• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I adjust cooking times with a pizza stone for the perfect crust?

In summary, a pizza stone is a cooking stone made of natural materials that is used to bake pizzas in the oven. To use it, preheat the stone in the oven and then transfer the pizza onto it. You can also put a frozen pizza on a pizza stone, but make sure to preheat the stone first. To clean, wipe off any excess food or debris with a damp cloth and avoid using soap. A pizza stone can also be used on the grill, but make sure to preheat it and keep the lid closed while cooking.
monicaD
Hello,

I was asked about cooking times with the pizza stone. I have searched some answers on here but am a bit more confused. Should the time/temp be adjusted according to crust? If so, what are the recommendations? Thank you in advance :)

Monica

This may sound funny but I do not think there is a "time table". I use mine all the time and go by sight. If the pizza looks done, and I use 350 to 450, its done depending on package directions. You will most like need to add several minutes. Homemade crust is a 350. I bake it about 5 minutes before putting toppings on.
450 degrees is the max on stoneware. "Do not place dense, frozen food items (chicken breasts, pot pies, roasts or chops) on Stoneware. Always thaw dense, frozen food in refrigerator prior to baking.: I think at one time this also meant not to do rising crust pizza. There is something odd about the way it heats up that can crack the stone. Never tried it so I do not know if that holds true any more. I do know you can not cook something wrapped in foil on the stone. The foil cools too quickly when removed from the oven and shocks the stone. Any of the PC recipes of course tell you the times. I found that baking cookies, rolls or breads, you just add a few more minutes to the recommended bake times. HTH!

I add 5-10 minutes to the baking time and go by smell and looks (if you can smell it and it looks good, it's probably ready even if the timer has time on it) Also, I don't bother the preheat my oven, the biggest reason I add the time.

1. What is a pizza stone?

A pizza stone is a type of cooking stone that is used to bake pizzas in the oven. It is typically made of natural materials, such as clay or stone, and is designed to absorb and distribute heat evenly to create a crispy crust.

2. How do I use a pizza stone?

To use a pizza stone, place it in the oven while the oven is preheating. Once the oven has reached the desired temperature, carefully transfer the pizza onto the stone using a pizza peel or a flat baking sheet. Allow the pizza to cook on the stone for the recommended amount of time, typically 10-12 minutes.

3. Can I put a frozen pizza on a pizza stone?

Yes, you can put a frozen pizza on a pizza stone. However, it is important to preheat the stone in the oven before placing the frozen pizza on it. This will ensure that the pizza cooks evenly and has a crispy crust.

4. How do I clean a pizza stone?

To clean a pizza stone, allow it to cool completely before removing it from the oven. Use a damp cloth or sponge to gently wipe off any excess food or debris. Do not use soap or detergent, as this can be absorbed into the stone and affect the taste of future pizzas.

5. Can I use a pizza stone on the grill?

Yes, you can use a pizza stone on the grill. Make sure to preheat the stone on the grill before placing the pizza on it. Keep the grill lid closed while cooking to maintain the heat and ensure that the pizza cooks evenly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • slapsappyhappy
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kdangel518