• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Picture of a Braid Recipe or Breakfast Idea

In summary, Kristen has some friends coming over for brunch and she's looking for recipes. She has the Monte Cristo Casserole from the Stoneware Sensations cookbook, but is looking for a recipe for the Ham & Egg Braid or another quick and easy dish. She also doesn't have any cookbooks and would love to be able to scan the directions for the Ham & Egg Braid.
Kristen
Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures of a braid recipe? I have some friends gathering at my house for breakfast next Saturday before a day of wine-tasting (yum!) and I thought I'd make a PC recipe to wow them all. ;)

I really want to make the Ham & Egg Braid, but the directions are a bit confusing and I'm not sure how it's supposed to look. :confused:

Or...can anyone think of something yummy I can make in the rectangular baker that is quick and easy? Ideally I'd like to prepare it the night before and just stick it in the oven in the morning.

Thanks!

:) Hi Kristen! Do you have the stoneware bar pan? If so, I highly suggest making the Ham & Cheese Omelet Roll! It is SO good and you can add or delete any veggies you want! Another great thing about this recipe is that it goes a long way since it's A LOT of egg and veggies.

As for the Braid, do you have the All the Best cookbook? If so, it is in there and it's very easy to follow. If you don't let me know, I will see if I can scan the directions for you and upload it!

Attachments

• Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 424
Ooh, that does sound quite yummy! I may have to try that.

I just signed about a week ago, so unfortunately I don't have any cookbooks other than the last few Seasons Best. I bought the Stoneware Sensations last year and can't find it anywhere. :(

Anyway...that would be great if you could scan the directions/photo for me! I think I have the actual recipe in a Seasons Best (plus I think it's here on the website). Thank you!!

Hi Kristen!
A good brunch-type recipe that's really yummy and uses the rectangular baker is the Monte Cristo Casserole. It's good! It was from the fall/winter 2003 SBRC. Here's the recipe:

The Pampered Chef ®
Monte Cristo Casserole
Recipe

1 cup milk
6 eggs
2 packages (12.5 ounces each) frozen plain French toast, thawed
4 ounces deli baked ham, diced (about 1 cup)
4 ounces deli roast turkey, diced (about 1 cup)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
Powdered sugar
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping

Preheat oven to 375°F. Pour milk into Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until hot. Whisk eggs in Small Batter Bowl; add milk, whisking until blended. Cut French toast into 3/4-inch cubes; place in large Colander Bowl. Pour egg mixture over French toast cubes; mix gently using Mix 'N Scraper® and set aside.

Dice ham and turkey using Chef's Knife. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Combine ham, turkey, cheese and parsley in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Spoon half of the French toast mixture evenly over bottom of Rectangular Baker. Top with meat and cheese mixture; spoon remaining French toast mixture over top.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until light golden brown and set in center. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker.

Slice strawberries using Egg Slicer Plus®. Combine strawberries with ice cream topping in small Colander Bowl; mix gently. Cut casserole into squares; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula. Top each serving with strawberry mixture.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 160 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 15 g, Sodium 670 mg, Fiber 2 g

Shopping List
1 cup milk
6 eggs
2 packages (12.5 ounces each) frozen plain French toast, thawed
4 ounces deli baked ham
4 ounces deli roast turkey
1 4-ounce block Swiss cheese
1 small bunch fresh parsley
Powdered sugar
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping

That's just another option. :)

Hi there!

I have attached a picture of the Ham & Egg Braid that I made with my PC rectangular baker. It turned out delicious and was a hit at my breakfast gathering. As for something quick and easy to make the night before, I highly recommend the Overnight French Toast Casserole. It's super easy to prepare and all you have to do is pop it in the oven in the morning. I've also attached a picture of that dish for you to see. Let me know if you have any other questions or need any other recipe suggestions. Happy cooking! :)

Best,

1. What is a "picture of a braid" recipe or breakfast idea?

A "picture of a braid" recipe or breakfast idea is a visually appealing way to present a dish, typically a pastry or bread, that is braided or woven together. It is a popular and fun way to make breakfast or brunch dishes more interesting and attractive.

2. Can I use any type of dough for a braided recipe or breakfast idea?

Yes, you can use any type of dough for a braided recipe or breakfast idea, such as pizza dough, puff pastry, or even bread dough. Just make sure it is pliable enough to be braided and can hold its shape when baked.

3. How do I braid the dough for a picture of a braid recipe or breakfast idea?

To braid the dough, start by rolling it out into a long, thin rectangle. Then, cut slits on both sides of the dough, leaving a solid strip in the middle. Take the dough strips and cross them over each other, alternating from side to side, until you reach the end. Tuck the ends under to seal the braid.

4. What fillings can I use for a picture of a braid recipe or breakfast idea?

You can use a variety of fillings for a picture of a braid recipe or breakfast idea, such as fruit preserves, chocolate, cheese, or even savory fillings like ham and cheese. Be creative and use your favorite flavors to make a delicious braided dish.

5. How should I bake a picture of a braid recipe or breakfast idea?

The baking time and temperature will depend on the type of dough and filling used. Generally, you will want to preheat your oven to 375°F and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and the filling is heated through. It's always a good idea to check the recipe for specific instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • jewls243
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • ChefPaulaB