sister, neices, parents, friends) have graciously invited themselves over to my house for the 4th!! I don't have $$ to feed everyone! Even if it was potluck, I didn't want to deal with a mess! I have a show Thurs. and Fri. then I leave Saturday. AHGGG!

I am going to my sisters and I am bringing the Colossal Chopped Chicken Salad.

I am going to a BBQ and am bringing the spinach strawberry salad

I'm going on a picnic in my backyard with the kids (thanks Becky for the idea) and we may just have cheap sandwiches. ;) I have to save every penny for gas $ to Chicago!!!!

I made up Frog's Eye Salad (the little ring noodles/pinneapple/mandarin oranges/cool whip/mini marshmallows) to take to me Dad's... I think we are grilling steaks for lunch and then a big family something or other that evening. I'm just grateful for a day off of work!

janetupnorth said:
I'm going on a picnic in my backyard with the kids (thanks Becky for the idea) and we may just have cheap sandwiches. ;) I have to save every penny for gas $ to Chicago!!!!

Looks like our picnic is going to be rained out!:( We will have a "garage" picnic though - and that will still be fun!

ChefBeckyD said:
Looks like our picnic is going to be rained out!:( We will have a "garage" picnic though - and that will still be fun!

Right now it is that way here, but I can still hope...

Garage picnic - another good idea!

That's what a 4-car garage is nice for!

janetupnorth said:
Right now it is that way here, but I can still hope...

Garage picnic - another good idea!

Our picnic is breakfast........eggs, bacon, muffins (instead of sticky buns), juice and coffee.

Then there is Lunch! That's the other menu I posted!

I have the pie baked, and the potato salad made for that.

I think you will be okay on the morning - 'cause it will be on the other side of the lake then!

chefann said:
That's what a 4-car garage is nice for!

We only have 1 and with the junk in it (lawnmower, snowblower, freezer, etc.) it fits half a car...but I can make enough room for a picnic if that's what the kids want!

ChefBeckyD said:
Our picnic is breakfast........eggs, bacon, muffins (instead of sticky buns), juice and coffee.

Then there is Lunch! That's the other menu I posted!

I have the pie baked, and the potato salad made for that.

I think you will be okay on the morning - 'cause it will be on the other side of the lake then!

I hope so!

The kids are riding with me in the parade (for the 1st time) and I want them to have fun!

janetupnorth said:
I hope so!

The kids are riding with me in the parade (for the 1st time) and I want them to have fun!

Ohhh - Micah has ridden in the parade w/ Rick before - he loved it!

Have fun! Our car won't be in the parade if it's raining.......

I won't be allowed up the neighbor's driveway if I don't have strawberries dipped in white chocolate bark, then just the tip dipped in blue decorator sugar. Red, White, & Blue. My neighbor LOVES and expects these. He was already anticipating them about a month ago!

How cute do those sound!!!

They are adorable and YUMMY too! I'll serve them in my Chillzanne RS so I can get a plug in!

We had our Picnic this morning - that 90% chance of rain never really materialized........and now the sun is shining!

We ended up not getting back from our picnic until 11:30 am, and my In-laws met us in the driveway with cappuccinos, so we ended up sitting outside and chatting.......I'm now finishing up food for our next celebration, which late last night got pushed back to Dinner instead of Lunch - because DH found out he had to go into work this afternoon.:(

That's okay, because Micah was so exhausted from all the fun this morning, that after Daddy left for work, he curled up in the Lazy-Boy and went to sleep.

Oh! DH just pulled in the driveway!

I'm going to my sister's and then fireworks in her town.

I just made the American Dream Torte from All the Best, with some substitutions based on what I had on hand here at home.

<h2>What are yall making for the 4th?</h2><p>At Pampered Chef, we have plenty of delicious and festive recipes to choose from for your 4th of July celebration. Some popular choices include the Berries 'N Stars puff pastry, American Dream Torte, and Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad. We also have a variety of refreshing drinks and tasty desserts to complete your menu.</p><h2>My husband's side of the family always has their family reunion over the 4th. What's your go-to recipe for a large group?</h2><p>For large gatherings like a family reunion, we recommend our Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabobs or our Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs. Both are easy to make in large quantities and are sure to be a hit with the whole family.</p><h2>I am thinking of the Berries 'N Stars puff pastry recipe. Is it easy to make?</h2><p>Yes, the Berries 'N Stars puff pastry recipe is very easy to make. It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes. Plus, it's a beautiful and tasty addition to any 4th of July spread.</p><h2>I need something to wow the ones that are there. Last year I got a few orders when I did the American Dream Torte. What other show-stopping recipes do you recommend?</h2><p>If you want to wow your guests, we suggest trying our Patriotic Pizzas or Firecracker Popcorn. These recipes are not only delicious but also have a fun and festive presentation that is sure to impress everyone at your 4th of July gathering.</p><h2>What are yall's plans for the 4th?</h2><p>At Pampered Chef, we love to celebrate the 4th of July with a backyard BBQ and watching fireworks with our family and friends. We also enjoy trying out new recipes and creating patriotic-themed dishes to add to our menu. How about you? What are your plans for the 4th of July?</p>

What are yall making for the 4th?

At Pampered Chef, we have plenty of delicious and festive recipes to choose from for your 4th of July celebration. Some popular choices include the Berries 'N Stars puff pastry, American Dream Torte, and Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad. We also have a variety of refreshing drinks and tasty desserts to complete your menu.

My husband's side of the family always has their family reunion over the 4th. What's your go-to recipe for a large group?

For large gatherings like a family reunion, we recommend our Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabobs or our Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs. Both are easy to make in large quantities and are sure to be a hit with the whole family.

I am thinking of the Berries 'N Stars puff pastry recipe. Is it easy to make?

Yes, the Berries 'N Stars puff pastry recipe is very easy to make. It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes. Plus, it's a beautiful and tasty addition to any 4th of July spread.

I need something to wow the ones that are there. Last year I got a few orders when I did the American Dream Torte. What other show-stopping recipes do you recommend?

If you want to wow your guests, we suggest trying our Patriotic Pizzas or Firecracker Popcorn. These recipes are not only delicious but also have a fun and festive presentation that is sure to impress everyone at your 4th of July gathering.

What are yall's plans for the 4th?

At Pampered Chef, we love to celebrate the 4th of July with a backyard BBQ and watching fireworks with our family and friends. We also enjoy trying out new recipes and creating patriotic-themed dishes to add to our menu. How about you? What are your plans for the 4th of July?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RebelChef
  • Chozengirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies