• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Ham Ring/Braid Recipe

In summary, these recipes all feature a crescent roll ring filled with a mixture of ham, cheese, and vegetables. The first recipe includes broccoli and Swiss cheese, while the second features spinach and tomatoes. The third recipe includes cream cheese and eggs, and the final recipe includes spinach, onion, and carrots. All recipes are baked until golden brown and can be served as a brunch or dinner dish.
nicki25
Silver Member
I have a hostess that is having a show on Monday night. She wants to make the ring or braid with the ham in it she said. She thinks it has ham, cream cheese, green onions in it. Anyone, have any ideas?????

Broccoli Ham Ring?4 oz. ham, chopped
4 oz. fresh broccoli, chopped
1/4 C. onion, chopped
1/2 C. fresh parsley, chopped
1 C. grated Swiss cheese (about 170g/6 oz.)
2 T. Dijon-style mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 pkg. (226g/8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rollsPreheat oven 350ºF.Coarsely chop ham, broccoli and onion. Add parsley, cheese, mustard and lemon juice to ham mixture; mix well. Unroll crescent dough separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13 round baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center of Stone.)Scoop ham mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown

Jennifer, thanks so much. I appreciate it!!!

I posted just this week that if you don't have Dijon mustard handy, Honey Dijon salad dressing tastes great in it! I ended up making 2 of this this past week!!!! (At home...)

thanks for the info. I will pass that onto the host.

Here are a few moreHam Florentine Wreath
(Celebrate! Cookbook, pg 62)

2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 ½ cups (8 ounces) diced cooked ham
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
¼ cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 ¼ cups (5 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
¼ cup sliced natural almonds, chopped

Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. With wide ends of triangles toward the center, arrange 8 triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone. Corners of wide ends will touch and points will extend 1 inch beyond edge of baking stone. Arrange remaining 8 triangles in center, matching wide ends. Seal seams using Baker’s Roller. (Points will overlap in center; do not seal. For filling, combine spinach, ham and green onions in Classic Batter Bowl. Shred cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add 1 cup of the cheese, mayonnaise and black pepper to ham mixture; mix well. Using Large Scoop, scoop filling over seams of dough, forming a circle. Arrange tomatoes in an overlapping circular pattern over filling; top with remaining cheese. Beginning in center, lift one dough triangle across mixture. Continue alternating with outer triangles, slightly overlapping to form wreath. Tuck last end under first. Brush egg white over dough using Pastry Brush. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over wreath. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut and serve using Slice ‘N Serve. Makes 10 servings

Ham 'N Eggs Brunch Braid

4 oz cream cheese
2 Tbls sliced green onions with tops
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp butter or margarine
8 eggs, divided
2 (8 oz) pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 lb thinly sliced deli ham
Dash ground black pepper
2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped

Preheat oven to 375F. Place cream cheese and milk in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Separate 1 egg using Egg Separator; reserve egg white. Add the yolk and remaining 7 eggs, salt and black pepper to Batter Bowl; whisk to combine. Chop bell pepper using Food Chopper. Add bell pepper and onions to egg mixture. Melt butter in Generation II 10 inch Frying Pan over medium low heat. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set but still moist. Remove pan from heat. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest side of dough across width of Rectangle Baking Stone. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using Baker's Roller, roll dough to seal perforations. On longest sides of Baking Stone, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep using Paring Knife (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling). Arrange ham evenly over middle of dough. Spoon eggs over ham. Shred cheddar cheese over eggs using Deluxe Cheese Grater. To braid, lift strips of dough across filling to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Brush lightly beaten egg white over dough using Pastry Brush. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut into slices with Slice 'N Serve. Makes 10 servings.

Florentine Garden Ring

8 oz deli ham, coarsely chopped
1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
2 (8 oz) pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
2 plum tomatoes, sliced

Preheat oven to 375F. Chop ham and onion, and finely chop carrot using Food Chopper. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine ham, onion, carrot, olives, 1 1/4 cups of the cheese, spinach, mayonnaise and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles, slightly overlapping, in a circle on Large Round Stone with wide ends 4 inches from edge of baking stone. (Points will extend off the edge of the baking stone). Using Baker's Roller, roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 5-inch opening. Spoon spinach mixture evenly over dough in a continuous circle. Slice tomatoes using Utility Knife; arrange in an overlapping circular pattern over filling. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough at center to form a ring. (Filling will show). Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8 servings

Thanks! I think one of these will work I will let the host know.

Hi there! I have the perfect ham ring/braid recipe that I think your hostess and her guests will love! It has all the ingredients your hostess mentioned - ham, cream cheese, and green onions - and it's super easy to make. Here's the recipe:Ingredients:
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheeseInstructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Unroll the crescent rolls and separate them into triangles.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, ham, and green onions.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly onto the crescent roll triangles.
5. Roll up each triangle, starting from the wide end.
6. Arrange the rolls in a circle on a greased baking sheet, with the points facing outwards, to create a ring shape.
7. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the rolls.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!I hope this recipe is a hit at your hostess's show on Monday night. Let me know how it turns out! Happy cooking!

What ingredients do I need for a ham ring/braid?

The basic ingredients for a ham ring/braid include ham, cheese, bread dough, and any additional fillings or toppings you desire. You may also need some butter or oil for greasing the baking pan.

Can I use any type of ham for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of ham for this recipe, such as sliced deli ham, cooked ham, or even leftover ham from a holiday meal. You can also substitute the ham with other meats, such as turkey or chicken.

How do I shape the ham ring/braid?

To shape the ham ring, simply place the ham and cheese filling onto a rolled-out sheet of bread dough, leaving a border around the edges. Then, fold the edges of the dough over the filling and tuck them under to seal. For a braid, you will need to cut the dough into strips, place the filling in the center, and then criss-cross the strips over the filling to create a braided look.

How long should I bake the ham ring/braid?

The baking time can vary depending on the size and thickness of your ham ring/braid, but it typically takes about 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to check for doneness by tapping the bread and ensuring it sounds hollow.

Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the ham ring/braid ahead of time and refrigerate it before baking. This can be a great time-saving option for busy weeknights or for meal prepping. Just make sure to cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent the bread dough from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyCooks
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KellyCooks
  • ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies