• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Revamps Catalogs - Do Consultants Have to Pay for New Items?

In summary, the new catalogs have different covers and some consultants who have been submitting shows have to pay for the new catalogs. The writers in the group think this is unfair because directors get the old catalogs free and new consultants don't.
jasonmva
Silver Member
I just got the email about the revamped catalogs that are now available. Well isn't that wonderful! I have already ordered 100 of the other ones! Why in the world did they revamp the catalog?!?

That is the one thing I don't understand about PC - they make changes and then we have to buy new stuff. For example, I started in June so my kit had the now retired cutting board. In order to now show the new cutting board, I have to order one and pay for it?!? I would think that if they are going to discontinue something and replace it with something new that came in the SS kits then each consultant should get the replacement without having to pay for it.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

You do not have to order the catalogs. I am not. I have plenty of the other ones with other cover, and am not going to that expense.

I agree with the SS stuff though. It would be great if they just gave it to us. But if you earn the Free products through the Sell-A-Thon you get the basic ones. That is what I done with the fall change over and I got the basics that I would need to show for Free buy earning them in Sell-a-Thon. Which I also hope to earn the first level with November's Sell-A-Thon to do the same!

I also started ordering the write-in receipts so I would not have to throw away any left overs from the itemized ones with change over.

jasonmva said:
I just got the email about the revamped catalogs that are now available. Well isn't that wonderful! I have already ordered 100 of the other ones! Why in the world did they revamp the catalog?!?

That is the one thing I don't understand about PC - they make changes and then we have to buy new stuff. For example, I started in June so my kit had the now retired cutting board. In order to now show the new cutting board, I have to order one and pay for it?!? I would think that if they are going to discontinue something and replace it with something new that came in the SS kits then each consultant should get the replacement without having to pay for it.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

My understanding from NC is that the only difference is the COVER to the new catalogs for the Holiday season...

I love the write-in receipts. Those are all I use.

Since I am only doing this part-time, I never make enough to qualify for the free products no matter how hard I try. I have only been averaging about 1-2 shows a month. It hasn't only been until the last 2 that they have been over $500

Once you are director, they will send you the new products every season. Unfortunately, there are SO many people who sign up and never even open their paperwork, much less do shows. It really isn't cost effective to send EVERYONE all the new products.

I understand your frusteration. They give the perks to the directors who are less likely to need the perks (such as booth reimbursement). It would be great to offer that to the consultants who are trying so hard to get their businesses off the ground. My recommendation is not to buy any of the products. Just use the catalog to showcase the products you don't have. Then earn them all for free.

Paige Dixon said:
Once you are director, they will send you the new products every season. Unfortunately, there are SO many people who sign up and never even open their paperwork, much less do shows. It really isn't cost effective to send EVERYONE all the new products.

I understand your frusteration. They give the perks to the directors who are less likely to need the perks (such as booth reimbursement). It would be great to offer that to the consultants who are trying so hard to get their businesses off the ground. My recommendation is not to buy any of the products. Just use the catalog to showcase the products you don't have. Then earn them all for free.

Well isn't that just a slap in the face! Maybe I should call HO with the suggestion that consultants who consistently submit shows should be eligible as well. I knwo I sound dumb when I do a show and say the cutting board I am using is now discontinued but the new one has this this and this so you should buy it. I know I will never make director status...I just do this as something on the side. And here I thought PC was going to be a great thing to do. It seems it is for someone who can devote a ton of time to it.

If you are consisitanty submitting shows, you should be earning at least some of the new products! Also, you can take advantage of the Pampered Chef money that they offer as incentives from time to time and use that for the sample products. You can be receiving free catalogs for recruiting, until you become director.

Busy people make the best consultants if they can learn how to weave the business into their busy lives. People who sit home all day doing nothing have no contacts for business! Be sure to weave your business into everything you do during the day. Here's a script I wrote for inviting the service industry. I had envisioned a server in a restaurant, but it can work for the fast food person, the bank teller, gas station cashier, anyone. Try it out:

You visit a local restaurant. You have a sharp[, friendly food server who catches your attention. Right away, you observe this personh has great people skills, a strong work ethic, and is "on the ball".

Here's how you can EASILY prospect this person. Let's call him "Mike", a;nd here's what you can say:

Mike, listen, I want to thank you for your great service this afternoon. It's some of the best service I've had in a restaurnat this year (now at this, Mike should be all smiles ans you've just paid him a well deserved compliment.) You then proceed: Listen Mike, I own a business here in the area and always keep an eye out for sharp people and you definitely caught my attention. Let me ask you a question: do you keep your work options open: (now, if Mike really is a sharp, heads-up person, what's he gonna say? Obviously, "yes" to which you respond): Good for you, Mike. I think you'll be glad you do! Tell you what, you';re working right now, and I'm busy myself, but let's do this. Let me get your contact information and I'll drop you a line tomorrow (or when he's off later that day) and give you some more information on our opportunity and who we're looking for and see if we've got a match."

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want more suggestions for weaving your business into your everyday life.

Actually, we have been notified several times about the new catalog - In the special edition Fall consultant news we were told - and when first ordering supplies for the fall we were also told to order only what we needed thru Oct, and then order the new cover for the Holiday Season.....it's not like it was a big surprise or anything!

I, personally, found it very amusing when I got my package of catalogs for signing up recruit #2 and then got that "oh, we've redesigned the cover for a fresh new look for the season" email about an hour later. :D

I don't plan on going out of my way to buy any new catalogs since no one really sits there and stares at just the outside of them, anyway. It's what's inside that matters.

I love to get new toys for free, that's why I plan on having my own running catalog shows so that I'll never have to pay to replace anything (just get it with my show credits).

I joined in August. I knew partway through August that there would be a slightly redesigned catalog realeased in November. They made a few more changes then they were originally planning on doing. Originally it was going to be a new cover only but in the end they changed the recipes and changed a few of the pictures and features. But none of the products or prices or page numbers changed so there is not need to buy catalogs to "switch-over" because it really does not matter. If you order catalogs starting on Nov 1st you will automatically get the new catalogs. For those of us that have plenty of fall/winter catalogs left we don't need to do anything more than answer questions of any customers that see our "old" hardcopy and then see the new online version on our websites.

I believe I've gotten at least 3 emails from HO about it starting in September mentioned in the weekly bites and/or the consultant news.

jasonmva said:
Well isn't that just a slap in the face! Maybe I should call HO with the suggestion that consultants who consistently submit shows should be eligible as well.

You were eligible to earn the products for free! You had the same opportunity that we all did in June to earn the new products, and then you were also able to purchase them at 50% off. As for directors getting so much for free, I Beg to differ! I work very very hard at my business. Any consultant that spends this much time and energy would be intitled to the same perks. Once you are a director, they don't just hand everthing to you, we are working hard too! Most of my income comes from my personal sales, it's certainly not a free ride. Sorry to rant.

Last edited:
ShanaSmith said:
You were eligible to earn the products for free! You had the same opportunity that we all did in June to earn the new products, and then you were also able to purchase them at 50% off. As for directors getting so much for free. I Beg to differ! I work very very hard at my business. Any consultant that spends this much time and energy would be intitled to the same perks. Once you are a director, they don't just hand things to you, we are working hard too! Sorry to rant.

I'm not saying that directors don't work hard at their business. My biggest thing has been that it is a bit more challenging shall we say for myself, who is only doing this part-time, to earn the free product incentives when they are offered. Trust me, I work very hard trying to get my business off the ground and talk PC to everyone I meet but I do not have tons of time to devote to it when I work full time and go to school full-time. I liked the fact that i could make my own schedule but I did not realize how much I would be missing out on. It just sometimes gets discouraging.

That's really too bad, Jason. I'm in my third month, doing this part-time, and I am having a completely opposite experience-- I don't feel like I have to dedicate a lot of time in order to succeed. I also feel that PC makes it very easy for us to do well-- my list of things I'd do differently if I were running things is VERY short, so far. As far as the catalogs are concerned, how much will the changes really affect your business?

ThoughtThere's a flyer that "flies" around periodically about a "dream" a lady has about walking into a business, telling them all the crazy things she wants in the job (set own hours, get paid for inviting others to work there, get 40% off everything once a year, earn free products many times a year, get 50% off any new products that come out, etc.), and how that "dream" job is a reality with TPC.

Now, let's look at the real world. If you worked "half-time" at a job, would you expect to get the same benefits as someone who worked "full-time". Things such as medical insurance, paid vacations, paid sick days, etc. While at some jobs you may be able to get a few paid vacation days, for the most part, they don't.

One of the great things about this business is that we do get to set the pace. To earn the "free" directors package that has been talked about, we have to sell $1250 in 3 of the 4 months leading up to the new season. For this cycle, we need do this for Sept., Oct., Nov., and Dec. I had several hosts reschedule from Sept., so I didn't make $1250 that month. That means I need to do $1250 in what for me the last two years has been my SLOWEST month...December. So, I kicked it into high gear, and already have 4 on the books.

If you want to earn a specific promotion, plan for it. Things like the sell-a-thon are always in the same months...June and (now) November. Granted, the Spring Sell-A-Thon changed this year, but that is a GOOD thing! For most people, December is only 2 weeks of selling, so it was really hard to make the goals.

I only earned Level 1 of the fall products, and was WAY excited and blessed to discover that they provided awesome products in the Level 1, including the UM, making it easy to promote the new season.

I'm not saying it's always easy, but it is always worth it! Be excited about the opportunity, and make it work for you the way you want it too.

Last edited:
If you want to order some of the revamped catalogs for the Christmas season you can do so, it's not like the old ones won't be any good after that.

I ordered 100 catalogs, not remembering about the ones coming out for the holidays...my fault...not PC's.

Boy, I used to sell Mary Kay...years ago. I had some stock because that's what they HIGHLY encourage. You'd be grateful that PC does things they way they do if you had the OLD foundation color on your shelf and then they change it and all the other colors and formulations etc. etc.
HO is not out to hurt our business, or to punish someone who doesn't do as many shows as another. I've always had the utmost respect and appreciation for Home Office. This is my second time around in PC, first time was 8 years ago or so for 7 years, I quit, and was able to come back again.

Kris

Don't feel you have to order new cattys if you have plenty on hand. I didn't. And the customers won't know any different.

As for the cutting board changeover, when my aunt hosted, she didn't want to use her 1/2 price item, so I got the one w/measure cups then. I have sold quite a few! So you may have to get new items every now and then but if you demo them right they will pay for themselves!

I don't feel that way...
jasonmva said:
Well isn't that just a slap in the face! Maybe I should call HO with the suggestion that consultants who consistently submit shows should be eligible as well. I knwo I sound dumb when I do a show and say the cutting board I am using is now discontinued but the new one has this this and this so you should buy it. I know I will never make director status...I just do this as something on the side. And here I thought PC was going to be a great thing to do. It seems it is for someone who can devote a ton of time to it.

I do PC very part time, my first home show was $ 700.00+; and that show added to my catalog show earned me the Mid Season products. I'm really trying to earn the S/S 07 stuff, but if I don't; I'm not blaming PC. They make it fair/easy for anyone to do if you just put a little time/effort into it. I"ve worked for a few other DSA's and PC is by far the best. They give the host/hostesses the prizes, not out of our pockets, PC does so much; many times I stay off the boards like this because of the few who don't see it or get it or just plain ***** and complain.

Good Luck and maybe you'll change your mind.

Liz

So true Liz!
I re-started PC just for fun, but now want to make it more. I've seen LOTS of people do PC successfully without devoting tons of time to it. Many of these have had full time jobs.
Jasonmva....hopefully you can enjoy your PC parttime business. IMHO it's so much fun meeting new people at shows and it's an outlet for your creativity.

Kris

You CAN make director working this business part time. I did. I've only ever done 3-6 shows a month. I've also been able to earn level 1 of every sell-a-thon. Just work smart when you do work your business and share the opportunity with everyone you can. You'll get there. PC makes it so easy . . .everyone (who wants to) can succeed.

Think of it this way....
I just saw PartyLites "discontinued list" for the end of this season and it is two full pages long (with very small print). The first thing I thought was, wow! If I were a consultant and earned all of this stuff for free, now I wouldn't even be able to show it! Luckily, the MAJORITY of our products remain the same. Even if they are slightly re-designed, you still get the basic idea. If you really wanted to show the new cutting boards, all you would have to do is purchase the Bar Board for $8 (with our discount). It would show all the same benefits of the bigger ones. Look at everything you received in your Super Starter Kit. Is it really worth complaining about one (inexpensive) item?
If your business isn't working out as planned, maybe it's time to step back and take a look at things. Is it possible these negative feelings about the "inability" to earn the new products is an undertone in your shows?
We are very lucky to be working for such a wonderful company. With a successful business myself and a couple of recruits who have struggled, I have seen first hand that this business is all about what you put into it! You get what you put into it 100%!
My own Director works full time, has a husband who works shifts full time and has two elementary-aged children. She works very hard to meet her goals every month to maintain her Director status and earn her over-rides and free products. I am very proud of her and what she is able to accomplish. She is an inspiration to me, her "Director benefits" do not make me bitter, they make me want to work harder to promote my business.
Don't look at your full-time job as a hurdle. Look at your Pampered Chef career as an opportunity to work less. When I joined PC, I was a full time Bank Manager with two small (3 & 1) children at home. After one year in PC, and having a third child, I was able to scale way back at my bank job and I am now a part-time teller. I LOVE IT! Although in the beginning I felt like I was never home and I was taking time away from my family, I now see what a blessing this has been for my family.
You have to find your "why". Why are you in this business? For the money? What will more money get you? What will that get you? etc......... You have to keep asking those questions until you find the true reason behind your business. Once you know your "why", you will find yourself with a much stronger desire to work your business.
Please don't feel like not earning new season products is a negative. You can do it, if you really want it!

I still show a few discontinued items at shows. It reminds me to talk about the outlet. I just mention that it could be an item on the outlet now or in the past or the future and to keep checking! Also-as for the new catalogs- if you do get them, you could send out invites or notices that PC has a new catalog. Maybe that would increase your bookings.

Paige Dixon said:
If you are consisitanty submitting shows, you should be earning at least some of the new products! Also, you can take advantage of the Pampered Chef money that they offer as incentives from time to time and use that for the sample products. You can be receiving free catalogs for recruiting, until you become director.

Busy people make the best consultants if they can learn how to weave the business into their busy lives. People who sit home all day doing nothing have no contacts for business! Be sure to weave your business into everything you do during the day. Here's a script I wrote for inviting the service industry. I had envisioned a server in a restaurant, but it can work for the fast food person, the bank teller, gas station cashier, anyone. Try it out:

You visit a local restaurant. You have a sharp[, friendly food server who catches your attention. Right away, you observe this personh has great people skills, a strong work ethic, and is "on the ball".

Here's how you can EASILY prospect this person. Let's call him "Mike", a;nd here's what you can say:

Mike, listen, I want to thank you for your great service this afternoon. It's some of the best service I've had in a restaurnat this year (now at this, Mike should be all smiles ans you've just paid him a well deserved compliment.) You then proceed: Listen Mike, I own a business here in the area and always keep an eye out for sharp people and you definitely caught my attention. Let me ask you a question: do you keep your work options open: (now, if Mike really is a sharp, heads-up person, what's he gonna say? Obviously, "yes" to which you respond): Good for you, Mike. I think you'll be glad you do! Tell you what, you';re working right now, and I'm busy myself, but let's do this. Let me get your contact information and I'll drop you a line tomorrow (or when he's off later that day) and give you some more information on our opportunity and who we're looking for and see if we've got a match."

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want more suggestions for weaving your business into your everyday life.

This sounds great...I'd like to know what kind of response you have received from this?

The new cover is a marketing tool. It is the same catalog just a new cover and things have been moved around. Oh and the info about the spices is now accurate and i believe they added a gift set.

They told use at the start of the season that they would be doing this.

I hate to kick anyone in the pants butMy goodness jasonmva! You stress way too much about something that should be fun. The new Cutting Board is, what, $16.50. Order from one of your shows on the host order if and only if the discount is over 20%. Other wise order as a personal order at 20% making it $13.20. If that is all it is going to take to make you feel better doing shows, I would say that is a small investment.
As far as the catalogs go, they announced that a conference in July, e-mailed us several times since then and it has been in the Consutlant news since then as well. So it should have been no surprise and WE ALL SHOULD KNOW by now that the only real change was the cover!
NO CHANGES IN ITEMS OFFERED except that one gift set I think I heard about
and some of the layouts. Big whoop! It ain't gonna make or break your business not having them. You make your business. So chill man! Chill!
It almost sounds to me like you have other issues with your business and these are just things to say to make it sound like the home office is the problem. I have been in for over 5 years. I do this part time. If I want to sell something that I did not get free, I buy it. If I can't well, I can't. I do it because I feel it is MY responsibilty as it is my business as stake. If I sit a gripe about it, 1) It ain't gonna get done and 2) It will be my own fault.
"You may never know what results come from your actions... But if you do nothing there will be no result." Mahatma Gandhi.

Jen, it's good to hear from someone that even though it takes time at the start your business eventually pays off. DH is griping about all the time I spend on this (this is month 4) but I know it takes time to build as you said!

I agree with John. Buy yourself a new cutting board and move on.

I just bought 100 Santoku covered catalogs. I really don't care. The catalog doesn't sell the products, I do.

Related to Pampered Chef Revamps Catalogs - Do Consultants Have to Pay for New Items?

1. What changes can we expect to see in the new Pampered Chef catalogs?

The new Pampered Chef catalogs will feature updated product images and descriptions, as well as new product offerings.

2. Will there be a cost for consultants to receive the new catalogs and products?

Yes, consultants will need to purchase the new catalogs and products in order to showcase them to their customers. However, Pampered Chef offers various incentives and discounts to help offset these costs.

3. Is there a deadline for when consultants need to purchase the new catalogs and products?

Yes, there is a deadline for consultants to purchase the new catalogs and products in order to be able to sell them to their customers. This deadline is typically a few weeks before the catalogs are officially launched.

4. Can consultants still sell the previous version of the Pampered Chef catalogs and products?

Yes, consultants can continue to sell the previous version of the catalogs and products until the new ones are officially launched. However, it is recommended to transition to the new catalogs and products as soon as possible to stay up-to-date with the latest offerings.

5. Will there be any training or resources provided to help consultants with the transition to the new catalogs?

Yes, Pampered Chef will provide training and resources to help consultants successfully transition to the new catalogs and products. This may include webinars, tutorials, and other materials to help familiarize consultants with the new offerings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Susanna12
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • hunkiemunkie