• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interior Decorating/Painting Ideas

In summary, there are several affordable ways to update the look of a room, such as adding a fresh coat of paint, rearranging furniture, or incorporating DIY projects. When choosing a color palette, consider the mood and atmosphere you want to create and take inspiration from existing elements in the room. To incorporate patterns and textures, mix different styles and scales through decorative accents. To make a small space look bigger, choose light and neutral colors, use mirrors, and avoid clutter. Adding personality to a room can be done through personal items, unique pieces of furniture or artwork, and accent pieces like pillows or rugs.
babywings76
Gold Member
I soooo am not good at this stuff. I know what I like when I see it, but to start with white walls and all this potential, I just don't know what to do.

We have a brand new house that we built well, now it's almost 2 yrs I guess. We haven't done any painting or real decorating yet cause I just don't know what style I like.

Are there any websites or anything that helps give ideas to ways to decorate or pick paint colors?

I can't afford to buy tons of magazines and sift through them all. None of my friends have any decorating magazines either.

Tomorrow we are going to go to Home Depot and Lowes and just grab every single swatch or layout handout things they have.

Behr paint has a great tool on their site...you pick your room and set up and then add colors (from their site or the #s of colors from the swatches).

LOVE IT!! Used it for our living room -- it's "Iced Tea" and "Cardboard" with a "Buttercream" ceiling -- YUM!

This is a pic of it before we added a rug and other small deco pieces.

Attachments

• Livingroom 3.jpg
    Livingroom 3.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 347
  • Livingroom 2.jpg
    Livingroom 2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 310

Related to Interior Decorating/Painting Ideas

1. What are some affordable ways to update the look of a room?

One affordable way to update the look of a room is by adding a fresh coat of paint. Another option is to rearrange furniture or add new decorative elements such as throw pillows or curtains. You can also incorporate DIY projects like creating a gallery wall or painting old furniture.

2. How do I choose the right color palette for a room?

When choosing a color palette for a room, consider the mood and atmosphere you want to create. Warm colors like red, orange, and yellow can create a cozy and inviting feel, while cool colors like blue, green, and purple can create a calming and serene atmosphere. You can also take inspiration from existing elements in the room, such as furniture or artwork, to help guide your color choices.

3. What is the best way to incorporate patterns and textures into a room?

Mixing patterns and textures can add depth and visual interest to a room. Start by choosing a main pattern, such as a bold floral or geometric print, and then select complementary patterns and textures that are different in scale and style. You can incorporate these elements through throw pillows, rugs, curtains, and other decorative accents.

4. How can I make a small space look bigger?

To make a small space look bigger, choose light and neutral colors for the walls and furniture. This can create the illusion of more space. You can also use mirrors to reflect light and make the room feel more open. Avoid clutter and choose multi-functional furniture to maximize space.

5. What are some creative ways to add personality to a room?

There are many creative ways to add personality to a room. You can incorporate personal items and mementos, such as family photos or travel souvenirs, into the decor. Use unique pieces of furniture or artwork to make a statement. You can also add a pop of color or pattern with accent pieces like pillows, rugs, or curtains.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • cat
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SilverCeladon
  • tiffanypatton79