• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Piggy" Promotion for Business Building

In summary, the Pig Promotion is an easy way to save for all those expenses while creating good business habits. You can do it on your own, or as a cluster activity. You can base it on a calendar year, or go from July to June (Conference year). Whatever works for you.
chefann
Gold Member
Hi, all!

I posted some of this information in the Lounge, but said I'd post it in here, too. So here it is, with some more details.

(I cannot take credit for this idea. My director got it from her Director, who got it from hers - Randy Weiss. I don't know where it originated, but it seems to work.)

The Pig Promotion
Everyone hates paying for conference all at once. There's already Conference Club to make paying registration easier. What if there was a similar program for all the other Conference expenses: hotel, travel, meals, etc.

The Pig Promotion is an easy way to save for all those expenses while creating good business habits. You can do it on your own, or as a cluster activity. You can base it on a calendar year, or go from July to June (Conference year). Whatever works for you.

In a nutshell, you use money in a piggy bank as a reward whenever you perform some specific activity that grows your business. Conduct a cooking show? That 25 cents. Close and submit any show? That's $1. Make 3 customer care calls? That's 30 cents (10 cents each).

If you do it as a cluster activity, then the Director in charge gives additional money in lieu of other recognition rewards at the cluster meeting. Top in sales for the month? $5!

The other rules are simple:
  • Be honest. No fair putting in money for phone messages instead of live calls
  • Once the money is in the pig, it's there until the end of the promo.

I no longer have the specifics that we used, but I recreated them, or something approximating them. Feel free to modify it to suit yourself or your cluster.

Attachments

• PiggyChallenge.doc
    32 KB · Views: 480
That's really cute, great idea. I think I may pass this on to my director! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you like it.

Obviously, if the amounts are a little steep (especially the Director-funded amounts), they can be modified.

The whole idea is to encourage positive habits. If you've got a competitive cluster, it's amazing how people fight for those monthly awards. And figure out which weighs more, $1 in dimes or a $1 coin. :)

You can pick up cute piggy banks at Wal-Mart for about a buck. And they hold a lot.

I love it, my team will be starting this in January! Thank you!... It's got the little bit of goofy they expect from me!

Thanks for this neat idea!!! Nothing like giving yourself the incentive (pay) to actually do what will benefit your business and help you have the extra cash for fun things at conference! Even though I'm not a director yet I think I may use this with my recruits as encouragement. (We live quite aways from the cluster) and I'll be moving the middle of Nov. So I'm trying to develop a Director mindset and try to make it happen.

This is a great idea! I'm going to share this info with my director! Or I may just challenge myself to save better!

Hi Ann,
Thanks to you, I gave this idea to my director and she is using it this year. Can you give me some ideas on how to keep track of putting the money in the piggy? I have a feeling that I'm going to have trouble remembering if I added money for each call, booking, show closing, etc.

We're looking forward to this system!

Rebecca - do it when you complete the activity and before you start anything else! If you have kids, have them help you keep track of it.

What a great idea. I presented this to my gils in our Girl Scout troop (and yes ladies...my daughter is selling cookies, and I will ship Anywhere!!!!) and this is how we are going to save our activity $$ for our BIG trip in 3 years! Thanks Ann!! :D

Chef Ann

What a cool incentive!!! I'm not sure I would be going to Conference this year, but its a great way to save a few extras dollars for something really special!
I don't think I would be using it for cluster meetings or with my director since I haven't heard from my director since hmmmm oooh I don't know maybe June last year!!!
But its a cool idea for me to use!
Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Oriental Trading Company has some really cute pigs you can paint. We decorated ours in November, then I sent them a ransome note in December that basically said, If you ever want to see your pig again come to our dinner get together. I will start paying the pigs for recognition tonight.

When we did it, I kept a sticky note on my desk and made notes on it for the day. Then at bedtime, I'd put the money in the pig. The most confusing part is the "pay yourself" categories. The director-funded items are easily found on their reports (number of shows, etc.), if you do that part.We had clear plastic pigs that my dir. got from Wally World. We had to decorate them to reflect our style. I just covered mine with stickers. It looked like an old suitcase with the travel labels all over it. :)

Tonight I went to Staples for some more stationary supplies and binders and I also went to Michaels to see if I could find some little piggy bank... I didn't want to venture much further around town as the streets are really greasy and slippery with all the snow we got today. It is still snowing.. its suppose to change to freezing rain overnight... lucky us

ANYWAY, so I didn't get a piggy bank but I DID find a really cut tin at Michaels with a cute coffee pot on it and CAFE on the words. I am going to use this as my piggy bank. I won't count it until Dec. 31st. It will be interesting to see how I do between now and then. My little tin looks really cute here on my desk shelf!! Now to get crackin' at filling my little CAFE bank!!

Thanks again for sharing this Piggy Challenge!

Cheers

Our cluster started the "Hog Wild" incentive last January for NC. It was really fun.

Our Director had her children make little 4" lin fired pigs at her ceramics class and gave the to us to decorate any way we wanted - what a riot!!

We had competitions similar to the ones Ann has mentioned.

The first moth we discussed what the rules were, how to earn $$ and who was going to do it.

February we had a "Name your Pig" competition - cluster voted - the winner "CHEFFERY". $5.00 prize from Director.

March we brought in our decorated piggys or photo emailed to director - cluster voted - how cute they all were... I'll try to find a pix of mine.$5.00 to winner.

April was first weigh-in. - ditto

May second weigh-in. - ditto

June was double quaters for sponsoring someone into the biz. - ditto

July was final weigh-in. - ditto

If you were registered to go to NC and you did attend, you received an addtl. $5.00....

For every quater you put into your piggy, our director matched it for conference!!! So I took an addtl. $42.00 to NC with me and spent it on Surprise Boxes!!!

We had a tracking sheet that made it very simple. It really was fun and most of us took our piggy to market (NC) with us...I even bought a fancy hat box to transport Phoebe Consuelo in :D

Give it a go - it was fun!!!

Gina - how much did you end up saving?

What is the "Piggy" Promotion for Business Building?

The "Piggy" Promotion for Business Building is a special incentive program offered by Pampered Chef to help consultants grow their business. It involves earning virtual "piggies" for completing specific tasks and challenges, which can then be redeemed for rewards.

How do I earn "piggies" in this promotion?

There are several ways to earn "piggies" in the "Piggy" Promotion for Business Building. These include: booking and holding parties, sponsoring new team members, making sales, and participating in training and development activities. Each task has a specific number of "piggies" that can be earned.

What rewards can I redeem my "piggies" for?

There are a variety of rewards that can be redeemed with the "piggies" earned in the promotion. These include free products, business supplies, and even trips and experiences. The rewards are updated regularly and can be viewed on the Pampered Chef website.

Can I participate in the "Piggy" Promotion for Business Building if I am a new consultant?

Yes, all consultants, regardless of their level or tenure, can participate in the "Piggy" Promotion for Business Building. It is a great way for new consultants to jumpstart their business and for experienced consultants to continue growing their business.

How long does the "Piggy" Promotion for Business Building last?

The duration of the promotion may vary, but it typically runs for a few months at a time. Consultants can track their progress and "piggies" earned through their personal back office on the Pampered Chef website. Be sure to check the website regularly for updates and new challenges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • MORFIA