• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pedometer Reading From Confrence

In summary, Jane logged over 16 miles on her own from Monday to Thursday when she got home. She walked from the Hilton to Navy pier Wed, and from the Hilton to greektown Monday night. Jane also wore a pedometer and found that she walked 19,000 steps in one day around the McCormick. She was also able to log over 6 miles each day, and an additional 4 on Monday morning.
poohritz
Gold Member
I put on over 16 miles on mine from Monday to Thursday when I got home:thumbup:. that is great. I walked from the Hilton to Navy pier Wed, and from the Hilton to greektown Monday night. great city to walk around in. for those of you that wore one what were your readings like?

I know that one morning, another consultant and I did a 2 mile walk. We were staying at the Hyatt McCormick, and they had a little map for a walking path by Lake Michigan. Then one night, we all took a taxi to over by the Hilton to a restaurant, and then walked back from the Hilton to the McCormick Center on that same path down by the water. Wed night we took a taxi to Navy Pier, but then ended up walking all around, and then at the end of the evening, we walked up to the Sheraton to catch a cab back to McCormick. Plus all the walking we did @ the McCormick. My Sr. Director wore a pedometer, and she said that in one day just around the McCormick, she walked 19,000 steps - so I know I walked way more than that! (she didn't do the walking around town that we did!)

I was able to log over 6 miles each day and an additional 4 on Monday morning--my bodybugg logged over 15-20,000 steps each day! And even with all the extra food I LOST weight!

Yeah for everyone!!! I did a run or a walk down LSD from the Hilton every morning at 5:30am and we walked every night. AWESOME!

I live only 50 minutes from the city and even though we come in often I still LOVE it!

Monday I logged 6.71 miles (17,013 steps), Tuesday 3.24 miles (8,214 steps), Wednesday 5.74 miles (14,572 steps), and Thursday 6.67 miles (16,921 steps)! Not bad for someone who was on a scooter last year and was on a walker this year! I am also down about 50 pounds from last year. I'm looking forward to weighing at WW on Monday evening to see how much I have lost this week! Despite the blisters on the bottoms of 9 of my 10 toes from the walk on Wednesday night, I loved every minute of it. Looking forward to walking at the Mall here now and making contacts as often as I can!

Jane you looked FABULOUS! Simply FABULOUS!

Chicago is a great place for walking!

Unfortunately, I was not able to go to conference. But when my husband and I go on vacation to Mexico we do SOOO much walking. I always come home at least a few pounds lighter even after all the eating I do. It's a win/win. I get a vacation and come home stress free, tan and thinner :D

Nanisu said:
I was able to log over 6 miles each day and an additional 4 on Monday morning--my bodybugg logged over 15-20,000 steps each day! And even with all the extra food I LOST weight!

Good to know! Too bad we couldn't get another AM walk in. Oh well, maybe next year.

1. How do I use a pedometer to track my steps at a conference?

To use a pedometer at a conference, simply clip it onto your waistband or carry it in your pocket. Make sure it is secure and won't fall off. Then, go about your day as usual and the pedometer will track your steps.

2. How accurate are pedometers for tracking steps at a conference?

Pedometers can vary in accuracy, but most are able to track steps within a 5-10% margin of error. Keep in mind that factors such as walking speed, terrain, and placement of the pedometer can affect its accuracy.

3. Can I wear a pedometer while sitting or standing at a conference?

Yes, you can wear a pedometer while sitting or standing at a conference. However, it may not accurately track your steps as it is designed to detect movement while walking or running. It is best to reset or remove the pedometer during long periods of sitting or standing.

4. How can I track my steps at a conference if I don't have a pedometer?

If you do not have a pedometer, you can use a fitness tracker or a step tracking app on your phone. Another option is to use a journal to manually record your steps, or simply estimate your steps based on the average number of steps per hour.

5. How can I use my pedometer reading from a conference to improve my health?

By tracking your steps at a conference, you can get a better understanding of your daily physical activity and set goals to increase your steps. This can help improve your overall health and fitness level. You can also use the pedometer reading to monitor your progress and make adjustments to your activity level if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies