• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal What inspired Sammie's award-winning AWANA Grand Prix car?

In summary, Sammie came in 5th out of 24 in the AWANA Grand Prix. She got a 2nd place trophy for design. She was running the computer last night and didn't have a camera out, but here is her stuff the next day. Her grass in her car is starting to wilt after absorbing all the glue into the roots. Blessed Be Your Name by Matt Redman was sung and Sammie is very pleased to have a trophy.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
There's so much "junk" going on, I thought I'd share a bright moment...and hopefully the song will encourage some.

Last night was the AWANA Grand Prix. Sammie came in 5th out of 24 this year for speed, but got a 2nd place trophy for design.

I was running the computer last night for the race track so I didn't have a camera out, but here is her stuff the next day. Her grass in her car is starting to wilt today after absorbing all the glue into the roots! (We had to glue it in so it didn't come out during races.)

Sammie is very pleased to have a trophy!

Her car was named, "Blessed Be Your Name" after the song by Matt Redman.

All the words are below...her car is after the first verse. Around the grass it says, "In the land that is plentiful..."
By the river it says, "Where streams of abundance flow."
Sammie loves singing the chorus.

Blessed Be Your Name
by Matt Redman
- - -
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place

Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord

Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord

Still I will say

Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

Song can be listened to here: YouTube - Blessed be Your Name - Matt Redman

Here is Sammie's Car:

janetupnorth-albums-awana-grand-prix-2009-picture1273-car-trophy.jpg

janetupnorth-albums-awana-grand-prix-2009-picture1274-car-side.jpg

Janet, that is so cute and how cool! I love that song too.

Love Sammie - she is a most amazing child! Love the song - thanks for posting it this morning.

ChefBeckyD said:
Love Sammie - she is a most amazing child! Love the song - thanks for posting it this morning.

She teaches me a lot...let me tell you, it's not easy getting GRASS in a car!

However, she grew the cat grass over the last 2 weeks and I helped her transfer it and glue it down. It looked MUCH thicker and healthier last night. I suppose if I ate that much glue I'd be sick the next day too.

Then, I bought her a blue paint pen for the river...yeah, it was totally dry when I got it home! Luckily I found that bottle of glitter fabric paint Monday night and we got it to work. Phew...

On a side note, she is pretty good at praying for people so I'll add you and your mom to her list night. She has 3 major things right now to pray for then.

1. Our "home church's" pastor's brother - salvation.
2. A girl 2 years younger than her traveling with her dad to Europe next week - Mom is having a hard time staying with the other daughter and letting her "big girl go".
3. You and your mom.

I'll talk to her tonight and KNOW you'll get some extra prayer.

Janet, you have a very special little girl there. She obviously takes after her mom. Thanks for the song. I love that one. I get a good workout to it when we sing it during worship time at church. It makes me bounce. (I clearly spent too much time at concerts with my baby boy.)

1. What is "...My Little Girl Again..."?

...My Little Girl Again... is a Pampered Chef cookbook filled with delicious recipes that are perfect for cooking with your little girl. It's a great way to spend quality time together in the kitchen!

2. How many recipes are included in the cookbook?

There are over 50 recipes included in the cookbook, ranging from breakfast dishes to desserts.

3. Are the recipes kid-friendly?

Yes, all of the recipes in ...My Little Girl Again... are designed to be easy and fun for kids to make with their parents. Many of them also include step-by-step instructions and helpful tips for cooking with children.

4. Can I purchase the cookbook in stores or only through Pampered Chef?

The cookbook is available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website. It is not sold in stores.

5. Are there any special tools or equipment needed for the recipes?

Most of the recipes in ...My Little Girl Again... can be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, there are a few recipes that may require a specific Pampered Chef product, which will be listed in the ingredients list.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
pcchefjane