• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Invitations: Seeking Insight from Friends and Acquaintances

I've hosted a few shows and they turn out great! Plus, you get to know the people really well and they know you're not trying to sell them anything, haha.
ihavethetools
I have a hang up that I want to get out of my head.....unless it's really how maybe people would feel/think.
It has to do with my 100 list. There are people on there that I haven't seen in several years.............would you be insulted if I called to tell you about Pampered Chef and asked if you'd be interested in hosting a show?

Also what about church friends/aquaintances. Many of my 100 names are from the people I meet at church.........are people turned off if approached nicely about Pampered Chef.
Even actually putting it in words that I can see sounds kind of dumb. I can't really think of why anyone would be insulted or feel pressured.

??????

Thanks for input!
Kris

you are offering a service. Your church friends and acquaintances will not feel insulted. Some will be interested and some won't. Nobody is offended by being invited to a show, but many are offended if they are not. You are not pressuring them to buy, you are only letting them know that you have started a business and what products you are offering. I have a small church and I always let my church family know if I am running a special or if PC has a great special. I give them my newsletter and if I am having a show of my own I invite them. Other than that I don't push the issue. They know that I sell PC and they can call me at any time. On another note, any time we are having a dinner at church I always bring my PC recipe in my PC pan or stone. I also will bring my tool turn about filled with tools for serving, and cutting, so that we have plenty of spoons, and spatulas, etc. I talk about my business....I have a show on Saturday, or my show last night was good or not good, etc....Don't be afraid to talk to them.

I felt the same way when I first started selling. Now I'm more cofortable about when to and when not to talk about it. I have a MOPS group (Mothers of Preschoolers) which is a wonderful group of ladies. A couple came to my kickoff show - and one Hosted from it. That lead to a chain reaction - now a I have an established customer base from them and have made some dear friends by answering a lot of their PC questions. But I never bring it up at a meeting. They all know I sell PC. Someone will usually ask "Who is the next MOPS Mom hosting a show" - I've started to answer "Why not you?!?!" (Another Mom suggested that actually). But they are good, constant shows/customers. Plus I've got to know a few of them a lot better through PC stuff. The only "group" announcement I made was in May for the Cancer Society.

About the 100 old friends question. No, I would use it as an excuse to contact them! Say "I know I have chatted with you in a long time and I have an exciting and new change (business career) going on in my life that I wanted to share with you...." You word it how you feel appropriate. Those that want to get back in touch will. Or use it as an excuse to call them.

Good Luck!
Joanne

If you're worried about those that you haven't seen in awhile; maybe just call to let them know what you're doing, & see where the conversation goes from there. You could offer to send them a catty, then follow up to see then if they'd be interested in a show, or ordering. You could go with that approach instead of right out asking if they'd like to do a show.
You will come to find out that when you start talking with people about PC, almost everyone says: 'I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF!!!!':D

To be honest, I have been in this situation, where a friend called me after years of not calling to tell me about her business opportunity and to see if I wanted to join her, and "insulted" might be a little strong, but I did feel a little hurt that she had never called to see how I was doing but only when it was something that would benefit her...I'm a pretty sensitive person when it comes to friendships, though (not that I've held it against her at all -- I even volunteered to let her do some of her phone training with me for practice)...

As far as the church people go, why don't you host your own show for people from church. This is what I did when I first started with PC. I just invited the ladies from church over for a PC party and told them that I would be doing the demo! I had around 15 ladies come and since then I am the "PC Lady" for our church.

ChefSandi said:
To be honest, I have been in this situation, where a friend called me after years of not calling to tell me about her business opportunity and to see if I wanted to join her, and "insulted" might be a little strong, but I did feel a little hurt that she had never called to see how I was doing but only when it was something that would benefit her...I'm a pretty sensitive person when it comes to friendships, though (not that I've held it against her at all -- I even volunteered to let her do some of her phone training with me for practice)...
I don't think I'd be insulted if someone contacted me now, having gone through the process of building my own business and knowing what that's like. However a few years ago, I had an old high school friend contact me out of the blue to ask for donations for some hike or something she was doing in Ireland. I hadn't heard from her for YEARS and this exchange was kind of weird. I guess for something like PC, you ARE offering them a service so the focus should be on what they'll get out of it. Sometimes it's a great way to reconnect with people. Usually when you reconnect with someone, the conversation turns to "oh what are you doing now." If you're uncomfortable with pursuing what she might want from PC right at first, you could wait until a couple contacts later or something to bring that up.

Sometimes it's a great way to reconnect with people. Usually when you reconnect with someone, the conversation turns to "oh what are you doing now." If you're uncomfortable with pursuing what she might want from PC right at first, you could wait until a couple contacts later or something to bring that up.

And that is what I found to be true last night. Thanks to all of you for encouraging (and reminding) me to just do it!

I talked to a past host whose shows I remember doing so well and the fun we all had with her family. She was all positive and glad that I called (she's always like that and hasn't changed even after 7 years or so). She wants to book but they're selling their house right now, so after that.

The two others that were home were also a great joy to talk to. ALL contacts were very positive and will lead to shows. I still have several more from past PC contacts to call.

You know what? I think we all understand that we are so busy with our families that it's hard to do other things.

I'm going to do that idea with inviting the ladies from church over for an open house. That will be fun. Like that idea!

As for insulting.......I understand what ChefSandi is saying. We have a friend family that moved away years ago. Although we went and visited them several times, whenever they have been in town they have never made the effort to stop by (we always thought we were pretty close) or call, nothing. But whenever their daughters were doing fund raising for something, you can bet they still had our address. BUT I would always welcome a reconnection with them. The fundraising was a little more insulting IMHO than calling about starting a business and offering your service.

Of course the GREAT thing we all have in our favor is that name "The Pampered Chef!" and each one of us is responsible for maintaining that GREAT reputation!!!!!

Kris

3 out of my 4 bookings were from people I knew at church. You do have to watch though because also with this, the same people have been coming to the parties so it kind of limits your audience.

This is a touchy situation! I am in the same one where I have a friend who said she wanted to do PC at a later time (once she had kids) and that she wanted to host a show. I lost touch with her for a month or two. Then I was too scared to call her just for this reason! Now it has been almost six months, and I still haven't called because I don't want her to think that all I want to do is canvas her with PC stuff. I have thought about maybe bringing some catalogs and snacks to her office, but I want to huddle in my comfort zone!

I would call first and see how the conversation travels. Most likely they will ask what you've been up to, then you can bring PC into the mix. If you can't work it in to the conversation call back a few days later and say that you are now doing PC and had such a great time talking the other day that you would love to get together and get her some free stuff! Good luck and pretend that someone is physically shoving you out of your comfort zone! It works for me sometimes!

Your right this is a touchy situation.

I had a old high school friend (more like friend of a friend) call me a few years back. Now she never really had much to do with me in HS, so I was thinking what did she want with me now??

Well her and her new husband had just started in in networking company (not sure if I can say the name or not - starts with an A, was very popular a few years ago.)
So she says we would like to come and talk with you about a new venture we are in.
I have to say I was insulted. She never really spoke to me in high school, I barely have seen her since. I think they told her to go down though her HS yearbook and look people up.
I could do this I guess if I talked with them and had a tighter relationship in school and if I still saw them once in a while, like at church, school functions etc....., but to call someone up out of the blue after 10 years is not right.

So I think you are fine call people you see often, but don't have a tight connection with. And who knows, over time with your PC business that connection might be even tighter!

Good Luck-
Kelly

Gillian, you should call your friend back. Just tell her you are touching base with her about the PC opportunity. Tell her you don't want to pressure her, but don't want her to feel you have forgotten her. If she really is interested in the opportuntiy and you don't contact her, she may find a consultant online or get invited to someone's show and sign with that consultant.

That is really true Shawnna! I should really call her, I just feel so badly that I don't care to call her just to chat, but when it benefits me I will. I think that I will bring treats to her office and sweeten her up!

Over the years I have amassed alot of e-mail addresses from h.s. friends and more etc---I would just e-mail people (I LOVE E_MAIL) and see if u get any takers from an e-mail letter explaining what u are into --I had a girl from High school out of town do 3 catalog shows for me in like a year or so--then 1 time I got a big order on my website ($145) and it was her--so I have gotten orders too from h.s. people---

maybe an e-mail letter before calling!!:D

I have done mailings (snail mail) to some in my 100 list. Then Tuesday I was getting ready to do the same, but I opted out to start calling.
I approached it very casually like, "Hey I'm doing PC again, I missed it so much, the people the products. The boys are all grown up, so I'm back. And just calling to see where your interest lies, if you're interested in hosting a show, or seeing the catalog...." From there they mostly took off with the conversation.

So today and this evening, it's on the phone again for me.

People rarely shut the door completely on PC. Other business, networking, dirct sales, whatever you want to call them, if someone says 'no not interested.' That pretty much closes the door.

But we can keep in touch with information and an occasional call, without being a pest, and not close that door.

Kris

ihavethetools said:
I have a hang up that I want to get out of my head.....unless it's really how maybe people would feel/think.
It has to do with my 100 list. There are people on there that I haven't seen in several years.............would you be insulted if I called to tell you about Pampered Chef and asked if you'd be interested in hosting a show?

Also what about church friends/aquaintances. Many of my 100 names are from the people I meet at church.........are people turned off if approached nicely about Pampered Chef.
Even actually putting it in words that I can see sounds kind of dumb. I can't really think of why anyone would be insulted or feel pressured.

??????

Thanks for input!
Kris

Personally, I don't think people would be offended -- but like many have said, it could be a touchy subject for some, so I'd play it safe. Contact them, but make it about THEM even though you're trying to get your business running and need their help to do it. I've been inactive a couple months now and I've decided to come back into it, working to try to make it a full time thing. My list of 100 (well, less than that) dried up, or so I thought. I had sent out emails about my latest greatest sale, etc. Even sent one out about my business opening. And got nothing in return. Maybe people thought I just wanted to make a buck off their order. When actually it's the other way around.
This time, I sat back and thought about what could help some of my girlfriends -- a night out away from EVERYTHING. And I really want to catch up with some old friends since we've all gone our ways and had life happen to each of us for 5 years now. So, I emailed a few of my old high school pals, and some that i wasn't even really that close with!, and pitched the idea of having a night off to get together and catch up. EVERYONE was like jumping up and down with joy. I have 10 girlfriends that want to do it now. :eek: TEN! :D I was thinking maybe like 3 or 4 would want to do it. nope, TEN. :D :D :D :D I'm emailing them back today to ask if they would like to host to get free stuff (so their husbands don't nag them for going and spending money! lol). Anyway, I kind of got off on a tangent. I meant to say that you should definately contact your people, even if they're like distanced or something. Like someone else said, it gives you an excuse to call them. You're not asking for grocery money, or begging them to have $50 for gas. You're calling them up and saying "Hey Sally, I know we havent' talked in a really long time. I've often wondered how you were doing but you know how life goes -- you get sidetracked. Then I started my PC business and was thinking of people who would LOVE getting free stuff and partying with their friends.. and I thought of you again. And how you probably could use a break from everything to have a little bit of "you" time. It would be a blast to work with you and help you get a bunch of free product to treat YOURSELF. because with _______ and _______ going on right now, you deserve a little party to give yourself a break!" and continue on the conversation. I really don't think anyone will get ticked off at you.
Oh, and that is so strange, people sending out fundraiser things to those they haven't seen in like years and years. And for their kids! How odd.

Are you asking your friends amanda before u even have the get together--or after --I would bring it up during--just an idea---then connect after the event
:D

Actually, in the email I sent out (since I only had their emails), I mentioned that I was starting back up with Pampered Chef and that we could all get together and they could invite some friends and earn free stuff, munch on a snack and we could all shoot the breeze. I made it real casual sounding. Now, that might have been a mistake, but actually it turns out that my time is restrained, as well as the location, so it's going to be a catalog kinda thing.. well, 10 girls want to get together and I'm going to have catalogs and maybe a PC dessert already made. I'm checking out the best locationed (lol i made that up! hehe) restaurant as a meeting point for all the girls, since we're spread out. but to answer your question, yes before we even have the get-together, i already mentioned the Pampered Chef part. Since I'm not going to do a full-blown show with 10 hosts, I'm going to really focus on getting bookings from the get-together. I'd love to get a $1000 show out of the get-together. That would totally rock my socks off. But it's totally up to you whether you mention it before or after. Think about those you're contacting, you might have to adapt how you approach it for some, and that's fine. It's how we can best serve people that matters. I knew that all my girlfriends were DYING for a few hours to themselves, and are either married with little ones or living on their own -- and they need & could use our products. So I kinda just mentioned it in the email and didn't make it a pressured thing, so if they wanted to come catch up but not do the PC thing, they could, ya know?

1. What is the purpose of sending out Pampered Chef invitations to friends and acquaintances?

The purpose of sending out Pampered Chef invitations is to introduce your friends and acquaintances to the products and services offered by Pampered Chef. It's a great way to share your love for cooking and entertaining with them and potentially earn host rewards or commission for yourself.

2. How do I go about sending out Pampered Chef invitations?

You can send out Pampered Chef invitations through various methods such as email, social media, or in-person. The easiest way is to use the Pampered Chef website or app, which allows you to create and customize invitations and send them electronically to your desired recipients.

3. Do I need to have any previous experience with Pampered Chef to send out invitations?

No, you do not need to have any previous experience with Pampered Chef to send out invitations. The company provides resources and training to help you host successful parties and events. Plus, your friends and acquaintances can also place orders directly through your invitation link, making it a seamless process for everyone.

4. Can I earn rewards or commission by sending out invitations to friends and acquaintances?

Yes, you can earn host rewards or commission by sending out invitations to friends and acquaintances. When they place orders through your invitation link, you can earn a percentage of the sales or receive free products as a host reward. The more successful your party or event, the more rewards you can earn.

5. Is there a limit to the number of invitations I can send out?

No, there is no limit to the number of invitations you can send out. You can invite as many friends and acquaintances as you'd like. Just make sure to keep track of your guest list and follow up with them to ensure a successful event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • completelychristie