• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

OT Stands for Off Topic - A Lesson Learned

In summary, "OT" stands for "off-topic" and is commonly used in online forums and discussions. Staying on topic in discussions or meetings is important for maintaining focus, productivity, and respect for others. If a conversation goes off track, it can be politely redirected by acknowledging the off-topic discussion and refocusing on the original topic. Some common reasons for discussions or meetings going off topic include lack of preparation, unclear agendas, interruptions, and personal agendas. While discussing off-topic subjects can have benefits such as building rapport and providing a break from intense discussions, it's important to ensure that it doesn't take up too much time or completely derail the purpose of the discussion or meeting.
trps
Silver Member
I kept thinking OT stood for overtime and couldn't figure why people were always saying they had overtime then discussing something off that topic now I know they are off topic.

:) I love internet acronyms... but they sure are confusing!

Saw a guy one day with a shirt that said "RTFM" - a rather famous acronym for "Read the F****** manual" - turns out it was his initials. :eek:

What's KWIM mean? I see that alot....at least I think that's the order they go in :)

jmichie82 said:
What's KWIM mean? I see that alot....at least I think that's the order they go in :)

It means "Know What I Mean."

Know What I Mean :)

Know what I mean
I know there are a few that i dont know I jsut skip it

Great minds think alike Jennifer :)

We all posted at the exact same time

Yeah, it's funny that we all hit "post" at the exact same time. :)

jenniferp417 said:
Yeah, it's funny that we all hit "post" at the exact same time. :)

Thanks! I can usually figure them out but that was TOTALLY stumping me! Maybe I need a teenager to help me out!

Check out that link I posted - that will help a lot! :)

jenniferp417 said:
Check out that link I posted - that will help a lot! :)

YIKES :eek: I just did...my head hurts trying to remember all of them, KWIM? Hee hee :D

Just bookmark it - then you can look up the ones that puzzle you.I still get stumped by acronyms every so often, and I've been on the 'net since '94. Google is my best friend.

Related to OT Stands for Off Topic - A Lesson Learned

What is the meaning of "OT" in the phrase "OT Stands for Off Topic - A Lesson Learned"?

The abbreviation "OT" stands for "off-topic." It is commonly used in online forums and discussions to indicate that the current topic being discussed is not related to the original subject.

Why is it important to stay on topic in discussions or meetings?

Staying on topic ensures that the conversation or meeting stays focused and productive. It allows for efficient use of time and prevents important points from being overlooked. It also shows respect for others who may have prepared for the specific topic being discussed.

How can one politely steer a conversation back to the original topic if it has gone off track?

One way to politely steer a conversation back on track is to acknowledge the off-topic discussion and then redirect the conversation by saying something like, "That's an interesting point, but let's get back to our original topic." It's important to remain respectful and avoid being confrontational.

What are some common reasons why discussions or meetings tend to go off topic?

Some common reasons for discussions or meetings going off topic include lack of preparation, lack of a clear agenda, interruptions, and personal agendas. It's important for all participants to actively listen and stay focused on the purpose of the discussion or meeting.

Are there any benefits to discussing off-topic subjects in certain situations?

In some cases, discussing off-topic subjects can help build rapport and relationships among participants. It can also provide a break from intense or difficult discussions. However, it's important to make sure that the off-topic discussion does not take up too much time or completely derail the original purpose of the conversation or meeting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies