1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Pineapple Salsa

1. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

Has anyone bypassed the Core & More & Sankoku Knife in this recipe and used the Salad Chopper? Remember the past version of salsa we had using the Salad Chopper for guests to make salsa?

Mar 11, 2009
  2. straitfan

straitfan Veteran Member Gold Member

Yep! Worked perfectly! I did the "sturdier" ingredients first, then added the pineapple and lastly the tomatoes. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Mar 11, 2009
  3. Cindycooks

Cindycooks Veteran Member Silver Member

I love the pineapple salsa!

Mar 11, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Yep, I used the chopper. Worked like a charm.

I like the salsa okay, but I'm not sure I'd do it for a show around here. I think you need to be someone who likes the sweet/spicy of a fruit salsa to really enjoy it. That isn't necessarily a huge percentage of the people I'm meeting right now.

Mar 11, 2009
  5. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I loved this recipe - but it didn't have any kick to me, maybe that's because I took ALL of the jalapeno seeds out. I just served it with the Tostitos "hint of lime" chips (didn't have the time to make the homemade ones) and it was a big hit!!! I don't have the salad choppers, but I bet they do work well. I would think you could use the food chopper too.

Mar 12, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

We are making DCB Fajitas and Pineapple Salsa at my Man Show on Saturday!

I gave the host the option of the "salad chopper" salsa, or the Pineapple Salsa - and he chose the pineapple. I think I'm going to use the tools as written though, because it's more tools in the hands of the men.

Mar 12, 2009
  7. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I think I might make this again this weekend, we have friends coming over to play cards. I love this recipe! When I did it, I didn't have the core n' more so i just cut the centers out while chopping them up. Otherwise I just used the santuko for everything.

Mar 12, 2009
  8. straitfan

My neighbor guy stopped by my open house (after his wife left!) and I couldn't keep him out of the pineapple salsa. He LOVED it. (and bought the pineapple wedger and salad choppers so I can show him how to make his own!)

Mar 12, 2009
  9. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

WOW, it must just be me, but I HATED this. And I SO wanted to love it.

I tried the day I made it and the next day to eat it and I thought it was terrible both times. It was all I could do to open the container a third time to throw it down the drain! :)

Mar 12, 2009
  10. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I have made it once using the salad choppers and love that, just didn't love the salsa... the onion taste was so strong, I'm not a huge onion fan but even the people that like onion didn't like it, so when I make it next time (and I will make it again) I will just totally leave out the onion, or possibly use a small sweet onion rather than the red onion. Then I think that it'll be great.

Mar 12, 2009
  11. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I don't eat onions, so I usually leave onions out of most recipes, but in things like this, I will add the onion, just not as much as the recipe calls for.

I made it with very little red onion. It tasted bad, so I thought that I did not add enough onion, so I added more and it was still awful!

Maybe it was the red onion! I had NEVER bought or had red onion prior to this recipe, so maybe that's what it was.

Mar 12, 2009
  12. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I loved this... I've had only good things said about it too. I had boughten a large red onion and used half of it for this, and the other half for a pico slaw I do. Red onions are very strong though, I do not enjoy cutting them up.

Mar 12, 2009
  13. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

If you rinse the onions after you chop them, the flavor will mellow out.

Mar 12, 2009
  14. straitfan

And you could use that little strainer that goes in the cutting board with meas. cups to rinse them.

I wasn't too impressed with this, until I used it for the red pepper for the quiche lorraine tartlet, that had to be rinsed and dried, and then all of a sudden I LOVED it! : )

Mar 12, 2009
  15. chefshawna

chefshawna Advanced Member Gold Member

I didn't think this sounded good at all until I tried it. I LOVED it!! I actually have been craving it lately! LOL

Mar 12, 2009
Have something to add?