• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Peanut Butter Choc. Tort Anyone Tried?

In summary, the conversation is about making a rich torte for a show. The host is asking for advice on doubling the portion size using a medium bar pan or using a large bar pan. Another person shares their experience of making the torte in a medium bar pan and cutting it into smaller pieces. They also mention that the cake box in San Diego is double the size, so they double the other ingredients. The conversation ends with the question of how many servings the medium pan can serve, and the reply is 12-16 pieces. The expert summarizer suggests that both pans will work well and it ultimately depends on personal preference.
heat123
Silver Member
I have a host who wants me to make this torte for her show and it looks very rich! Has anyone made it and how easy was it to double the portion size on the med. bar pan since the origanl calls for the small bar pan? Or who has used the large bar pan to make it? Just curious which pan works better? Med. or large because I need more than 4 servings. :confused:

I made this for an open house in Aug. It is delicious!!!

I realized though that the cake box available her in San Diego is double the size the recipe calls for. What I did was double the other ingredients and made it in the medium bar pan. It turned out great! The cake is moist and just wonderful. I also cut it into smaller pieces because the cake was so huge.

Enjoy!

how many servings does med. pan serve?Hi you said you made it in the med. bar pan and cut into smaller servings, how many would you say you could cut maximum pieces for that size bar?
12-16 pieces?

Ps I too am from San Diego, La Mesa area. where are you from?

Hi Heather!I live in National City, across from plaza bonita mall.

I would cut the cake into 16 pieces. The cake is so tall it will fall down when you serve it, but it is only to taste at shows.

Hi there! I have made this torte before and it is definitely rich and decadent. Doubling the portion size on the medium bar pan should not be a problem, as long as you adjust the cooking time accordingly. I have also used the large bar pan to make it and it turned out just as delicious. It really just depends on how many servings you need and how much you want to stretch the recipe. Both pans will work well, so it's really up to your personal preference. Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy cooking!

1. What is the recipe for the Peanut Butter Choc. Tort?

The recipe for the Peanut Butter Choc. Tort can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It includes ingredients such as peanut butter, chocolate chips, and heavy cream.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions based on your dietary restrictions or preferences. For example, you can use almond or sunflower butter instead of peanut butter, or use dairy-free chocolate chips for a vegan option.

3. How many servings does the Peanut Butter Choc. Tort recipe make?

The recipe makes 12 servings. However, you can adjust the measurements to make more or less depending on your needs.

4. Can I make the Peanut Butter Choc. Tort ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the tort ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container.

5. Is the Peanut Butter Choc. Tort gluten-free?

The recipe for the Peanut Butter Choc. Tort does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients. However, if you have celiac disease or a severe gluten intolerance, we recommend double-checking the ingredients and using certified gluten-free products to avoid any cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered2007
  • jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • Lisa/ChefBear