• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pick a Recipe for My Saturday Booth: Vote Now!

In summary, the postcard template in Pages does not allow for the margins to be adjusted to fit the cards properly. Amanda is struggling to format the postcards correctly.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am doing a booth this Saturday and was wanting to print out recipe cards to hand out with my info on them. I can't decide what recipe to do. What's your vote?! Should I pick one that has a photo to go along with it from CC or something?

this is the one that I hand out...

i can email you the one that i normally do. For some reason I can't upload it. also look under recipe card in the files section there are some good ones there.

It's apple season here in OH, as I'm sure it is in PA. Customers are always happy for apple ideas this time of year! SO, an apple crisp, apple pie, apple dip, something like that.

I only found one document in the files for recipe cards, and it was a recipe for people to make mixes in small batter bowls. While I do like that, I'm still not sure it's what I had in mind to hand out at the fair booth. Anyone else have a recipe formatted for printing into recipe cards?

just got it, Thanks Amy! :)

So I decided to take the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet recipe and try to make that into a recipe card. I figured the one side could be the recipe, and the other side have a picture of the recipe, the PC logo and my contact info. Here's the problem. I had such a hard time getting the 4 boxes to be equal. My margins weren't fitting right. I ended up getting everything to look good, except they aren't symmetrical. So when I print the back side, the boxes aren't lining up right for me to cut them out. Here's what I've got. Is there anyone here who knows how to format this better for me? I'm using a Mac, so I don't know if it's that's part of my problem. I'm still learning how to use the darn thing's version of Word and I'm also trying Mac's Pages program. I hope someone can help me, I'm at a loss here....I'm also hoping that when the pages program converts this to Word it looks like it did for me. :confused:

Attachments

• front of recipe card word format.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 323
  • back of recipe card word format.doc
    122.5 KB · Views: 350
bumping for the morning...

If you use the template for post cards that would work better, the squares are already formatted for you.

there's a template?!!!!! Where can I find it...thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :)

Okay, everyone. I need help. Paula was amazing and tried to help me. But so far we're stumped on how to get the postcard template for Word, and I found the postcard template in Pages, but it's not cooperating with me. I don't know how to copy what I put into one of the sections to paste into the others. Does that make sense? Is anyone on that can help me out? I really need to get these printed off ASAP, this is my critical thing for tomorrow's booth I'm doing. I don't have many old catalogs left and have some, but not much of the minis. I really wanted to do the recipe thing, and wanted to do a current recipe or a fall one, so that's why I chose this. But I'm struggling here...

I tired to do it for you. When you print though it's just one postcard not 4 to a page (which is what I'm used to). Maybe someone knows how to print them 4 to a page so that they are easier to feed for you.

Attachments

• Asian Noodle Skillet Dinner bck.doc
    48 KB · Views: 236
  • Asian Noodle Skillet Dinner frnt.doc
    27 KB · Views: 230
Do you have actual postcards that are perforated, or are you using cardstock that you'll cut apart? If you're using the perfed cards, the manufacturer (probably Avery) has templates on their website that you can use in Word. If you're using cardstock, it's easiest to use tables to set things up. What I do for 4 to a page cards:
Landscape orientation
Top margin: .5"
Bottom Margin: .5"
Left Margin: .5"
Right Margin: .5"
Insert 3 column x 3 row table
Column 1 width: 4.5"
Column 2 width: 1"
Column 3 width: 4.5"
Row 1 height: 3.25"
Row 2 height: 1"
Row 3 height: 3.25"You'll have to paste the info into all 4 of the cells manually.

Okay, Amanda, here is the Publisher document that we talked about in PM, see if you can open this and print it, if you can I can do the other page for you too!
Let me know!

Attachments

• Asian Noodle Skillet Dinner Post Card.pub
    47 KB · Views: 240
If that one didn't work Amanda, try this one... be sure and print it and make sure that it will work on both sides...

Attachments

• Post Card Template.doc
    41 KB · Views: 323
Paula, the Word one worked. Would you be able to do the back side for me? Thank you so much for all your help!

babywings76 said:
Paula, the Word one worked. Would you be able to do the back side for me? Thank you so much for all your help!

No problem! Glad that I could help! Good luck!

Attachments

• Post Card Template page 2.doc
    130.5 KB · Views: 291
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I can't believe how such a seemingly simple project turned out to be so complicated for me. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me! :)

Related to Pick a Recipe for My Saturday Booth: Vote Now!

1. What is the "Pick a Recipe for My Saturday Booth" event?

The "Pick a Recipe for My Saturday Booth" event is a fun and interactive way for our customers to choose which recipe we will be featuring at our booth on Saturday. It allows our customers to have a say in what we cook and showcase at our booth.

2. How do I vote for a recipe?

To vote for a recipe, simply visit our website or social media page where the voting poll will be posted. Click on your preferred recipe and submit your vote. You can also vote in person at our booth on Saturday.

3. Can I vote for more than one recipe?

Unfortunately, each customer is only allowed to vote for one recipe. This ensures that the votes are fair and accurate.

4. When will the voting end?

The voting will end on Friday at midnight. This gives us enough time to prepare and gather the necessary ingredients for the winning recipe.

5. Will the winning recipe be available for purchase?

Yes, the winning recipe will be available for purchase at our booth on Saturday. We will also provide recipe cards for customers who would like to recreate the dish at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • manderyoder