• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup.

In summary, Janet has been hit with a lot of stress this past week, and is looking forward to taking a break at lunch.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
For those who know me (which you guys have just met the online me)...I am VERY self-sufficient, very active and very low maintenance (as in I am proud of the fact that I don't get the usual "mood swings" we get as women.)

However, I realized a few hours ago that I am spent this week!!!! I normally don't need an emotional pick-up EVER, but this time I do!

I had a VERY rough day at work Friday - some changes to peoples' responsibilities that impact my taking care of our warehouse as an engineer. A person was put in as a liasion to an outside company on our conveyor systems that has no mechanical/electrical/conveyor knowledge and is known for miscommunication, etc. I was pretty upset that I will have to "babysit" that aspect now when I could do it myself without a problem. I went from that straight to a funeral for a coworker who died of a heartattack Tues. a.m. at age 64...not old, but not young either. If she didn't have the day off, it would have happened at work. I just got done teaching CPR/First Aid to 7 people in our company the Thurs/Fri before and it would have been very hard to debrief from that if it happened at work. She was a sweet lady and worked for me for a year in 2002.

Already being emotionally drained, the weekend was non-stop. Yesterday, I went straight from work all day to the Fire Dept. to church to set up hardware/software for our AWANA Grand Prix...got home at 10 p.m. only to wake up at 11:30 with a 3-year-old vomiting which kept me up all night except about 2-3 hours. Then today was work, straight to church for the Grand Prix where I ran the race software for the first time without having a chance to explain to leaders/parents how it worked. The night was a blur. On the way home, I realized I'm spent. (Oh, and did I mention my catalog host for March cancelled Mon. night).

So, short story LONG - thanks for listening and a few prayers for the rest of my week would be WONDERFUL to wake up to. (Now that you know way more about my life than I usually share at once!)

On a good note, my daughter's car won 2nd place for speed - we just made it this W/E and are not car builders in our family...our first entry in the Grand Prix did well.

janetupnorth said:
On a good note, my daughter's car won 2nd place for speed - we just made it this W/E and are not car builders in our family...our first entry in the Grand Prix did well.

WAHOO!!!!!

Janet,Prayers ascending for an easier week....

Father God... bless this dear child of yours, give her heart calm, her body rest and rejuvenation and her spirit peace. She needs what only you can supply! Dearest Jesus, grant the comfort and unfailing love that only you can administer and bless this our dear sister! Amen

quiverfull7 said:
Father God... bless this dear child of yours, give her heart calm, her body rest and rejuvenation and her spirit peace. She needs what only you can supply! Dearest Jesus, grant the comfort and unfailing love that only you can administer and bless this our dear sister! Amen

Thanks so far guys - and this is a great note to go to bed on...catch you all tomorrow!

You are in my prayers, too, as I call it a day. Sounds like you've been hit
by a blizzard of sorts. May God bless you with a peaceful night, and that
you wake up refreshed.

I have felt like this too this past week....not very emotional otherwise. I will pray that as you start this morning, you will be relaxed and rested. Remember....this is a new day you have been given.....what will you do with it?
Have a great day!

I pray that your week turns around!

I also pray that your week gets better!!!:D

melissakc said:
I have felt like this too this past week....not very emotional otherwise. I will pray that as you start this morning, you will be relaxed and rested. Remember....this is a new day you have been given.....what will you do with it?
Have a great day!

Thanks Melissa - you too!!!!

I'm a little more rested, a little more relaxed - looking forward to leaving work for an hour at lunch to have lunch at my daughter's school with her! :)

I'm POSITIVE things will get better...as I posted in another thread for someone... "And it came to pass..." :)

Thanks guys for the little boost - hopefully it'll get even better as I catch up on sleep!

Glad you're feeling a bit better. I'm sending happy thoughts your way.

Ya'll have to know my humor by now... Here's my pick me up:

Prison vs. Work
Author Unknown
IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in an 8x10 cell.
AT WORK...you spend most of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.
IN PRISON...you get three meals a day.
AT WORK...you only get a break for one meal and you have to pay for it.

IN PRISON...you get time off for good behavior.
AT WORK...you get rewarded for good behavior with more work.

IN PRISON...a guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you.
AT WORK...you must carry around a security card and unlock and open all the doors yourself.

IN PRISON...you can watch TV and play games.
AT WORK...you get fired for watching TV and playing games.

IN PRISON...you get your own toilet.
AT WORK...you have to share.

IN PRISON...they allow your family and friends to visit.
AT WORK...you cannot even speak to your family and friends.

IN PRISON...all expenses are paid by taxpayers with no work required.
AT WORK...you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and then they deduct
taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.

IN PRISON...you spend most of your life looking through bars from the inside
wanting to get out.
AT WORK...you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside bars.

IN PRISON...there are wardens who are often sadistic.
AT WORK...they are called managers.

1. What is "Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup."?

"Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup." is a delicious and energizing breakfast blend from Pampered Chef. It is a combination of whole grains, nuts, and seeds that provide sustained energy throughout the morning.

2. Is "Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup." gluten-free?

Yes, "Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup." is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with gluten allergies or sensitivities.

3. How do I prepare "Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup."?

To prepare "Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup.", simply add 1/4 cup of the mix to 1/2 cup of boiling water. Stir, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Then, fluff with a fork and enjoy!

4. Can I customize "Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup." with my own ingredients?

Yes, "Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup." is a versatile mix that can be customized with your favorite ingredients such as dried fruits, chocolate chips, or honey.

5. Is "Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup." suitable for vegetarians or vegans?

Yes, "Pick Me up Please - Hopefully by the Time I Wakeup." is suitable for both vegetarians and vegans as it does not contain any animal products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
BadGirl