• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pick-Me-Up for Those Who Need It Today!

In summary, Kris was thankful for all the wonderful people in her life and said that today was weird for her because of the weather. She said that she booked another show for March and that she is surprised by the weather.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Well, I was having a pretty crappy day to start but then got over it...and then read that JilleySue was stressing a bit lately and had a lot to do and was not her bubbly self...

...happens at lot to people with all the bad weather and illnesses, etc.

I also really appreciated those who commented on my first show - gave me a boost...

So...starting this thread so we can give a "pick-me-up" to those who need it today!

Join in to encourage someone - or jot a note if you need a little encouragement yourself!

janetupnorth said:
Well, I was having a pretty crappy day to start but then got over it...and then read that JilleySue was stressing a bit lately and had a lot to do and was not her bubbly self...

...happens at lot to people with all the bad weather and illnesses, etc.

I also really appreciated those who commented on my first show - gave me a boost...

So...starting this thread so we can give a "pick-me-up" to those who need it today!

Join in to encourage someone - or jot a note if you need a little encouragement yourself!
What a Great Idea! First off it's Friday Yeah!!!! The beginning of a New Month so we can ALL start Over Today. It's Sunny in California so I send warm wishes to all of you that are "chillin" in the snow. Have a Super Month:D

I was thanking God today for all the wonderful people he has put in my life.
My director/friend actually did my show for me last night b/c of my son's arrival home two days early. She works really hard and has a family, but when she found out I needed help she jumped right in there, like she always does. I have my two sons who have become men that their dad and I are proud of. Of course I have my dh who works so hard through good and bad weather, he gets the load there safe. He's da man! And he's so good to me!

Think of those little blessings that we take for granted.

Kris

ihavethetools said:
I was thanking God today for all the wonderful people he has put in my life.
My director/friend actually did my show for me last night b/c of my son's arrival home two days early. She works really hard and has a family, but when she found out I needed help she jumped right in there, like she always does. I have my two sons who have become men that their dad and I are proud of. Of course I have my dh who works so hard through good and bad weather, he gets the load there safe. He's da man! And he's so good to me!

Think of those little blessings that we take for granted.

Kris
Beautifully stated.
It is so important for us to realize the many blessings that we have in our daily lives. I have been blessed with four great kids who make me smile daily:D my youngest just brought me home made apple pie she baked with her friend (hot out of the oven) all the while wanting my seal of approval of its taste. It WAS delicious of course.:D

My husband is extremely caring and thoughtful. He remembers the little things for me and compliments me. He is a hard working man who outs his family first. I am so proud of him and as cheesy as it sounds, he makes me want to improve on myself as well. He is just so ambitious and strong and willing to take risks if the outcome will benefit his family. I am extrememly thankful for him.

I also have 2 of the cutest and sweetest children around who always have hugs and kisses for me when I am feeling crappy.

It's Sunny in California so I send warm wishes to all of you that are "chillin" in the snow.
I have to say today was wierd for me. It snowed here on Tuesday & Wednesday, & today it's mid 60's feeling like spring is here. I just don't understand this weather. What is with it? I think I booked another show for March, just ask!!!!

pamperedalf said:
I have to say today was wierd for me. It snowed here on Tuesday & Wednesday, & today it's mid 60's feeling like spring is here. I just don't understand this weather. What is with it? I think I booked another show for March, just ask!!!!
My March is empty boo hoo but I already have April yeah. I will be on the phone in the a.m.

For everyone: If you are able to get out of bed today and do what needs to be done (no matter how pleasant or unpleasant), you are blessed. The sun is shining (even if it's obscured by clouds in your area). The new sales season has begun!For me: Received an out-of-the-blue online order for $80 today! My $500 catty show turned into an $884 show!!!! (Love that host!)

ok, I have to jump in on this thread! With everything going on with my daughter and her hiccups.....every day lately is a stressful day! We are in the midst of many dr appts, and I have spent more time driving back and forth to the Med Center than I have been working my job or my business....and my March is empty because of that.....but oh well....priorities, priorities! :)

Despite all of the stress and worry about Emily, we choose to find blessings every day with the situation. We have tremendous support around us, and lots of PC consultants across the country praying for her! In fact, another group that I am on sent her a cute Chef Bear. And one of the biggest blessings is Emily herself with her determined attitude to not let these hiccups miss a beat in her life...she plays field hockey, is gearing up for softball, goes to school every day, has great teachers supporting her who amazing teach right through all the screeching - yes, not just hiccups but hours and hours of screeching -

There are many blessings to be found when you just open your eyes and look around. This is your day....make it a good one!

Melinda

Oh my garsh Melinda! You're THE mom of THE girl with the hiccups???!!!!!
How cool is that! : )
I'm sorry your daughter is going through that, it must be making her crazy!

I love this thread.
Makes me want to get to work on my goals and keep them in front of me, even if I feel like I get off track (too often).

Kris

CAmomCookin4U said:
My March is empty boo hoo but I already have April yeah. I will be on the phone in the a.m.

...hope you get some bookings! :)

melindag said:
ok, I have to jump in on this thread! With everything going on with my daughter and her hiccups.....every day lately is a stressful day! We are in the midst of many dr appts, and I have spent more time driving back and forth to the Med Center than I have been working my job or my business....and my March is empty because of that.....but oh well....priorities, priorities! :)

Despite all of the stress and worry about Emily, we choose to find blessings every day with the situation. We have tremendous support around us, and lots of PC consultants across the country praying for her! In fact, another group that I am on sent her a cute Chef Bear. And one of the biggest blessings is Emily herself with her determined attitude to not let these hiccups miss a beat in her life...she plays field hockey, is gearing up for softball, goes to school every day, has great teachers supporting her who amazing teach right through all the screeching - yes, not just hiccups but hours and hours of screeching -

There are many blessings to be found when you just open your eyes and look around. This is your day....make it a good one!

Melinda

Was she the one on the Today Show? I heard the hiccups themselves stopped...

How is she doing? What kind of reaction is the screeching (curious medically) - is it the same muscle reaction for her as the hiccups that you don't know the cause?

...and ADD another person praying that she'll get better and you guys can handle all the doctors visits, etc.

Thank you for your wonderful outlook and care for your daughter, have a great day!

ihavethetools said:
I love this thread.
Makes me want to get to work on my goals and keep them in front of me, even if I feel like I get off track (too often).

Kris

Thank you Kris - like I said at the start, I was having a bad day at my FT yesterday - some changes that weren't wise decisions that would cause me lots of headaches in the future - they put someone in charge of dealing with an outside company on our conveyor system in the warehouse that knows NOTHING about the system when many of us do (but without talking to us they assumed we were too busy to do it). It riled many up, including myself because it was insulting and will be rough, but when I found out the person didn't want the position, I made a conscious decision to go to him, tell him what resources he had in the rest of us, and to come to me when he needed help and I'd start to teach him the mechanics of conveyors so he could be a proper liaison to the company.

Then at 4:00 p.m. I was sitting at the funeral of a coworker who had died Tuesday a.m. unexpectedly of a heart attack. She had the day off because she had worked Sunday...otherwise, she would have dropped at work and myself and others I just taught CPR to Thurs/Fri would have had to care for her - no one needed that - thankfully God took her on her day off!

After all that, I figured there were many more who had just as bad days if not worse. I pulled myself out, but they may need a pick-me-up and the enthusiasm on this forum is contagious so I'd try to start it going for those people.

So, SHORT story LONG. :) I'm glad some of you like this thread! :)

...hope you're having a wonderful morning!!!!!
I'm going to go cross-country skiing with my little ones later this morning and enjoy them!

Well, we received an unexpected 8 inches of snow last night, with 4 more coming today! I'm sitting at my kitchen table holding my 2 yr old who wants to cuddle and "Help mommy with the pamper sef", and watching my DH snow blow the driveway, so that he can go to work and do the same thing all over again there! I'm thankful for a warm house, a husband who is loving, responsible, hard working, and a wonderful daddy. I'm thankful that we are all healthy (finally!) and that my son is happy and singing. I'm thankful that we have a sitter for the evening, so that we can have a DATE NIGHT! I'm thankful that I am on track for the level 2 cruise!:D I'm thankful for this site - with so many other people who understand my excitement over the successes in my business, and also understand the disappointments too.......
Now, I'm going to make Hodge-Podge Soup for my DH - because it's a Soup day for sure!
Thanks for this Thread Janet!

janetupnorth said:
Was she the one on the Today Show? I heard the hiccups themselves stopped...

How is she doing? What kind of reaction is the screeching (curious medically) - is it the same muscle reaction for her as the hiccups that you don't know the cause?

...and ADD another person praying that she'll get better and you guys can handle all the doctors visits, etc.

Thank you for your wonderful outlook and care for your daughter, have a great day!

No, my daughter is NOT the girl who has been getting all the media attenion. That girl is from FL. I've seen her on all the network news channels. Apparently hers have stopped now, and they're saying that it was a combination of acupuncture, chiropractor and some kind of hic-cup (cup thing). They're saying she's cured....I would say, they should just take it one day at a time. My daugther has had a span of 2 1/2 days (back in January) of being hiccup free, but then they came back. Today, so far she has been hiccup free.....we tend to just appreciate the break, but have learned the hard way, to not mistake it as being over.

Her screeching sounds and the hiccup sounds look like they come from the same muscle area - her body actions are the same. we are in the very slow process of eliminating areas of concern. We breath a sigh of relief every time a test comes back clear, but then in the next breath are anxious because that test came back clear!

One day at a time......

Melinda

Melinda - praying for you and your daughter...all you can do is one day at a time and celebrate the small breaks. I'm glad she seems to be a strong girl and fighting to continue on with all the activities she loves. I hope they find the cause!

ihavethetools said:
Oh my garsh Melinda! You're THE mom of THE girl with the hiccups???!!!!!
How cool is that! : )
I'm sorry your daughter is going through that, it must be making her crazy!

I love this thread.

Kris

sorry....I'm not the mom of the girl who has been on the news.....she's from FL. We're in PA.

Melinda

Hope they go away for good this time.

I'm blessed and counting our lucky stars that we were not affected by the string of storms that came through GA. Some of my friends were affected, but thankfully, we were not. The town I went to college in was demolished. I saw the pictures, and it brought back so many memories. I'm hoping that SPRING is finally on it's way. We shall see!

spoiledchef said:
I'm blessed and counting our lucky stars that we were not affected by the string of storms that came through GA. Some of my friends were affected, but thankfully, we were not. The town I went to college in was demolished. I saw the pictures, and it brought back so many memories. I'm hoping that SPRING is finally on it's way. We shall see!

I saw the school where 8 kids died on the news last night...and the bus that went off the highway and dropped down. Both sad...

Thankful to be home safely with my kids - we just were outside cross-country skiing together! So much fun - especially watching the 3 year old ski! :)

Yes, the bus crash was about 2 hours north of us.

Glad you had fun skiing and got home safe! I've NEVER been snow skiing...afraid I'd break every bone in my body!

Awesome thread!

I'm so grateful for 3 healthy, happy children! Grateful for a safe home to live in, with plenty of food and sharing. I had two show cancellations this weekend, but I'm so grateful to spend an entire weekend with my kids, not on any schedule at all! We worked on the tree house, started putting up the basketball hoop, did the Home Depot kids' clinic, and vegged out! And my other business had a huge night last night!! $$$$Cha-Ching!!$$$$
Only one booking date left in March, only 3 left in April, then off to ATLANTIS!!!!
I'm finally getting other business dilemma's squared away- that means more sleep, less worry!
Spring is almost here, too- I can feel it!

Paige Dixon said:
Awesome thread!

I'm so grateful for 3 healthy, happy children! Grateful for a safe home to live in, with plenty of food and sharing. I had two show cancellations this weekend, but I'm so grateful to spend an entire weekend with my kids, not on any schedule at all! We worked on the tree house, started putting up the basketball hoop, did the Home Depot kids' clinic, and vegged out! And my other business had a huge night last night!! $$$$Cha-Ching!!$$$$
Only one booking date left in March, only 3 left in April, then off to ATLANTIS!!!!
I'm finally getting other business dilemma's squared away- that means more sleep, less worry!
Spring is almost here, too- I can feel it!

Sorry to hear about your cancellations, but I'm sure your kids LOVED all the stuff you did! :)

Have a great end to a great weekend with them!

spoiledchef said:
Yes, the bus crash was about 2 hours north of us.

Glad you had fun skiing and got home safe! I've NEVER been snow skiing...afraid I'd break every bone in my body!

We were just outside at our house - cross country skiing is pretty safe! :) ...for most...

Downhill...well, let's say I'd probably break my first bone or two trying that lately! :)

Melinda,
Glad she liked the bear!! Your whole family is in our prayers.
Hugs to both of you
Teresa

Related to Pick-Me-Up for Those Who Need It Today!

What is "Pick-Me-Up for Those Who Need It Today!"?

"Pick-Me-Up for Those Who Need It Today!" is a collection of products from Pampered Chef designed to bring a smile and lift the spirits of those in need. It includes a variety of comforting and uplifting items such as mugs, candles, and cozy blankets.

Who can benefit from "Pick-Me-Up for Those Who Need It Today!"?

This collection is perfect for anyone who is going through a tough time, feeling down, or in need of a little pick-me-up. It can also be a thoughtful gift for a friend or loved one who could use some extra love and support.

What types of products are included in "Pick-Me-Up for Those Who Need It Today!"?

The collection includes a range of products, from self-care items like bath bombs and face masks, to comforting items like cozy socks and hot cocoa mix. There are also inspirational items like journals and wall art to help uplift and motivate.

Can I customize the products in "Pick-Me-Up for Those Who Need It Today!"?

Unfortunately, the products in this collection cannot be customized. However, they have been thoughtfully selected to provide comfort and joy to anyone in need. You can also add a personal note or message to the recipient to make it even more special.

Is "Pick-Me-Up for Those Who Need It Today!" available for purchase?

Yes, all of the products in this collection are available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also purchase the entire collection as a bundle, or select specific items to create your own personalized pick-me-up package.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • pamperedgirl3