• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused About Host/Guest Combo? Get Clarified Here!

which means they can get a full set for the price of a single item if they are stocking items.If someone books a show off of their own show, they are eligible for the 60% off of the guest order and the 60% off of the past host purchase.
jkinak
I got an email from my upline director that I am a bit confused about, could someone please try to clarify for me?

Part of the email:

When someone from July or August books a show for September as a catalog show they not only get 60% off as the host of the Sept. show on the cookware, AND 60% off when they place a guest order as the past host, but the guest order portion they pay is commissionable sales toward the show.

In other words, my host from tonight wants both the 7 pc. And the 5pc. Stainless sets. If she orders the 7 pc. At 60% off on the guest order as the past host for $180 – she already has a full catalog show! So she can be the only one ordering and get it.

BUT with $180 already on record she only needs another $120 – or an avg. of 3-5 orders to get to $300 and get a 50% off item. So in this example she gets $120 from others, and she gets a total of

60% off the 7 pc. Set

60% off the 5 pc. Set

50% off the 12” covered skillet

AND she can use her $25 shopping spree (at $300 level) combined with her 20% host discount to get the 8” sauté pan for only $18.40

The part that confuses me is that I didn't know it was possible to be the host and a guest at the same show. Can this be true?? What a great idea if it is!!

Thanks for helping!

Jill

Yep, it is possible to be a host & a guest. This is actually the only way to do it if someone books a show off of their own show.

So you would just enter it in P3 as two separate orders?? This is great!
Jill:)

I love that example! I have a few hosts who may want to purchase a full set, so I will have to offer that!

Wow! I can't believe I missed that! My host on the 24th wants the cookware so I told her we need to work on a Sept. booking. Now if she doesn't get one, I can see if she wants to do it this way! Brilliant!!!
That would be soooo much towards Panorama!!

jkinak said:
So you would just enter it in P3 as two separate orders?? This is great!
Jill:)

Yep, enter them as a host and then add them also as a guest.

Awesome!!

Thanks!

Jill

Yes this works! The only point I would like to clarify is that the past host purchase of the bookng benefit counts towards guest sales for the show, but the 40% is NOT commissionable for you.

Good point Jennifer. It's still a great way for them to get both sets 60% off.

And we may not be paid on them, but we'll earn Pan-O-Rama points! Wa-hoo!

And as a point of clairification, the guest order has to pay shipping, while the host order does not. I rebook almost ALL of my hosts because of the host/past host double host special.

Wow - I honestly never knew you could do this, and I've been a consultant for 4 years!! There you go - my $5 for CS working for me again!! :D Thanks!!

ivykeep said:
And as a point of clairification, the guest order has to pay shipping, while the host order does not. I rebook almost ALL of my hosts because of the host/past host double host special.

I do the same thing on 90% of my shows. I explain the 'why' and they are amazed....and very grateful. :)

leggy

Can someone walk me through this?I am trying to understand this concept. I am planning on signing my agreement at the very end of August b/c I am having a hard time convincing people knives are a great special. but I think if I understood this "double" benefit concept, bookings for August might come easier? For example, "August is a great time to have a show Susie, b/c not only are you eligible to purchase the forged cutlery items at 60% off; you can also book a show off your own party-purchase your booking hostess special, plus the September hostess special b/c you qualify for a hostess special with only your own order!" I think I just walked myself through this, but can't believe this could be true?" I think I could definitely get 8 in 30 days with such a fab offer! Please let me know if I got it right! Thanks!

The thing with their own order making up a show is that their order must be over $150, which means they have to be purchasing a set. If they are looking at open stock, it would take their orders plus a few more. Remember there is also the benefit of the hot pad/trivet or hand soap for all of your 1st 30 days hosts and the fact that they can still get the host benefit at any party that books off of them! I say sign up now and jump right in! Get your first shows booked and then bookings from them will come easily with the awesome new catalog!

cathyskitchen said:
Wow - I honestly never knew you could do this, and I've been a consultant for 4 years!! There you go - my $5 for CS working for me again!! :D Thanks!!

I was a nerd enought that I read the consultants handbook cover to cover a couple of times and they specifically discuss it in there. It's online at CC if you want to see it!

deliciousdiva said:
I am trying to understand this concept. I am planning on signing my agreement at the very end of August b/c I am having a hard time convincing people knives are a great special. but I think if I understood this "double" benefit concept, bookings for August might come easier? For example, "August is a great time to have a show Susie, b/c not only are you eligible to purchase the forged cutlery items at 60% off; you can also book a show off your own party-purchase your booking hostess special, plus the September hostess special b/c you qualify for a hostess special with only your own order!" I think I just walked myself through this, but can't believe this could be true?" I think I could definitely get 8 in 30 days with such a fab offer! Please let me know if I got it right! Thanks!

Let me give you an example. I had a show in February with a host. She got the February host special (which was 2 pieces of stoneware at 60% off as I recall). At the time of her show we booked her for July. So when I do her show on Thursday, she can buy the salad chopper as the host of the July show at 60% off AND she can also buy the salad spinner at 60% off as the host of the February show through which her show was booked. Her name will be on the show twice, once as the host and once as the guest. As the guest she will have to pay shipping but not as the host (so she will only pay $4). I usually recommend the more expensive item as the guest because the total of her guest product counts towards the show.

While we were host coaching this afternoon, I reminded her that she got two items at this week's show AND I re-explained the host benefit so that she could try and get bookings from people who can't attend the show. I told her about the August special and September special (she bought the 1/2 price host special cookware set in February so I talked up how she could complete her set or add some Stainless pieces to completment her set if she had a guest book in September). I also let her know that if SHE rebooks for September she will also be able to get two cookware specials in September (and her response was Uh-oh, I'm in trouble in a good way). I encouraged her to think about it since September will be all the new fall products.

Now, I had a host in April who also really wanted the HWC host items AND the platter, so she rebooked a May show and was eligible for both. She also had a huge wish list (I tried to recruit her!) She collected about $100 in outside orders for May and bought the platter as the guest and then added another $150 in orders as a guest because she also wanted to buy a cookware set (which she did -- man, I wish Pan-o-rama backdated to this spring!!). Most of that show was her own order so she could get the cookware (she did the math and was satisfied she was saving money and getting great product). She also placed a $200 order in June which we also did as a catalog show (she bought lots of Christmas presents).

Hope that helped you see some different scenarios... usually your host will want to book out a little further which is why I find it helpful to be able to tell the host what future months are.

ivykeep said:
I was a nerd enought that I read the consultants handbook cover to cover a couple of times and they specifically discuss it in there. It's online at CC if you want to see it!

I also pride myself on being a big "nerd" when it comes to the Policy & Procedures and the handbook (I'm the one that gets asked all of the "technical" questions at our cluster meetings), so that's why I'm surprised I didn't realize you could do this. Oh, boy, look out! Cathy's got a new tool in her bag!! ;)

whoa! I've got a past host that is crazy for our forged cutlery... wonder if I can convert her to the cookware as well:)

I also am the one everyone in the cluster goes to for the technical and how does it work questions.

One of the directors in our cluster just learned this (host double dipping by booking on her own show) and asked all the way up to Exec to be sure we were right - she's been a director for years and had never heard that.

I have an August host who is SO excited. She wants the knives and cookware and was excited to hear that she could get the 2 new knives for 60% off and the rest for 50% (to start) and then she's booking a follow-up catalog show in September to take advantage of the 60% off to get both sets of cookware! We also talked about a shower for a relative of hers and she was so thrilled to hear about that too and then when I let her know that if we pick the date before we close her show she gets the host special then too she could not believe it! I love it when a host is that happy with the program that PC provides for them!!:cool:

Oops, I referenced the wrong source
cathyskitchen said:
I also pride myself on being a big "nerd" when it comes to the Policy & Procedures and the handbook (I'm the one that gets asked all of the "technical" questions at our cluster meetings), so that's why I'm surprised I didn't realize you could do this. Oh, boy, look out! Cathy's got a new tool in her bag!! ;)

I need to correct myself, it isn't in the policies and proceedure section, but is in the Recipe for Success binder I got with my starter kit (which has the P&P as a section in it).

Specifically, it is on page B-11 (The Host Coaching Section) under the question "If a host rebooks from her own show, is she eligible to purchast two Monthly Host Specials at the future show?

Answer:
A. Yes, as long as the future Show is held within siz months of the original Show, just like for any other future booking. It then gives an example about hypothetical host Janet and her shows.

Hope that helps clear up the location of the PC policy :)

I did it tonight!
My hostess wanted the salad spinner, but was really excited about the knives in August. She had mentioned when I showed up that she had 4 orders pending until next week so I suggested she close tonights show now, book for August and use her 4 pending orders and her own guest purchase of the knives to qualify for a catalog show. She was very excited and rebooked! (My only show for August so far, so I'm happy too!)

It's a great idea for hosts that want to take advantage of host specials and are motivated to get orders to qualify for a show.

1. How does the host/guest combo work?

The host/guest combo is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef where the host of a party can also receive the benefits of being a guest. This means that the host can earn free and discounted products, in addition to earning host rewards.

2. Can I still earn host rewards with the host/guest combo?

Yes, the host will still earn host rewards based on the total sales of the party, even when participating in the host/guest combo. This is in addition to the free and discounted products the host will receive as a guest.

3. Do I have to attend the party to participate in the host/guest combo?

No, you do not have to physically attend the party to participate in the host/guest combo. You can place an order through the party link provided by the host, and you will still receive the benefits of being a guest.

4. Can I combine the host/guest combo with other promotions?

It depends on the specific promotion. Some promotions may allow for stacking with the host/guest combo, while others may not. It's best to double-check with your consultant or the Pampered Chef website for specific details.

5. How do I place an order through the host/guest combo?

To place an order through the host/guest combo, you will need to use the party link provided by the host. This link will ensure that your order is associated with the party and that you receive the benefits of being a guest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
laurichef
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies