• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much of Your Holiday Shopping Do You Do Online?

In summary, the author purchased most of her items online, with the exception of a Wii which she plans to purchase in-person at a store near her.
DebPC
Staff member
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini MufffinsI had these at a gathering last night- soooo goood! I'm making them for Thanksgiving morning.

Here's the recipe-Pumpkin Muffins
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. baking soda
16 oz can pumpkin
1 cup veg oil
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1-2 cups chocolate chips

Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour in muffin cups/tin. Bake at 350 degrees (10-15 minutes).

OMG these sound great thanks for the recipe!

I probably do about 30%. Especially cds, books, and dvds.

I do buy most of my cds, dvds and books online as well - gotta love places like amazon that offer free shipping and have lower prices.

Books, music and most toys I'll do online. Better prices, usually free shipping and no lines!! Plus I can shop any time of day or night. We're thinking about getting a Wii though so that will require a well timed visit to the mall. The game store there doesn't do waiting lists... it's first come first served so I'll have to find out what days they get deliveries and hope for the best.

I have done a majority of my shopping online;) Beats having to go to the stores and deal with crowds or unhappy holiday people.

I rarely get gifts online, unless it is a really sweet Ebay auction that won't break the bank.

Usually only Ebay for me - and haven't bother for Christmas. I haven't come across any great sites with things on my shopping list online that will ship to Canada free, reasonably or in some cases ship at all. :(:mad::rolleyes:

nope - don't online shop at all................................

I did the majority of shopping for my son online! Way less stressful!!

I buy whatever I can online. Sometimes, I'll buy from Best Buy or Circuit City and check "in store pickup". Then I go right there and pick it up. I hate shopping at those stores. If shipping is too expensive, I won't purchase online.

I order from places that aren't local. For instance...American Girl and Build-A-Bear were on that list this year. I KNOW....the closest BAB is 2 hours away! I always order gift baskets from Harry and David as well. It makes for easy gifting!! LOL!!

I attempted mall shopping yesterday (my friend took DD off my hands for a couple hours)... I did get the women's shelter family we "adopted" done... and a few other things... but I was very much reminded at why I attempt online shopping vs off... LOL. I wasted so much time organizing my thoughts, trying to compare stuff and way too much walking past those kiosks with the annoying workers that try and drag you back to their 'store' like some poor squirrel. I'll finish things up online. It's worth paying shipping for even, to avoid that mess again. Besides the one thing I was going to get is going to be the holy grail this year anyway and well, we decided that that's not what the holidays are to us... no waiting in line, stampeding or spending way too much time, energy and money on one thing... we'll wait til the pressure is off that thing and just get it as a family gift when they least expect it is all..

lkprescott said:
I attempted mall shopping yesterday (my friend took DD off my hands for a couple hours)... I did get the women's shelter family we "adopted" done... and a few other things... but I was very much reminded at why I attempt online shopping vs off... LOL. I wasted so much time organizing my thoughts, trying to compare stuff and way too much walking past those kiosks with the annoying workers that try and drag you back to their 'store' like some poor squirrel. I'll finish things up online. It's worth paying shipping for even, to avoid that mess again. Besides the one thing I was going to get is going to be the holy grail this year anyway and well, we decided that that's not what the holidays are to us... no waiting in line, stampeding or spending way too much time, energy and money on one thing... we'll wait til the pressure is off that thing and just get it as a family gift when they least expect it is all..

Yep!!! I like the squirrel commment...I SO dislike those kiosks!
The kids wanted a Wii this year. We told them that A LOT of poeple wanted one and that Santa has to outsource so there might not be enough. "IF" Santa was not able to get one then we would buy one in a few months..........
They have enough stuff coming anyway that doing without a Wii is just fine!

I do some but most I do in person at the store. I would say 15-20% online.

Related to How Much of Your Holiday Shopping Do You Do Online?

1. How much of your holiday shopping do you typically do online?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that everyone's holiday shopping habits are different. Some people prefer to do all of their shopping online, while others prefer to do a mix of in-store and online shopping. However, on average, we have found that about 60% of our customers do at least some of their holiday shopping online.

2. What are the benefits of doing holiday shopping online?

There are many benefits to doing your holiday shopping online. First and foremost, you have access to a wider variety of products and can easily compare prices from different retailers. Online shopping also allows you to avoid crowded stores and long checkout lines, and you can shop at any time of day from the comfort of your own home. Additionally, many online retailers offer exclusive deals and discounts during the holiday season.

3. Are there any downsides to doing holiday shopping online?

While online shopping has many benefits, there are also some downsides to consider. One of the main concerns is the potential for packages to be lost or delayed during the busy holiday season. It's also important to be cautious of online scams and only shop from reputable retailers. Another downside is that you may not be able to physically see or touch the products before purchasing, which can make it harder to gauge quality.

4. How can I ensure that my online holiday shopping is secure?

Security is a top priority for us at Pampered Chef. We recommend only shopping on secure websites with a lock symbol in the URL bar. It's also important to use strong and unique passwords for each online retailer and to avoid using public Wi-Fi when making purchases. Additionally, be cautious of emails claiming to be from retailers asking for personal information – always go directly to the retailer's website instead of clicking on links in emails.

5. Are there any tips for finding the best deals when shopping online for the holidays?

There are a few tips you can follow to find the best deals when shopping online for the holidays. First, sign up for email newsletters from your favorite retailers to stay updated on sales and promotions. You can also use price comparison websites to compare prices from different retailers. Another tip is to take advantage of holiday sales and promotions, such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. And finally, don't forget to check for promo codes and coupons before making a purchase!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
jdavis
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies