• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ouch, That Hurt... Just Gave up a Lead!

In summary, the high bidder on both the special lids and the regular lids on eBay received an email informing them that the special lids were available for less and that the regular lids were on guest special this month. The high bidder on the special lids emailed the high bidder on the regular lids to ask if she could order them directly and pay the shipping fee. The high bidder on the regular lids replied that she had been trying to get hold of them for "absolute ages" and that she would appreciate any information the high bidder might have. The high bidder on the regular lids replied to the high bidder on the special lids and asked where she could find more information about becoming a
britishchef
I was looking at stuff on eBay and saw someone selling the plastic stoneware lids for far more than the special this month (£2.50). So I emailed the high bidder on both, here is the exchange:

Me to her:
Just thought you should know that you can buy these lids from a local Pampered Chef consultant for only £2.50 each, no shipping. I hate to see people being ripped off!

Her to me:
Thanks for letting me know that. I have been trying to get hold of them for absolutely ages and the only consultant I know says that they have been discontinued. Do you happen to know of anyone that can get hold of them? I really appreciate you letting me know this. Thank you. Maxine x

No, they're being discontinued this coming catalog but they're on guest special this month. If you go to www.pamperedchef.com and click on "Locate a Consultant" I think it is, they will put you in touch with your local consultant. :)

Thank you so much. I have done just that and saved some money too! Great

No problem. :) I'm a consultant myself and I just HATE to see people getting scalped! It's totally against Pampered Chef rules to sell on eBay but people do it anyway and it really annoys me.

Take care!

Would it be at all possible to order these from you and pay the direct shipping fee? I would really appreciate it if this is at all possible? I am looking to become a Pampered Chef consultant too as I love the products. Maxine. You could email me if thats easier: (email address)

It would be better if you went through the Pampered Chef site directly, much as I hate to turn down a 'lead'. I didn't message you so that I could get a sale or tell you more about the business, and that's probably how it would come across! :) I hope you understand.

There's a great site to get info, it costs $5 (about £2.50) to sign up but is packed full of info if you're thinking about the business. The website is http://www.chefsuccess.com

Best of luck!

Did I say the right thing?

I think you did exactly the right thing. This person will always remember you as helpful and honest. You have reflected well on all of us consultants. I just hope this person joins us here.

AMBER!!!! She asked YOU!!!!! Honey, email her back and let her know you would love to talk more about her becoming a consultant. You were just not sure because of the way you contacted her but your friends on that wonderful site slapped you upside the head!!!

Oh my goodness Amber!!! I would email her back and ask her where she is and let her know that you had a brain fart and would love to help her get started! ;) She ASKED YOU!!!

But what if that is considered advertising on eBay? They still haven't cleared up the whole accusing me of that and I do NOT want to break the rules.

That's not advertising, honey! Email her back and see if you can get her any info.....I wouldn't think that was considered advertising, if you were emailing questions back and forth....go get her!!!!

OK, I e-mailed her... I'm just gunshy after the accusations, that's all. I'll let you know if I hear back.

I have a bad feeling about all this. Ugh. I just can't help wondering if I should have kept quiet!

britishchef said:
I have a bad feeling about all this. Ugh. I just can't help wondering if I should have kept quiet!
You didn't do anything wrong... Don't sweat it. :cool:

See, I fell into the whole paranoia surrounding ebay. You cheffers have convinced me. Go for it, Amber!

It's just that she hasn't replied yet... that's why I'm nervous. I'm just a little paranoid OK? LOL.

Amber, don't be nervous.......try not to be too paranoid...sometimes people are online, and have other things to do...might not log back on for HOURS!
Take a deep breath and relax! You did nothing wrong!! smile and keep on keepin'on!!!

Amber you did nothing wrong! You didn't say I can sell it to you for less. You just let her know that pc has them available and then she aske YOU! Don't worry!!

Oh my gosh Amber I was going to freak out! lol. I think you did a awesome thing. She asked you on how to become a consultant, honey get her started!!! :D Then tell her, no selling on ebay . ;)

Amber in the US the covers were discontinued last summer when the fall catalog came out. You may be her only way to get them reasonably priced!

I completely forgot about that, Harriet. Thanks for the reminder.

No problem, Rae. I just realized it after reading the thread and went back to make sure everyone knew that. I wish they still had them to sell. I love mine and use if often. Seems that lots of things that I have are not available in the same look anymore!

She is in the UK so she can still get them. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

Well, I never heard from her... :(

That's too bad Amber!

It was to good to be true!!

That's why I was so hesitant! Oh well.

Just let it go and if she contacts you again, you know what to do!

I agree with Kate. Oh well, it did seem too wonderful!

I'm sorry! Hey, maybe she's out of town or something???;)

Hi Amber, I am an American Consultant here in the UK..I was wondering about buying the lids from you since we can no longer purchase them.

[email protected]

Are you in the UK right now Michelle?

Yes, I live near Cambridge.

Are you in the armed forces? And that's how you're a US consultant here? :)I can put in a direct order for the lids for you, if you like. I'll just have to date it January.

ya my husband is in the military. That would be great. THANKS>>>

1. "Can I buy these lids from a local Pampered Chef consultant for less than what is being sold on eBay?"

Yes, you can purchase these lids for only £2.50 each from a local Pampered Chef consultant. This is the current guest special for the month. It is recommended to go through the official Pampered Chef website to locate a consultant in your area.

2. "Are these lids being discontinued?"

Yes, these lids will be discontinued in the upcoming catalog. However, they are still available for purchase through the current guest special on the Pampered Chef website.

3. "Is there a way to order these lids directly from you and pay for shipping?"

While it is possible for you to order these lids directly from me, it is recommended to go through the official Pampered Chef website to ensure a smooth transaction. As a consultant, I must follow company rules and policies, which includes not selling on eBay.

4. "Is there any information or resources available if I am interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?"

Yes, there is a website called chefsuccess.com that provides valuable information for those interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant. However, there is a sign-up fee of $5 (about £2.50) to access the information.

5. "Did I respond appropriately in this situation?"

Yes, you handled the situation well by informing the high bidder of the availability of the lids for a lower price and directing them to the official Pampered Chef website. It is important to follow company rules and policies and not promote sales through unofficial channels such as eBay.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef131doreen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • gratergirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies