• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pieces of the Puzzle: Buying Sets vs. Individual Pieces

In summary, the pieces in the sets are not available individually. The new piece of cookware is expected to be released in a next season.
4kids4me
Is it my imagination, or are the pieces in the sets not available individually?

You are correct. The pieces that are in the sets are not available individually (except for the 8" Saute pan).

Oh brother, I wonder why? Force us into the sets? Ugh! Maybe they'll add that new 12qt to one of the sets next seasons??!?!!

I'm kinda excited to see what the new piece of cookware will be. Anyone have any ideas?

pcchris said:
I'm kinda excited to see what the new piece of cookware will be. Anyone have any ideas?
I hope a steamer insert for Exec or a double boiler

pamperedlinda said:
I hope a steamer insert for Exec or a double boiler

I'm hoping for the steamer insert.

Do they add new cookware each season?

It depends. Sometimes there's no need for a new piece, and sometimes there's something that's hot in the cooking world (no pun intended) and they add it - like the grill pan or grill press.

I don't get big deal with the grill press other than the lines it makes. Anyone have some input on that?

The grill press holds the food down onto the grill pan so there's more contact. The weight also compresses the sandwiches (or whatever), making them a more cohesive unit, rather than something that's just stuff layered together.

4kids4me said:
I don't get big deal with the grill press other than the lines it makes. Anyone have some input on that?
I'm with you there. People at conference went NUTS over it!

I use my grill press & pan at least 4 times a week. Tonight we grilled Turkey Brats on our outdoor grill. I grilled peppers and onions in the grill pan with the press. The press weighted them down and they had great grill marks and were wonderfully caramelized. I used my grill pan & press a couple of days ago to do chicken, corn & black bean quesadillas - and I did jerk chicken breasts in it this past weekend....I love that I get such great grill marks......I'm easily amused I guess!

I used to not see the point of the grill press... now I LOVE it! It keeps you from having to push down on things like burgers and chicken to keep them from curling up and getting out of contact with the pan... helps keep cooking even... and you can control the heat, UNLIKE a certain electric grill!

chefmelody said:
I used to not see the point of the grill press... now I LOVE it! It keeps you from having to push down on things like burgers and chicken to keep them from curling up and getting out of contact with the pan... helps keep cooking even... and you can control the heat, UNLIKE a certain electric grill!
but in theory could you use the grill press with a regular skillet, if you're not pressed about the grill marks (no pun intended, haha)?

4kids4me said:
but in theory could you use the grill press with a regular skillet, if you're not pressed about the grill marks (no pun intended, haha)?

You would have to be careful.....for instance, the grill press doesn't fit in the 12 inch family skillet.....(think Square peg in round hole)....but if you were using it on a flat surface - like the griddle, I'm sure you can! It works great also for bacon. Usually I do my bacon in the oven, but if I just need to do a few slices for a recipe, I throw them in the grill pan and put the press on top....cuts way down on the splatter, and keeps the bacon straight and flat (which is actually how they do it in restaurants - they have a press that goes over the bacon in the grill)

Hm, I really appreciate your input. Lots to ponder now! I was going to get knives next, but I may get the grill pan/press instead. :) Thanks!

Can you use the grill press on an outdoor grill??

Can anyone answer this for me....can you use the grill press with an outdoor grill? I have a customer who wants 2 of them to use with his grill. I'm in my 2nd month and not very familiar with this product. Thanks!

i had this same question last night! i went onto the pc website and looked it up. no you can not. it has something to do with the enamal that is one it... :eek:( sorry~!

Well duh! Didn't even think of checking the website. Thanks for the info!!

Why would you think of checking the website when you have us?

raebates said:

I was just thinking that. LOL.

raebates said:

Good point! LOL :D :D :D

Related to Pieces of the Puzzle: Buying Sets vs. Individual Pieces

1. What are the benefits of buying a set instead of individual pieces from "Pieces of the Puzzle" collection?

Buying a set from "Pieces of the Puzzle" collection allows you to have a coordinated and cohesive look in your kitchen. It also saves you time and money as sets are often offered at a discounted price compared to buying individual pieces.

2. Can I mix and match pieces from different sets within the "Pieces of the Puzzle" collection?

Yes, you can mix and match pieces from different sets within the "Pieces of the Puzzle" collection. This allows you to customize your collection according to your specific needs and preferences.

3. Are the individual pieces from "Pieces of the Puzzle" collection the same quality as the ones in the sets?

Yes, all pieces in the "Pieces of the Puzzle" collection are made with the same high-quality materials and standards. Whether you choose to buy a set or individual pieces, you can be assured of the same quality.

4. Do sets from "Pieces of the Puzzle" collection come with a warranty?

Yes, all sets from "Pieces of the Puzzle" collection come with a limited lifetime warranty. This means that if there are any defects in materials or workmanship, we will replace the item free of charge.

5. Can I add pieces to a set from "Pieces of the Puzzle" collection that I already own?

Yes, you can add individual pieces to a set from "Pieces of the Puzzle" collection that you already own. This allows you to expand your collection and have more versatility in your kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • c00p