• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Placing Personal Orders - Are There Rules to Follow?

In summary, the conversation discusses placing a personal order over $150 and the possibility of earning commission and incentive points by placing the order under a friend or family member's name. There is also a discussion about hosting a show and entering the order under a different name. It is debated whether this is against the rules or not, with some suggesting it is technically not allowed but others admitting to doing it occasionally. It is suggested to host a catalog show instead to make the order legal.
mama2emma
Gold Member
...or is it completely against the rules?

I need to place a personal order, and the total is over $150. I read in a post on here that if you place the order under a friend or family member's name, you can then earn commission, incentive points, etc on the order. Apparently, this puts you farther ahead than if you just took the 20% discount, and that makes sense to me.

I would like to enter this as a show, so I earn PC dollars as well as commission, since I'm still in my 30 day intro period. If I do a "consultant acting as host" show and enter my order in my mom's name, are the PC police going to hunt me down? Am I breaking a rule, or is it one of those things that is overlooked because "everybody does it"?

Please don't flame me for asking, I really just need some guidance from the pros here.

Thanks!

As far as I know this is not against the rules. I have always placed orders under my husband or son's names. They both always have a past host discount.

As far as hosting your own show, you would put yourself down as consultant acting as host, and then you would also enter yourself in as a guest. Then you would order everything in the guest spot. You would have to pay $4.00 for shipping, but then you would still have commisionable sales on everything you order. I think this is the way to do it, but maybe someone else will have a better idea.
Technically you can't put a show in the name of someone that lives with you. They can't get the benefits of hosting, including the past host discount. I'm not saying it won't work, but you aren't supposed to do it.

mama2emma said:
...or is it completely against the rules?

I need to place a personal order, and the total is over $150. I read in a post on here that if you place the order under a friend or family member's name, you can then earn commission, incentive points, etc on the order. Apparently, this puts you farther ahead than if you just took the 20% discount, and that makes sense to me.

I would like to enter this as a show, so I earn PC dollars as well as commission, since I'm still in my 30 day intro period. If I do a "consultant acting as host" show and enter my order in my mom's name, are the PC police going to hunt me down? Am I breaking a rule, or is it one of those things that is overlooked because "everybody does it"?

Please don't flame me for asking, I really just need some guidance from the pros here.

Thanks!

Actually...

Any products we order are supposed to as a personal order. We are not supposed to earn incentive points or host benefits off of our own order. Now does that mean that I haven't occasionally ordered a spice or two on a hosts order...hmmmmmm.;)

I just wanted to make sure you knew that technically this is against policy. Now of course if you collected a couple other orders with this besides yours and entered it as a catalog show, then it would be completely legal!

However, we can host our own show (just check consultant acting as host in P3) which will give us incentive points. If we are the host, we will not earn commission on our personal order nor be eligible for the past host booking benefits.

mama2emma said:

climbercanoe3 said:
As far as hosting your own show, you would put yourself down as consultant acting as host, and then you would also enter yourself in as a guest. Then you would order everything in the guest spot. You would have to pay $4.00 for shipping, but then you would still have commisionable sales on everything you order. I think this is the way to do it, but maybe someone else will have a better idea.
Technically you can't put a show in the name of someone that lives with you. They can't get the benefits of hosting, including the past host discount. I'm not saying it won't work, but you aren't supposed to do it.
epimomma99 said:
As far as I know this is not against the rules. I have always placed orders under my husband or son's names. They both always have a past host discount.
This is against policy.

You can host a show but everything you buy is non-commissionable including the products purchased with the discount. You cannot put yourself down as a guest at a show. People you live with have the same restrictions.

If the order is all for you just do a personal order (non-com) and get your consultant's discount. Be honest with yourself.

If, however your order consists of gifts for others, then put those orders in the names of the persons you are gifting and by all means do it as a catalog show!

Thanks for clarifying Marlene and Beth. I still have lots to learn too.

Another big big problem with ordering your products in other peoples names is that if you need to do an adjustment you will have to send it back and wait for a replacement, just like a customer. But if you purchased it in your name and call HO and explain that it is something you use for shows they will usually send you a replacement first, then you can send the defective piece back.

Anything you put under your name you can also write off on your taxes!

Great clarification Beth!

What is the maximum number of personal orders I can place?

The maximum number of personal orders you can place is 5 per month. This allows for a fair distribution of products among all consultants and ensures that customers have access to a variety of products.

Can I place personal orders for products that are out of stock?

No, personal orders can only be placed for products that are currently in stock. This ensures that customers receive their orders in a timely manner and prevents backorders.

Can I use my consultant discount when placing personal orders?

Yes, you can use your consultant discount when placing personal orders. However, the discount will only apply to the first 3 personal orders per month, with a maximum discount of 30% off the retail price.

Is there a time limit for placing personal orders?

Yes, personal orders must be placed within 30 days of the event or party where you received the order. This ensures that you are able to receive the products in a timely manner and that the order can be properly tracked.

Can I cancel or change a personal order after it has been placed?

No, once a personal order has been placed, it cannot be cancelled or changed. This includes adding or removing items, changing the shipping address, or cancelling the order altogether. Please make sure to review your order carefully before submitting it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• K.Shaffer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • cookalison