• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Combining Shows With Other Ds Companies

In summary, the conversation revolves around combining different direct sales companies for a show and how it affects sales and policies. Some consultants have had positive experiences with it, while others have had disappointing results. It is allowed as long as there are two separate consultants representing each company. However, it may dilute sales as guests have a set budget. The conversation also touches on the topic of offensive party names and personal preferences.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
I was at a booth a couple of weeks ago and there was a lady there who was having a "Christmas Shopping Showcase" on the 7th. She had a PC lady and she told me that the PC lady and a Consultant from "Pure Romance" combined their shows and called them, "Tongs and Thongs"! I was taken back because I thought that was poor taste. I looked at her and said, "You don't think people are offended by that?" She laughed and said, "Oh no, it's great fun!" Being a single woman in my 50s, if I happened to be invited to such a thing, I would be VERY offended.

Some of you who have been PC consultants for a while, is it against policy to combine Cooking Shows with other DS companies like this and advertise them together? I would think it would be unless it is like a "vendor booth" where the other companies are not demonstrating together.

The thing you have to remember is that guest come to a show with "X" amount of dollars they plan to spend. If you have more than one vendor, you will dilute your sales.
I don't think it is against any policies, I have a friend that does Cookie Lee, and we have done Open Houses together. The hope is that we will be introduced to new customers, and get bookings, but we usually have disappointing sales.

there is nothing against it in our policies. I used to combine shows with a Tastefully Simple rep quite often.I would not be offended by such a party name. It's all about what excites your crowd. I'm sure those ladies would be spending money enthusiastically.p.s. thong underwear often has nothing to do with sex. It's all about no panty lines!

Nothing wrong with working together as long as there are 2 consultants and you aren't personally representing both.On the advertising, I think it depends where it is being advertised and how. There may be some questions there. Like advertising other things on our websites.

as there are 2 consultants and you aren't personally representing both.

What if you were a consultant for 2 very different companies, like PC and a scrapbooking/stamping Co., why couldn't you do both??

Just curious.

Lisa

It's in the consultant agreement. We are not allowed to sell or promote anything else at our PC shows.

But if there is another consultant doing the selling and promoting of other stuff, it's OK.HOWEVER, I agree that it dillutes your sales. People have only so much to spend. If you combine with another product line, they will divide their money between the two of you. It is always disappointing.I've long heard the "party switch" hailed by people here and elsewhere, but I personally will NEVER EVER do this ... unless a) the consultant is someone I know well and b) I can get on board and have a reasonable shot at them having a good show. After recently being stabbed in the back by a consultant of another DS company, I would hesitate before ever doing this again.

I tried to do a show with a Surprise Party rep as my fall kickoff as The Ultimate Woman show - what a flop. Hardly anyone showed up, and the Surprise Party lady monopolized the show by talking about every item in her inventory in detail. I almost fell asleep!

I have also had my sales diluted by the presence of other DS companies.

In the future, I will try to avoid sharing unless it's a fair or holiday showcase.

Oh, and I am sorry you were offended by the title of the show and/or the other vendor's wares. Different people have different tastes.

1. How can I combine shows with other direct sales companies?

Combining shows with other direct sales companies is a great opportunity to increase your customer base and broaden your product offerings. The first step is to reach out to the other company and discuss the possibility of collaborating. Once you have their approval, you can coordinate schedules and decide on the logistics of the combined show.

2. Can I offer products from both companies at the combined show?

Yes, you can offer products from both companies at the combined show. It is important to clearly communicate to your customers which products are from which company and how they can place orders. This can be done through separate order forms or by having representatives from each company present at the show.

3. How will the sales and commissions be divided between the two companies?

The sales and commissions will typically be divided based on the agreement made between the two companies. This can vary depending on factors such as the products being sold and the size of each company's customer base. It is important to have a clear understanding of the division of sales and commissions before the combined show takes place.

4. Are there any restrictions on which direct sales companies I can combine shows with?

There may be restrictions on which direct sales companies you can combine shows with, as some companies have non-compete clauses in their contracts. It is important to check with your company's policies and the policies of the other company before planning a combined show.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef consultant discount on products from the other direct sales company?

No, your Pampered Chef consultant discount can only be used on Pampered Chef products. You will need to make separate purchases for products from the other direct sales company. However, you may be able to negotiate a discount or special offer for Pampered Chef customers who also purchase products from the other company at the combined show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies