• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

SOS! How to Remove Cola Stains from Upholstered Chairs - Quick Solution

In summary, the individual knocked an unopened 2L of cola off of an overhead cupboard, which caused the soda to spray everywhere. The individual has cleaned the floors and surfaces the soda sprayed on, but is still concerned about getting the stains off of their new dining table and chairs.
peichef
I am soooo upset right now. About 20 minutes ago I knocked an unopened 2L of cola from an overhead cupboard. It exploded everywhere. Ceiling, floor, kitchen, dining area, living room, cupboard, appliances, even all over my new dining table & chairs -- which are upholstered.

I have Scrubbed the floors. I know I'll have to do them again.
But HOW DO I GET COLA STAINS OFF MY UPHOLSTERED CHAIRS!!!

Please say a quick prayer for me b/c I am covered in soda (down my neck & back from when it fell form the cupboard, my house is a sticky mess & I can't seem to get the stains out. I need to start making supper & I just want to cry.

Spot Shot. Test it first, but it should work.

I just found this. Hope is helped. Grab a Microfiber towel!!Often spills will bead up or stay on the outside of the yarns. Slowly place an absorbent towel on top of the spill. Many times the liquid will be more attracted to the towel than the textile it was spilled on. Avoid pushing a substance on the surface deeper into the fiber.The magic word is blot. Aggressive rubbing can permanently distort some textile fibers. *Do not rinse upholstery with water unless the there is a consumer spot cleaning label on the upholstered piece which states it is safe to use water. ( W or SW means safe with water.)If the spill occurs on carpet, it is usually safe to carefully use water to rinse the residue from the fibers. Blot with an absorbent towel to remove the rinsing water

First off, smile!! Do you know how funny it's going to be later or maybe when you have a drink in ya? I know it's not now, believe me!! Do you have any oxy clean?

Kristi
I'll have to take your word for it b/c right now I just want to cry. Every time I think I've got it all I find another disaster zone.
I am so sticky right now. The soda sprayed the floor & walls of my hallway, too. My kids have been banished to the basement, but they'll have to come up for supper :) I am most worried about my beautiful chairs. I know it's just stuff, but my Dh will be so upset when he sees it.
Ick. just touched my face and felt another sticky zone.

trust me you will never laugh about it.
we hosted a Christmas party in the first house we built (moved in mid- Oct) and a friend bumped a 2 ltr Dr. Pepper on the edge of the cabinet it fell off and exploded too it kept bouncing and spewing I had it on my new blinds, custom made curtains, all the walls were covered, my flocked Christmas tree that was in my kitchen window and all my ornaments all the gifts, pictures on the walls everything who would have ever thought one little bottle could splatter so much

thanks Teresa
Did you ever get the Dr Pepper stains out?I just took a bath -- surprised the water didn't turn colour, based on the stain on my t-shirt. I feel a little more human again :)post-bath, I scrubbed the floors again. Found a couple of spots I missed.Still feel like I need a good cry. I know it's a silly thing & I will likely laugh about it one day, but I am so tired. It's rained here most of the week. My DH is pretty much never here & presently has his cellphone turned off (always has it off when I need a shoulder to cry on). Summers are just tough due to his work.
I know the fruit flies will love me :) I'm sure I'll come down to a kitchen full of them tomorrow, no matter how hard I scrub.

Take a cup and fill it half way with cider vinegar, add a couple drops of dish detergent and set it out, the fruit flies will be attracted to it and then drown!!!!

thanks shawna.I will definitely do that.

Soda Stains on Car Upholstery

I just did a google search and found this...hope it helps. Even though it says car upholstery, it sounds as if it would work on a furniture piece too. I am "ugh"ing for you.

My daughter put a can Dr. Pepper in the freezer to let it get slushy. Needless to say, she forgot it and opened the freezer and it had exploded. It looked like someone had threw up in there. The soda was everywhere and I am still months later when I take something out I find a few more spots of it. I couldn't believe it made such a mess and was soo hard to clean up.

Okay. Here's the update. Seems like the stains came out from my chairs. (I also googled it & used vinegar to sponge it out).
Crissy, your story is very similar to what my parents said when I called to whine to them. Apparently my mom left a can of soda in the car & it froze & exploded EVERYWHERE in the car.
I have scrubbed the floors 3 times & am still finding sticky spots. The rest of the clean up will wait til tomorrow b/c I am spent!

I'm considering never buying soda again after reading this. I feel for you. I've knocked soda over on my desk at work and it was a major pain to clean too. Go ahead and cry, a good cry will make you feel better. It's good that you're alone too so you can let it all out.

Me too I am begining to wonder if it isn't worth having if it makes this much of a mess.

Just buy lemon-lime and diet...no stain, no sticky!!

peichef said:
Okay. Here's the update. Seems like the stains came out from my chairs. (I also googled it & used vinegar to sponge it out).
Crissy, your story is very similar to what my parents said when I called to whine to them. Apparently my mom left a can of soda in the car & it froze & exploded EVERYWHERE in the car.
I have scrubbed the floors 3 times & am still finding sticky spots. The rest of the clean up will wait til tomorrow b/c I am spent!

So glad to hear you are making headway.

1. How can I quickly chop vegetables for a last-minute meal?

The Pampered Chef Food Chopper is a great tool for quickly chopping vegetables. Simply place the vegetables inside the chopper and press down on the plunger to chop them into small, uniform pieces.

2. What can I do to save a dish that has turned out too spicy?

The Pampered Chef Quick Cooker is perfect for reducing the spiciness of a dish. Simply add some broth or coconut milk to the dish and cook it in the Quick Cooker on high pressure for a few minutes to mellow out the flavors.

3. How can I make a dessert in a hurry?

The Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker is a great tool for making quick and delicious desserts. You can use it to make a variety of cakes, cobblers, and even cheesecakes in just a few minutes in the microwave.

4. What's the best way to clean my Pampered Chef stoneware?

The best way to clean Pampered Chef stoneware is to use a nylon scraper or the scraper that came with your stoneware to remove any food residue. Then, rinse the stoneware with warm water and let it air dry. Do not use soap or soak the stoneware, as this can damage the seasoning.

5. How can I quickly thaw frozen meat?

The Pampered Chef Quick Defrost Tray is perfect for quickly thawing frozen meat. Simply place the meat on the tray and the innovative design will help it defrost in half the time of traditional thawing methods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • fallonp321