• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Painting My Living Room and Dining Room

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of choosing colors to paint the living room and dining room. The individual is considering painting the two rooms different colors but is unsure about how it will look. Suggestions are given to try bold colors or patterns for visual interest, or to stick with the same color for a cohesive look. It is ultimately up to personal preference and seeking advice from someone with a good eye for decorating. It is also mentioned to consider coordinating with the existing yellow kitchen.
jrstephens
My DH has agree to paint our living room and dining room as soon as I pick out colors.

Here's my question for you all. The two rooms adjion each other with a bar seperating the two rooms. Would you paint them two different colors are the same color? I want two colors but am scared of how it will look. I have a friend who is coming over tonight to help me choose that is awesome at decorating. She says I can do two colors. I am going from brown walls to either, kakhi, red, or green or a combination of the two. Am a little scared of the outcome but want some color.

What youl you do? By the way my kitchen is yellow.

I think it's totally up to you and your personal preference! If you're feeling brave and adventurous, two colors would certainly look great and add some visual interest to the space. You could try painting one room a deep, bold color like red or green and the other room in a lighter shade for contrast. Alternatively, you could even try a subtle pattern like an ombre effect or a chevron pattern to create something unique. If you're feeling a bit more reserved, you can always choose to paint the two rooms in the same color. It's really all about what you think looks best and makes you feel most comfortable. Good luck with the project!

Hi there! I think it's great that your DH has agreed to paint the living room and dining room for you. As for your question about whether to paint the two rooms the same color or different colors, it really depends on your personal preference and the overall look you're going for. Painting them the same color can create a cohesive and seamless look, while different colors can add some visual interest and dimension to the space. If you're feeling unsure about how it will look, it's always a good idea to consult with someone who has a good eye for decorating, like your friend. They can offer their opinion and help you make a decision that you'll be happy with. Also, considering that your kitchen is already yellow, you may want to consider choosing colors that complement or coordinate with that. Good luck with your decision and happy painting!

Related to Painting My Living Room and Dining Room

1. Can I paint over wallpaper?

Yes, you can paint over wallpaper as long as it is in good condition and properly prepared. Make sure to thoroughly clean the walls and prime with a good quality primer before painting.

2. How many coats of paint do I need to apply?

The number of coats needed will depend on the color and type of paint you are using, as well as the current color of your walls. In general, two coats of paint are recommended for even coverage.

3. Do I need to remove furniture from the room before painting?

It is recommended to remove as much furniture as possible from the room before painting to avoid getting paint on it. If removing furniture is not an option, cover it with drop cloths or plastic sheets.

4. What type of paint finish is best for living and dining rooms?

Eggshell or satin finishes are popular choices for living and dining rooms as they have a slight sheen and are easier to clean than flat finishes. However, the best finish for your specific space will depend on personal preference and the amount of natural light in the room.

5. How do I choose the right color for my living and dining rooms?

Start by considering the overall style and feel you want in the room, as well as any existing furniture or decor. You can also take inspiration from your favorite colors, patterns, or themes. It's always a good idea to test paint samples on the walls before committing to a color.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat