• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Panini Recipes for a Show: Variety & How to Cook with Limited Kitchen Space

In summary, Beth is looking for recipes for a panini other than the one in the new SB. She is excited about the new press and pan and wants to cook at a show using them. She uses a hot plate if she needs to cook something in front of the guests, but if the thing that needs the stove is a small part of the demo she either does it as the guests arrive or has the host do it. She has been looking for Panini recipes, and finds many on the internet. She has a cookbook with recipes from her new Panini grill from Williams and Sonoma. The recipe she likes the best is the Cubano Chicken Sandwich.
jrstephens
Does anyone have recipes for a panini other the one in the new SB? I would like a variety to choose from b/c I think it would be fun to use this at a show. I am so excited about the new press and pan!!!

Also, how do you all cook at a show when the guests cannot all fit in the kitchen? Do you use one of those one burners you can just plug in anywhere? I would love to actually cook at my shows some, but none of my host have the kitchen for being at the stove.

I use a hot plate if I need to cook something in front of the guests. If the thing that needs the stove is a small part of the demo I either do it as the guests arrive or have the host do it. Same thing with microwave/oven. I have the host put things in and out if I'm not in the kitchen.

More and more of the recipes I use do use the stovetop and that hot plate (maybe $7-10) was a great investment!

Oh, and I have been looking for Panini recipes too. There are tons to weed through on the internet but it looks to me like you just put the fillings you like between good bread and heat! I make reuben sandwiches all the time and plan to make them with the grill pan and press this week.

I did a search on All recipes.com, and also Food Network, and found some GREAT ones, and they are very easy.

I know there is one on our PC grilling recipe cards thats delicious.

I will have to look through my cards. I use these as small door prizes and am not sure I have that one left. I will check out the websites mentioened too. Thanks!

BethCooks4U said:
I use a hot plate if I need to cook something in front of the guests.

Beth is this the electric burner that I've seen around? Was wondering if that would be something I could use and I'd love to do a Panini for people. But would have to get the grill and press first lol

:) T

TinasKitchen said:
Beth is this the electric burner that I've seen around? Was wondering if that would be something I could use and I'd love to do a Panini for people. But would have to get the grill and press first lol

:) T
Yes. It's just one electric "eye" (a new term for me - I always said "burner"). You can get them at Walmart and other places and they are quite inexpensive. I also suggest you take an extension cord to shows that you will be using it. You never know how far you'll be from an outlet...

Panini is delicious!I love Panini sandwiches. They are fun, tasty and make a boring sandwiich into something exciting and worthy to serve to guests.
Here are a few recipes I have in my panini cookbook, it came with my new Panini grill from Williams and Sonoma for $100. It was a housewarming gift from a good friend.
And remember with these recipes you can mix and match different ingredients to make yummy sandwiches that suit your tastebuds.

Simple but delicious Italian Grilled Cheese Panini with Basil oil:
2 cups fresh basil leaves, blanched, plus 24 additional leaves not blanched
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and course black pepper
1 loaf ciabatta bread about 1/2 inch thick
2 cloves roasted garlic
1 pound buffalo mozarella cheese (I'm sure regular would work too)
Butter at room temperature
2 tomatoes sliced

In a bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, place the blanched basil and olive oil. Blend on high until all the basil is chopped and oil appears bright green. Strain oil through a fine sleve or cheesecloth into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Preheat panini grill or pan to use with panini press. Working on a flat dry surface, lay out the 6 slices of bread. Spread roasted garlic on each slice of bread. Divide mozarella slices among the 6 slices of bread. Top with sliced tomato and reserved basil leaves. Drizzle tomatoes with basil oil that you made in the food processor. Cover with other 6 slices of bread. Spread butter on top pieces of bread, coating evenly. Place on grilling surface, butter side down for 8-10 minutes to let the cheese melt and the bread is browned and crisp.

This one is my favorite:
Pressed Cubano Chicken Sandwich
1 tsp. olive oil
4 portuguese sweet rolls or hawaiian rolls, sliced in half horizontally
2 tbsp. sweet pickle relish (I omit this because I don't like relish)
3 tbsp. yellow mustard (my husband prefers mayo or honey mustard)
8 slices swiss cheese (but you can use whatever you have handy)
8 slices of bacon, cooked
1/6 cup whole cilantro leaves (my husband omits this and I substitute for avocado)
6 ounces oven roasted ham, thinly sliced (my husband gets a loaded sandwhich so you can use as much as will stay put in the bread)
6 oz roasted chicken breast, thnly sliced

Combine mustard and relish in second bowl (or whatever ingredients you prefer). Spread bottom half of each roll evenly with mustard/relish mixture. Layer with swiss, bacon, cilantro, ham, chicken, and top half of roll. Remember use whatever sounds good to you, that's the beauty of the panini. It's just a hot sandwich, and how many different combinations of sandwiches can we think of? Thousands! Brush both sides of sandwich with olive oil or butter and heat for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Let sit for 5 minutes, slice in half and serve with your favorite chips or fries.

I'm getting hungry! :p I have made these for a bridal shower, and for company who have come over to hang out. They go fast!! They would be perfect for a demo and so delicious! Hope this helps!
Debbie :D

Thanks! I need to search for a Panini Cookbook somewhere. I did fnd lots of good ones on Food Network.

I'm so excited! My grill pan arrived yesterday so I can try these now!

mrssyvo said:
I did a search on All recipes.com, and also Food Network, and found some GREAT ones, and they are very easy.

I'm currently doing a search of some websites to come up with some recipes too.

I am going away next weekend for a Girls Weekend Away, an annual trip I make with a few of my closest girl friends.....I have offered to make these for dinner for us one night so they can be testers for me.

If you found any on these sites that you have tried and liked, please let me know.
thanks!
Melinda

When I get my grill pan, I'm planning to set up a "Panini Bar". Guests can build their own.

What is a panini?

A panini is a type of grilled sandwich made with Italian bread, typically filled with deli meats, cheeses, and vegetables.

What types of panini recipes are available for a show?

There are a variety of panini recipes available for a show, including classic Italian paninis, vegetarian options, and unique flavor combinations such as BBQ chicken or apple and brie.

Do I need a panini press to make paninis?

A panini press is ideal for making paninis, but if you don't have one, you can still make a delicious panini by using a heavy-bottomed pan or griddle to press down on the sandwich as it cooks.

Can I make paninis in a limited kitchen space?

Yes, you can easily make paninis in a limited kitchen space. All you need is a stovetop or panini press, a cutting board, and a few basic kitchen utensils.

Are there any gluten-free or dairy-free panini options?

Yes, there are several gluten-free and dairy-free panini options available. You can use gluten-free bread or wraps and substitute non-dairy cheeses or spreads to accommodate dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • turtle15