• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Pool!! Try It . It Will Increase Your Sales

In summary, the Pampered Pool is an optional game that is offered to the host during a party. If all of the squares are sold, the host earns a guaranteed $60 sale.
chefrobina
This is an idea that was given to my by Party Lite. I call it the Pampered Pool. This is something optional that I offer my host. It is a sheet with 30 numbered blocked squares. Your host sells the squares for $2 each. The buyer chooses their own square. If all 30 squares are sold that is a guaranteed $60 sale. At the party you draw a number from a basket. The name that is listed on the winning number wins $60 in FREE product and also the FREE monthly guest special (since the order was $60). If all squares are not sold, then you would just draw for whatever $ amount was collected. The winner does pay the sales tax and shipping. Make sure to instruct the host that this is optional and just a fun easy way to increase sales. When she sells the squares tell her to get a name and phone #. (This gives you possible leads). Also when drawing the winner make sure that you only draw after everyone at the party has given their order. This is done to serve as an added bonus, not to take the place of a sale. About 50% of my host will play the Pampered Pool. My very first $1000 show filled 5 sheets (then 25 squares) before her show. That was already $250.00 before we started. My second $1000 show the next month filled 3 sheets. Most guests will also stay after they have submitted their orders to see if they win.

It is alot of fun, with the right crowd,
Robin
chefrobina

Do you have somekind of flyer you could show us? I would like to different thigs at my show because i need some bookings bad. Thanks.

heres what i havei got this from my kickoff meeting

Attachments

• WordBLOCK_PULL[1].doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,659
That's a cute idea! Will be sure to try it!

Pampered Pool attached.This is written in Publisher. Hope this helps. I do not know how to transform it to another format. I am not sure that I know how to attach this correctly. Hopefully it will post.

Robin

Attachments

• pampered pool.pub
    32 KB · Views: 1,047
When you play these games, who pays for the prize? The consultant? I am sure this is a dumb questions but I am just double checking...

When you play these games, who pays for the prize? The consultant? I am sure this is a dumb questions but I am just double checking...

Erin
[email protected]

each person puts in 2 dollars there is 98 dollars worth of squares so the person just has to pay for the shipping in handeling and they get to pick out 100.00 worth of products free bc everyone that put in 2 dollars is paying for the stuff get it!!!

Here is my version. Not sure how it will work.. My sister in law is going to have a show and we are doing it for her (end of April). It sounds like a wonderful idea.. I got it off of here. Love this site!!

Attachments

• pampered chef pool.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,170
pc lottoI have been doing these sheets for a few months now. Mine has 50 squares for a potential $100.00 in sales. The hosts and the guests love it. I found the key to it is make sure the host has before and during her show. Offer any empty boxes to guests the night of the show, then do not draw the winner till the very end of your show-after everybody has placed their orders. This adds on to whatever has already been placed. My last host filled 2 of these-ended up with over $900.00 show-which is very good for me and my area. I will try to attach the one I use. One side is a letter explaining it, the other is the lotto. To draw a winner, I use inexpensive poker chips with the numbers 1-50 on them. The boxes on the lotto are numbered-then you just draw a number. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Dear Hostess lotto.doc
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,126
  • pc lotto.doc
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,054
I love these. How do you bring this to a host? or do you just add it to the host packet?

i just put mine in the host packet

oh yea, and how do you draw numbers if they use more than 1 sheet? Im sure its obvious, Im just not getting it LOL

if you use the poker chips ( which is a great idea, button92, we have some really cheap chips that I am going to number) you just have to number more of them. Start out with 50 or 60 (ever how many boxes ya got) and just add them.

I am the one who started this thread.I have been doing this for at least a year. I originally started out with 50($100) squares, but the host like the smaller sheets. Their friends can buy from multiple sheets for a better chance at winning. My host that do this always sell 2-5 sheets. But by having the smaller sheets you have more winners. The more winners, the more squares they will buy. I was doing 25 ($50) squares but I have increased it to 30 ($60) squares because now you have to spend $60 to receive the FREE guest special. This way the winner not only wins $60 in product but they also get the FREE guest special. This will really increase your sales. If a host has a sheet that is not complete, she usually can fill it up at the beginning of the show. Her guest will gladly by more, even if they already have their name on it.

100 Squares GameHi all, I've got a similar game, except it's only $1.00 a chance of 6 for $5.00, so you can get over $80.00 if 16 people bought the 6 for $5.00 and you'd still have a few squares left.

It's been enjoyed by all who play and sometimes people will go together and put in $2.50 each and split the #'s and then they split the $. My last show they sold $44.00 worth, but girl ended up adding an addition 15.00 on her original order. She was thrilled and so was hostess.

I'm trying to attach the link to this game and am not sure I'm doing it correctly.

Lisa

Attachments

• 100 squares Game.doc
    25 KB · Views: 931
Robin and PC friends,

I love the idea of a pool, but am worried about guests not wanting to place an order before the pool drawing because they rather see if they won first, I know I would. Have you had this problem? How do you explain it? And what about the guests that really don't have the money to order but may have $2 bucks for a chance to win what they would of liked to order?
This would especially be great to do on catalog shows. Do you have something that those guests can read about doing the pool or do you depend on the host explaining it? Sorry for so many questions. Just want to be prepared if I do this at my shows.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jennie,

I haven't had any problems with guest holding out to order until we have drawn a winner. The winner isn't drawn until all attending guest has placed their order. It is done at the end of the show. The hostess will then call the winner for their additional order. If the host still has squares available the night of the show, those squares are sold before the show starts. If you choose to play the Pampered Pool for catalogs orders, I would tell everyone that the winner would be chosen at the close of the order. (Exmple: Sue is closing her party on Sat. for orders. Sue turns in all orders and pool sheets to you on Saturday. You total her orders and draw a winner also on Sat.(You already know the total sale for the winner) Sue calls the winner. Sue and winner turn in their orders on Sunday. Also anyone can buy a square. They do not have to place an order. There have been times when someone that didn't attend the show or place an outside order has won. When this happens usually they will spend more than they won.
Hope this helps!

Do you have a copy that you can attach of your 30 squares game? I love the idea of them getting the $60 and a FREE item.
Are there graphics on your sheet and/or directions?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tina

This is written in publisher. I do not know how to convert it to any other format. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• pampered pool.pub
    31 KB · Views: 600
chefrobina said:
This is written in publisher. I do not know how to convert it to any other format. Hope this helps.
I converted it to PDF for you.

Attachments

• pampered chef pool.pdf
    39.1 KB · Views: 753
Is this legal?This sounds like a great idea, but is it legal?

Beth in PA

Yes, It's legalThis is no different than someone buying raffle tickets. Every dime of the money collected is given to Pampered Chef for the products that the winner chooses. I tell my host to consider it a guaranteed outside order for each sheet they fill.

Since I have started offering this type game it has raised my show average by a hundred dollars. I highly recommend trying it.

Thanks for your comments! I also talked with my director and she said she had called HO about this a while back, and they said it was perfectly legal!

I'm going to give it a try!!!

Beth in PA

I absolutely love this idea and will start using this in my July shows!!!!

This sounds like such a great idea I cannot wait to add it to my upcoming shows!!

i'll have to try this out. It sound interesting. Thanks you all!

When you all mention the PC lotto at your shows do you do it at the beginning or not mention it at all until you are ready to draw the number. This sounds really interesting.

I just had a show last week where the hostess had over 15 people in attendance but they were all young girls, and only 5 placed orders. This might help her get her show up by at least $100. Thanks

Question on lottoFor those of you that are doing the $60 drawing...if you are drawing after everyone orders, what if someone wins that already got the guest gift for buying $60 or more? What do you give them then? I'm sure they have no problem picking out $60 in free product, but wouldn't know if they would want two batter bowls, for example. I guess August will be better with the 2 gifts to choose from, they can just get what they didn't already earn.

Thanks!

I say just put it on their original order with no extra S and H and if they didn't get to $60 the first time and they do once this is added--they still only have 1 batterbowl

also I didn't know or remember that there were 2 guest specials to choose from in August??!!

do tell:D

Sorry!I was confused. It's two HOST specials at 60% off. Sorry, I just signed up today so still learning! :D

But what if they had already gotten to $60 before winning? Do you just give them another $10-14 gift if they don't want two pitchers, for example? Not sure if I'll incorporate this right away, but I may try it at my open house I plan to have in August...I want to give this my best and get my SS prizes!

Thanks...

They don't get ANY $10-14 gift--they didn't win to be the host--just another $60 in FREE product!!!!!:D

Thanks!Okay, thanks Susan!! I guess in my enthusiasm I'm mixing it all up. I sure can't wait until my kit comes!

I'd suggest they save the freebie as a gift.

August is the Quick Stir Pitcher. It's only the host who has a choice of two specials.

Great way to boost sales! I will defnitely include this in future host packets! Thanks for the idea!

I have been planning on using this, but just haven't yet, but another type of party my friend is having (a girl party, lol) the consultant has her selling $5/box! for a $200 shopping spree. I find this way too much especially in our part of the country (podunkville). In my opinion and others that I have heard said they would rather spend $5 and get 5 boxes than $5 per box. I don't think I would ever get enough people to spend $5/box to get up to the $200 shopping spree.

$2 pool
Chef susan said:
I say just put it on their original order with no extra S and H and if they didn't get to $60 the first time and they do once this is added--they still only have 1 batterbowl

also I didn't know or remember that there were 2 guest specials to choose from in August??!!

do tell:D

Hi,
I just had my first party using the pool. I just gave her the sheet on Tuesday, so she didn't have a lot of time, but she sold 20 squares between Wednesday and at the party tonight, so the guest got to add the $40 on to her original $42.00 order and was very excited. Everyone really enjoyed the pool, so I guess I will be adding it from now on. My next three parties have it in their host packet, so I will see how that goes. Thanks for the idea.

Dianne

I use it on my last catalogue show and it got an extra $52 in sales that I wouldn't have had. I've given it to my next two shows and the ladies think it's great.

These all look great! THANK YOU!!

Tracy its you. Its Me Monica. What a great idea.

Do any of you have problems with the gaming commission in your states? After I posted how my pool went with one show, another consultant suggested that I check with my state's gaming commission and I did..... turns out that in order to run one of these I would need a license. Just wonder if anyone else ran into this?

What do you say to your guests so that they know that this pool is not intended to use instead of their placing an order? I mean I have people coming to a show hoping they win so they can purchase things.

I told them that this is not intended to use in place of an order but to add to their order. Does this make sense?

Well with the host that I just gave this to when I got to her show she had forgotten all about it and she was excited about it when I told her about it when I gave her her packet. I was going to draw at the end of the show so we decided to draw when we closed the show and then call the winner. It ended up that the winner of the $44 was a lady that didn't order because she couldn't afford what she was wanting. So she purchased the G2 griddle, and nylon tool set to go with it and then purchased the hand lotion to bump it up to $60 so she could get the free pitcher, so the hosts orders were over $500, thank goodness since I didn't have anything in July, had a catty running but she said she couldn't do it had too many things going on, ughh. So, I am still active, whew.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Serendi
  • Marie Amato
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
KristinS