• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Paula Deen Recipe - Crabbies - They Are Awesome!

In summary, Debbie made crabcakes and her husband who usually doesn't like crabmeat loved them. She also said that she used the store brand of canned crabmeat and that they would be good with shrimp in them, too!
jrstephens
I made these for the Super Bowl. They are AWESOME!!!! My husband who normally does not like that much crab even LOVED them.

Also, the package of Old English muffins that I bought had I think 6 in it, so, cut in two made 12 rounds. (This is the brand she used on her show) And the mixture covered all 12 rounds. I cooked some and froze the other ones for later since it was just the two of us. I froze them seperate so when I wanted another one last night, I just popped it in the oven.

Here's the recipe:

Crabbies

Ingredients:
8 ounce good white crabmeat, picked free of all shells
1 (5-ounce) jar Old English cheese
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
dash Paula Deen's hot sauce or cayenne pepper
8 large toasted bread rounds

Directions:
Mix all ingredients except bread. Divide mixture evenly over bread rounds and spread. Score each round into quarters and place on a baking sheet. Have oven preheated to 425 degrees. Spray baking sheet. Place crabbies on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve hot. These freeze and store well for drop-in company.

Yield: 8 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus time to freeze
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ease of preparation: Easy

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

YummyWow that sounds really good. I think that might be something we try for dinner next week. I already have my menu planned for this week.

Debbie :D

Yummy, I will have to try those. I love crabcakes.
Thanks for sharing.

I love crabmeat and my husband doesn't. Sounds good. Did you use the imitation crab meat? Also, what department in the grocery store did you find the Old English cheese in a jar?

In our grocery store it is with the cheez whiz

pkd09 said:
I love crabmeat and my husband doesn't. Sounds good. Did you use the imitation crab meat? Also, what department in the grocery store did you find the Old English cheese in a jar?

I used the store brand of the canned crabmeat. In my Walmart, the cheese was with the parmesean cheese and the pizza kits and sauce.

My husband is not crazy about crab meat like I am, but he loved these. Maybe yours will too.

I think they would be good with shrimp in them, too! MMM!! I am wanting one now.:chef:

1. How do I make Paula Deen's Crabbies?

To make Paula Deen's Crabbies, you will need crabmeat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix all the ingredients together, scoop onto crackers, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F. Enjoy!

2. Can I use imitation crabmeat for this recipe?

While Paula Deen's original recipe calls for real crabmeat, you can certainly use imitation crab if preferred. Just be sure to chop it into small pieces before mixing it with the other ingredients.

3. Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the mixture for Paula Deen's Crabbies ahead of time and store it in the fridge until ready to use. However, it is best to assemble and bake the Crabbies right before serving for the best taste and texture.

4. Are there any substitutions I can make for this recipe?

If you do not have a certain ingredient on hand, you can make some substitutions for Paula Deen's Crabbies. Instead of green onions, you can use regular onions or chives. You can also use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise for a healthier option.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze the baked Crabbies for up to 2-3 months. Just be sure to wrap them tightly in foil or place them in an airtight container. When ready to eat, reheat them in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies