• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Paula Deen's Toffee Trifle?

In summary, to make Paula Deen's Toffee Trifle, you will need a pan of chocolate cake, sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping, caramel sauce, and toffee bits. Different types of cake can be used, and the trifle can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Homemade whipped cream can also be used as a substitute for whipped topping, and additional toppings such as nuts or chocolate chips can be added for a more decadent dessert.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
YUM! :)

1 box chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup coffee liquer..(Kahlua)
2 cups Fudge sauce...recipe follows
3 chocolate covered toffee bars ..broken into pieces
1 1/2 cups heavy cream whipped and sweetened with 1/3 cup sugar

Prepare the cake and cook according to package directions in 13 x 9 pan

Poke holes all over the cake with a fork..poor liquer over all and let soak in the fridge for at least 3 hours.

Slice the cake into 3" chunks

line the bottom of a large glass bowl with a drizzle of the sauce..place chunks of the cake over top
put some pieces of the candy bar and then about 1/3 of the cream
repeat layers 2 more times ending with the fudge sauce and candy bits
put in fridge until ready to serve...

Hot Fudge Sauce

1 - 4 oz bar German Chocolate
1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate
8 tbls. butter
3 cups powdered sugar (icing sugar)
1 2/3 cups evaporated milk
1 1/3 tsp. vanilla

Melt the chocolate with the butter..stir in the powdered sugar..add the evaporated mil..blend well...bring to a simmer..cook about 8 mins ..add vanilla

I made one similar to that one last nightI used brownies and add 1 tbsp of instant (dry) coffee to the brownie mix then baked up the brownies. Then I made the choc pudding with 1/2 cup Kaluha and 1 1/2 cp milk and mixed in 1 8oz tub of whipped cream. I layered it with the brownie the pudding mixture and toffee pieces. I cant wait to dig in tonight!!

..cool

Wow, this sounds amazing! I love chocolate and coffee together, so the addition of Kahlua is perfect. And the toffee bars just take it to the next level. I can't wait to try this recipe, thank you for sharing it!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Paula Deen's Toffee Trifle?

To make Paula Deen's Toffee Trifle, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 (9x13 inch) pan of chocolate cake, cut into cubes
  • 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (8 oz) tub of whipped topping
  • 1 (12 oz) jar of caramel sauce
  • 1 (8 oz) package of toffee bits

2. Can I use a different type of cake for this trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake that you prefer. Some popular options include angel food cake, pound cake, or even brownies. Just be sure to cut the cake into bite-sized pieces before assembling the trifle.

3. How far in advance can I make Paula Deen's Toffee Trifle?

You can make this trifle up to 24 hours in advance. Just be sure to store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the cake to absorb the caramel and condensed milk.

4. Can I use homemade whipped cream instead of whipped topping?

Yes, you can use homemade whipped cream if you prefer. Just make sure it is stabilized with a little bit of cornstarch or gelatin so that it holds its shape in the trifle. You can also use a combination of whipped topping and homemade whipped cream for a lighter texture.

5. Can I add other toppings to this trifle?

Absolutely! Some popular additions to Paula Deen's Toffee Trifle include chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or extra toffee bits on top. You can also drizzle additional caramel sauce over the top for a more decadent presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • DebPC