• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Outdated Catalogs: To Use or Not to Use at Fairs? Seeking Opinions.

In summary, using old catalogs at a vendor fair is a good idea. They will still be useful to people and will not go to waste.
cat
Gold Member
Just need opinions...

I have S/S 05 and F/W 05 catalogs left and I was wondering if you think those are TOO OLD to give out at fairs? I was talking to my MIL (My BIGGEST SUPPORTER!:D :D ) and she thinks I shouldn't use them..

What do you think?

I have a vendor fair coming up next month, so I'm trying to decide what to use. I only have a couple of F/W 06 catalogs left. Didn't wanna give out the NEW S/S 07 catalogs!!

Use them!I always use old catalogs at fairs! I put a mailing label on the front lower right corner that says, "I'm sorry! This catalog is outdated, but it will give you a good idea of what The Pampered Chef has to offer! If you like what you see, call me for an updated catalog or to schedule your show!!" Then it has my name and number on the label.

I wouldn't worry about using the old catalogs because if you use a similar label, anyone picking the catalog up will know that the products may have changed. Good luck with your fair!

What an EXCELLENT idea using the outdated catalogs

Good idea. I often use older catalogs at fairs/festivals, but I usually use the just-passed season. I can't see any real harm in using ones that are a bit older, especially if you have a big, visible label on the front like Brandie does.Hey, Brandie! Glad you're here.

I just did a bridal fair a week or so ago, and I used SS05 books. Nobody seemed to care. I had the sticker on the front (I use a big 3"x4" shipping label for the old catalog poem), and as I handed it to them, I would tell them, "This is an old book, but it will give you an idea of the types of products we sell."

I always give out old ones at fairs

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were wondering if YOU were too old to do fairs, LMAO!! I have used catalogs that were two seasons old, I really don't think it matters because 99% of people won't call you anyway...

gilliandanielle said:
When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were wondering if YOU were too old to do fairs, LMAO!! I have used catalogs that were two seasons old, I really don't think it matters because 99% of people won't call you anyway...
LOL!!! Great minds think alike. That is totally what I thought!!!

raebates said:
Good idea. I often use older catalogs at fairs/festivals, but I usually use the just-passed season. I can't see any real harm in using ones that are a bit older, especially if you have a big, visible label on the front like Brandie does.

Hey, Brandie! Glad you're here.

Exactly! I always use the just-passed season, but these are from 3 and 4 seasons ago, so I was afraid people might get annoyed if they call and 1/2 the items they want aren't available! But I like the BIG label idea...I usually only put a small 1x2 inch label on it.

gilliandanielle said:

I thought about that when I named the thread and then figured , well, it might get some attention then! :D

I thought the same thing Cat & saw that you were the thread starter. I thought you were going crazy today!

pamperedalf said:
I thought the same thing Cat & saw that you were the thread starter. I thought you were going crazy today!

LOL..sometimes, I do feel like I'm going crazy!

Related to Outdated Catalogs: To Use or Not to Use at Fairs? Seeking Opinions.

1. What age is considered "too old" for fairs and booths?

There is no specific age that is considered "too old" for fairs and booths. As long as you are physically able to work and enjoy the events, you can continue participating at any age.

2. Is it worth it for older individuals to participate in fairs and booths?

Absolutely! Fairs and booths are a great opportunity for people of all ages to showcase their products and connect with potential customers. Plus, it can be a fun and social experience for older individuals.

3. Are there any accommodations for older individuals at fairs and booths?

Many fairs and booths offer accommodations for older individuals, such as handicap access and reserved parking. You can also reach out to the event organizers to inquire about any specific accommodations you may need.

4. Can older individuals still be successful at fairs and booths?

Age should not be a factor in determining success at fairs and booths. As long as you have a great product and are able to effectively market it, you can be successful at any age.

5. Are there any tips for older individuals participating in fairs and booths?

Some helpful tips for older individuals at fairs and booths include wearing comfortable shoes, taking breaks when needed, and having a helper to assist with set-up and tear-down if necessary. It's also important to have a positive attitude and enjoy the experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Brandie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
  • ginamkiely