• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party in a bag

Mar 20, 2006
I got this idea from my director Monday and I'm gonna give it a try on tuesday and I'll let you know how it works.

You go to the dollar store and get a large gift bag and fill it with all the paper products for a party (plates,cups ,napkins,forks etc) All from the dollar store ,cost around 5-6 dollars total. Then at the end of the party you say something along the lines as "I'm trying to fill such and such date and the first person that takes this date gets this party in the bag and I'll bring the ingredient also. All you 'll have to do is invite lots of friends and family to your home. How easy is that?"
;)

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
This is a great idea. I heard it at Conference the year before last. I tried it after I got back, but I don't think I promoted it very well. People really couldn't understand the significance of the free show. (Plus I was new and had no idea what I was doing)

Please let us know how it goes for you Angie. I think it is a good idea for summer shows. People seem to be very busy during the summer months and if all they have to do is be excited about their party and clean the house a little I think they would be more inclined to schedule something.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Party in a bag or Free Shows haven't worked for me either, but I think it's me!

Good luck and let us know what happens!

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
I have never tried this technique (maybe because I don't think I would appreciate a FREE show) but I guess that's just me and I would rather receive FREE products to entice me. It's worth a shot though, (because I should never assume everyone of my guests would feel the same way as I do) let us know how it goes!

suzipooh

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2005
Maybe instead of promoting it as "party in a bag",...you could say something like "I have May 20th (or whatever date) available and all you have to do is invite your friends over for an evening of fun and food. Not only will I do all the cooking for you, I'll provide the ingredients and do the dishes!" Then you can hold up the pretty little bag w/the paper plates and such.
Just a suggestion :)
Suz

Apr 13, 2005
I've done this alot....I went to the Dollar Tree and got these cute little wire baskets and recently some pastel colored plastic basket/bucket type things and do the same with those !!

It has really worked for me !

Sep 11, 2005
I love this idea, I have have had some luck with these little boxes I have that I put slips of paper in with a free product on it (like the book to look idea). But I think I will try this on Sunday at my show. This host booked from a show I had last month and is getting a free product for picking one of my boxes.