• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Other Ds Hostcoaching or Lack Of!

In summary, it seems like it might be unusual for DS companies not to send tips sheets or calls or emails on how to have a succesful show. It just seems odd they don't send anything.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok, I sorta had a catalog show with MK that we switched to an open house, and I am also having a CTMH show and suprisingly neither of them host coach! Is it unusual not to do this in DS companies? It just seems odd they don't send any tips sheets or calls or emails on how to have a succesful show!!!! And the 1 MK gal who was supposed to do a cooking show with me said how great it was that I host coached- DUH!!!

Anyone one else notice other DS companies who do not Host coach?

I sold House of Lloyd (Christmas Around the World) years ago. No host coaching. I held a Tupperware party for a friend. No host coaching.

Hmm, interesting! No wonder we have the highest Show average in the DS world!

I have hosted MK and Traveling Vineyard in the past 6 months. No host coaching. I actually had to call THEM to ask questions!

I had held two other DS company home shows recently: AHA and CM. Neither did any "real" host coaching. I was really dumb-founded! I didn't hear from my CM rep until the afternoon of the show and by then I had lost all enthusiasm. It was a great teaching moment for me!

Mary

Arbonne seemed to have a lot of host coaching (did a show about 6 months ago).

Yeah, I had like a mill. ??? for the CTMH rep, she said she would mail out a host pak for extra catalogs and order forms last week and still nothing! This just blows me away quite honestly! Hearing that other DS companies don't host coach.

I just did a Silpada party last week and I found the same thing. She had a sheet tucked into one of the catalogs that said to over-invite, but that was the extent of it. I kinda just thought it was because she knew I was DS and would know what to do... After reading this thread, I'm thinking maybe not though!!!!

I've had MK parties with two diffrent MK ladies and none ever host coached. I've also had party lite and you guessed it - no host coaching

I also used to have PC every year, before I sold, and my consultant always host coached and those were always my biggest parties. I wonder why?

My friend is a MK rep and she is doing a show for me March 15 and I sent her all the information to do e-invites on the website along with a regular packet and cards and have talked to her numerous times. She is SOOO excited for her show and seems to love our set-up and coaching.

Well, we all know how my PL host coaching was NON EXISTANT! I am taking a poll on how long she lasts.

yummy4tummy said:
Well, we all know how my PL host coaching was NON EXISTANT! I am taking a poll on how long she lasts.

LOL! ...and customer service was non-existent too? :)

janetupnorth said:
Arbonne seemed to have a lot of host coaching (did a show about 6 months ago).
That's funny because I had a show two months ago & no host coaching. I didn't have catalogs before the show & had no idea of the host benefits. I was going to take a catalog to my husband's office but didn't when I didn't have any catalogs to take!

yummy4tummy said:

Did you ever hear anything back from her Director?

That's funny, because I had booked a show with one consultant a few months out and I actually FORGOT about it! She called me like 3 days before and I felt like a big jerk, but I thought to myself, "it's kind of her own durn fault" I also have been invited to numerous parties in the neighborhood and have NEVER gotten a reminder call. I make SO sure to tell my hosts to do reminder calls!

I think in some companies it must depend on the rep. Maybe they personally determine to do "host coaching" after seeing how PC does things.

I love my MK gal but they really have no clue about host coaching...
I tried to coach her but you all know how that can go....
She had had a PC show a few years before with someone else, It was a really good show I guess she had alot of people. Now for her show with me last sept, I told her to over invite .... the whole shpiel (sp?) she sent me like 20 names. I asked her to think bigger. SHe said "oh its ok... My last show I had lots so I know they will come".... She had 3 guests and is dissapointed.... ended up being ok at just over $400.
I said I would do a show with her if we could make it a spa type show. My friends are not big into makeup. Sure.... We set a date 2 months out (at my urging to make it easier to for my show scheduling) 1 month out never hear from her... 3 weeks nothing..and so on... 2 days before the show date she calls.... "OMgosh I totally forgot about your show!" I said ok we will just reschedule. I ask her to call me in a few days so I can work out my schedule... she NEVER calls till 3 weeks later..... Long story short..She is missing out!

I did a Premier Jewelry party and NO host coaching. I guess since they know we're in direct sales, we know how to do it? I'm not sure what the deal is!

Don't make me laugh!
cmdtrgd said:
Did you ever hear anything back from her Director?

Not a word! But I really didn't expect to as she is a total UNPROFESSIONAL airhead. She was the one that talked on her cellphone for over 20 minutes while I was trying to "check out". So I guess she is leading by example?

I had to contact PL myself about my shipment that was damaged in transit. A) they said that had I not contacted them that the wait would have been a lot longer and B) PLG had the wrong delivery address down which is odd because I had already received 1 of the 2 boxes.

I did get the new box yesterday FINALLY but get this...UPS delivered it to the next street up from me (same house number but TOTALLY different street name). I am so done and glad it is over!

ok, update..... I am 1 day from my CTMH party and not 1 email! I had to email her to confirm: head count, demo space, what to serve for food, and she only gave me 1 catalog and 0 postcards to hand out!!!! OH MY is all I have to say! How in the world do her parties average $400!!!!???? It just blows me away so many DS companies don't HC!!!!

I had mention this in another thread... that I did a party exchange with a CTMH consultant and I was shocked no host coaching what so ever... no phone calls no nothing.... and then NO one came ot my show.. I am so upset!!!

Do you have any guest confirming that they are coming to the show?

I would be a little put off about it.. I did one and I was very put off about it..

heat123 said:
ok, update..... I am 1 day from my CTMH party and not 1 email! I had to email her to confirm: head count, demo space, what to serve for food, and she only gave me 1 catalog and 0 postcards to hand out!!!! OH MY is all I have to say! How in the world do her parties average $400!!!!???? It just blows me away so many DS companies don't HC!!!!

Well she just called me to say she will not be there.... sick with a sinus infection so she is going to have her upline do it??? I was really only doing it as a show swap favor so whether or not I even qualify didn't matter to me as far as host rewards, which BTW I have no idea what I will be receiving since I had no paperwork outlining anything!

I do have 8 people who have rsvp'd so will see how it goes?? I was tempted to just cancel all together but then I wanted to see how different DS run the show! So will see>

Wow! Crazy, right? I love CTMH products though, so enjoy! :D

ok....I can't stand it anymore.....what is CTMH?????

close to my heart, stamping and scrapbooking co.

CTMH Recap: Well I had my party, only 4 guests show of 8 expected and this fill in Rep (stepped in last min. for my consultant cause she was sick) leaves my party with out giving me my Host copy of orders, (how am I supposed to sort the packages when they arrrive?) , doesn't tell me at what level I am at before she leaves, then I ask her to leave catalogs and order forms, she leaves 1 catalog and 0 order forms to pass around at my bunco monday!!! Yikes, it's a wonder how they get referrals or repeat customers??? So now I have to contact her to see how much more I need to qualify my show?!!! Umm HELLOOOOOOO! Strange I tell ya! Anyways, that's my story!

Now let me ask you this....... what would you do differnt the next time if you were asked to host a CTMH party again??

Can't say I would do it again with this rep but may consider it for the original gal who was supposed to do it to giver her another chance as she is a pretty good PC customer for me!

Heather - Did you love the stuff??
I am ADDICTED to CTMH!!

I do like it but I know I will buy alot and hardly use it. I tend to do this with all my scrapbookings stuff LOL. Cute stamps and papers though! I want to start making cards, those are really cute!

Totally. I really like the Paper Kits for scrapbooking....love that all the stuff coordinates!

Partylite is the only other DS that I have met besides PC. And its my sorority sister is the consultant and she definitely host coaches but not as much as PC recommends. She goes over everything with you and helps you make your list and then calls you once or twice i think.

Interesting to note all the different DS companies and how they run!

On a side note: for CTMH's host rewards they offer just STRAIT FREE product Min. of $149 to qualify as a show and nothing else!
The specials they offer I have to purchase as a Guest so any buy 2 get 1 FREEs or the Stamp of the month only qualifies under a guest purchase. Bummer so I have to pay for guests shipping too! :( Anyways that's the recap of my show!

heat123 said:
Yeah, I had like a mill. ??? for the CTMH rep, she said she would mail out a host pak for extra catalogs and order forms last week and still nothing! This just blows me away quite honestly! Hearing that other DS companies don't host coach.
Sorry, what is CTMH?

Related to Other Ds Hostcoaching or Lack Of!

1. Is it unusual for DS companies to not provide host coaching for their consultants?

While it may vary from company to company, it is not uncommon for direct sales companies to not offer host coaching as part of their consultant training. This is often left up to the individual consultants to handle on their own.

2. What do you mean by "host coaching"?

Host coaching refers to the process of providing support and guidance to a party host in order to help them have a successful event. This can include tips on inviting guests, setting up for the event, and maximizing sales and bookings.

3. What can I do if my company does not offer host coaching?

If host coaching is not part of your company's training, you can reach out to your upline or other experienced consultants for guidance and advice. You can also do your own research and develop your own host coaching strategies.

4. Why is host coaching important?

Host coaching is important because it helps ensure a successful event for both the host and the consultant. By providing guidance and support, the host is more likely to have a positive experience and be motivated to book future parties, while the consultant can increase sales and bookings.

5. Have you noticed other DS companies that do not offer host coaching?

As a consultant for Pampered Chef, I have not personally encountered any other DS companies that do not offer host coaching. However, it is possible that some companies may leave this aspect of party planning up to the individual consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • pcchefjane
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies