• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ouick Question for All You L Travelers?????

In summary, the CTA station at Midway is easy to find, and the Orange Line is easy to follow the signs to. The Sheraton is east of all the train lines, but you can then hop a bus or pick up a cab once you get off the train. Check out www.transitchicago.com for more information.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
I have never taken the L from Midway before, is it hard to find? It says the CTA station at midway, they should have signs right? O'hare was easy I am hoping that midway would be the same just follow the signs.

TIA for everyone's great responses.....:D

pamperedalf said:
I have never taken the L from Midway before, is it hard to find? It says the CTA station at midway, they should have signs right? O'hare was easy I am hoping that midway would be the same just follow the signs.TIA for everyone's great responses.....:D
Yep, just follow the signs for the ORANGE LINE. And if you get lost, just ask someone.

Deb I knew you would respond 1st, you are so good. That's what I thought but wasn't too sure. Thanks for being so quick!!

It's easy peasey

you'll have no problem. My 1st year I flew in alone and took the L to Palmer House. I have a terrible sense of direction and I had no problems. :)

It's WAY easier than from O'Hare. You literally walk to the end of the airport (very short walk), and get on the train, the line ends at the airport. It's the Orange Line. Super easy.

I thought someone said the EL wasn't going to be running while we're there. If I remember correctly it doesn't really get close to the Sheraton. I like taking the train.

the EL runs all the time. There is currently construction on the Blue Line from O'Hare but it's still running.The Sheraton is east of all the train lines, but you can then hop a bus or pick up a cab once you get off the train.Check out www.transitchicago.com

It's easy, but keep in mind of where it lets off compared to your hotel. I know one time we walked for blocks before we hit the hotel. Also, conference 2 has lots of rain expected Sunday and Monday. If that is the case the shuttle might end up being what's needed. A fellow director sent me this link today:

10 Day Weather Forecast for Chicago, IL - weather.com

Weather.com is notoriously incorrect for Chicago weather--seriously. Especially a week out.

The train station is .2 miles from our new hotel. I hadn't changed my sig yet. basically 6 blocks from the Sheraton.I will check the weather right before we leave.

I am planning on taking the EL - I have never done it and always wanted to do it!!! I guess it is only 1 block from the station to the Palmer House!! I am excited!!

When you hit the sidewalk (down from the platform) turn (your head) RIGHT, and you'll see Palmer House it practically slaps you in the face. :)

1. How do I pack efficiently for a trip?

The key to efficient packing is to plan ahead and make a list of essentials. Choose versatile clothing items that can be mixed and matched, and roll your clothes to save space. Use packing cubes or compression bags to further maximize space. Don't forget to leave room for souvenirs!

2. What is the best way to save money on flights?

Booking in advance and being flexible with your travel dates can often result in cheaper flights. It's also a good idea to sign up for airline newsletters and follow them on social media to stay updated on sales and promotions. Additionally, consider flying during off-peak times or choosing budget airlines.

3. How can I stay safe while traveling?

Research your destination and be aware of any potential safety concerns. Keep important documents and valuables in a secure location, and avoid carrying large sums of cash. Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts. It's also recommended to purchase travel insurance for added protection.

4. What is the best way to plan an itinerary?

Start by making a list of must-see attractions and activities, then group them by location to minimize travel time. Research the opening hours and entrance fees of each site, and consider pre-booking tickets to skip the lines. Leave some flexibility in your schedule for unexpected adventures or relaxation.

5. How can I stay connected while traveling abroad?

Before your trip, check with your mobile provider about international plans and roaming charges. You can also purchase a local SIM card or use free Wi-Fi at cafes and accommodations. Alternatively, consider downloading offline maps and communication apps such as WhatsApp or Skype.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies