• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Orka Set of 2 Chip Makers w/ Mandolin - QVC

I wouldn't sell this and tell everyone how wonderfully it works on tomatoes. I have the video on my phone I'll try to post after while. In summary, the conversation is about a new chip maker product being released. Some users have received it and are excited to try it, while others are waiting for its official release date. There is also discussion about a replacement part for the product, with a confirmed release date of September 1st. Some users have also compared the chip maker to a similar product, the mandoline, and have shared their opinions on which one works better for certain foods.
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.CM_SCID.coll.item.K35527.desc.Orka-Set-of-2-Silicone-Microwave-Chip-Makers-wMandolin

nice.......

Has anyone got their chip maker yet?

It's supposed to start shipping 8/15 according to CC.

dying to get it and see how it works. Planning my fall around demoing it and want to play!

Me too!!!!!

Did you see that theres doesn't have a guard & it looks flimsy, can't wait to get mine! I love those Terra veggie chips, but they are high in fat,salt & calories. I'll be able to make my own fat free!!! :love0010:

Speaking of Mandoline... When can we order our replacement part? I was hoping to get it before my September parties.

cookingwithlove said:
Speaking of Mandoline... When can we order our replacement part? I was hoping to get it before my September parties.

I wish I knew! I called the Solution Center last week and they didn't know. I emailed the Test Kitchen and have not yet heard back from them.

September 1st. I can't remember where I read it but that is when we can order on the replacement parts... not before.

finley1991 said:
September 1st. I can't remember where I read it but that is when we can order on the replacement parts... not before.
They told us that at conference. I asked in the prodct room and they confirmed that we can't order it until September 1. Good thing is the simple slicer's holder is similar size so we can SAY it's available in this larger size for the mandoline.

bethcooks4u said:
Good thing is the simple slicer's holder is similar size so we can SAY it's available in this larger size for the mandoline.

I simply talked about it at my last party when I made fun of the round onions that wouldn't fit in the oval hole. I'm in no rush b/c I have been using my mandoline religiously at every show and now its just 'tweaked' to be a bit nicer.

I personally have no plans on taking the simple slicer to shows. I love the mandoline and sell it at full price at every show. I know its a love-hate relationship though that most have with it.

Just me .02.

**I do look forward though to getting the round holder so I don't have to chop the sides off of larger onions. :) **

Melissa, I am going to show both... it will add only a few minutes to the demo and I feel like I will sell both. Those that want to pay for the mandoline will because they will appreciate the value added feature and those that want a lower priced option will buy the slicer. I am doing a Chip, Dip and Sip show and came up with a $99 Deal for that show including the chip maker, slicer, etc.

The Ultimate Mandolin is going to be safer than the Simple Slicer as well. The holder will slide off the device leaving the blades exposed. I think it is more like our older USG. I like the "simple" aspect of it though.

Melissa78 said:
I simply talked about it at my last party when I made fun of the round onions that wouldn't fit in the oval hole. I'm in no rush b/c I have been using my mandoline religiously at every show and now its just 'tweaked' to be a bit nicer.

I personally have no plans on taking the simple slicer to shows. I love the mandoline and sell it at full price at every show. I know its a love-hate relationship though that most have with it.

Just me .02.

**I do look forward though to getting the round holder so I don't have to chop the sides off of larger onions. :) **[/QUOTE]

When is this supposed to happen. I remember hearing about it at Conference, but haven't heard anything since. I thought it would be in our Director Benefit box, but it wasn't.

Deb, in the above responses, several posters mentioned it is available 9/1 on replacement parts.

I tried the slicer that my upline had and it sliced a potato ultra thin...much thinner than the mandoline can. But I tried to slice homegrown Roma tomatoes the other day with it and it was NOT good...the mandoline for tomatoes!

baychef said:
I tried the slicer that my upline had and it sliced a potato ultra thin...much thinner than the mandoline can. But I tried to slice homegrown Roma tomatoes the other day with it and it was NOT good...the mandoline for tomatoes!

I tried a homegrown tomato today that wasn't over ripe. It worked best on the thickest blade. The thinest was a Horror! wouldn't even slice it!

pcjenni said:
Melissa, I am going to show both... it will add only a few minutes to the demo and I feel like I will sell both. Those that want to pay for the mandoline will because they will appreciate the value added feature and those that want a lower priced option will buy the slicer. I am doing a Chip, Dip and Sip show and came up with a $99 Deal for that show including the chip maker, slicer, etc.

I normally would take both however as everyone preaches take less, that leaves me thinking of leaving that behind. I still take the Chopper along with the MFP to give variety I guess variety in slicing tools too!

Mind sharing your 'bundle'? We're going to call you the Michael Reeves of Chip n Dips. :D

Ginger428 said:
I tried a homegrown tomato today that wasn't over ripe. It worked best on the thickest blade. The thinest was a Horror! wouldn't even slice it!

I am glad no one was watching!! I was flipping that blade every which way but even on the thick one I got juice and seeds!! Guess the tomato is more thick skinned than I am!

What kind of potatoes do you use with the new chip maker? Red or russet? Im at the store and don't remember.

I used yukon gold and they were great!

The simple slicer scares me to death, I had visions of a bleeding fingertip the whole time I was using it (via Ultimate Slice N Grate! flashback)... the whole thing felt really flimsy to me when I was using it.

almondfarm said:
The simple slicer scares me to death, I had visions of a bleeding fingertip the whole time I was using it (via Ultimate Slice N Grate! flashback)... the whole thing felt really flimsy to me when I was using it.

Even with using the Food Holder?

the "lip" that holds the food holder on seems very thin and for me it was awkward trying to keep it on and use the food holder..

When I tried using the food holder, it did not seem to push the potato off of the pins its on and the pins would hit the blade.

I too have the OLD UM and so I took off the guard and did my taters that way but like Lynette - I was having flashbacks of hitting my fingertips.

Still love my current UM. :)

One of my downline forwarded me an e-mail she received from Fancy Food Magazine (she's in culinary school). They have a blurb about the "TopChips Chips Maker". Here's what it said:

A Fat Free Potato Chip Maker
Mastrad is a company that offers stylish, functional and innovative culinary accessories. New to the Mastrad collection of products is the TopChips Chips Maker, which allows for the creation of light, crispy, fat-free chips in just minutes. Simply slice the vegetable/fruit of choice with the mini mandoline, place the slices on the silicone tray, put the tray in the microwave for 3 minutes and the result is a quick and delicious snack. The TopChips Chips Maker comes in two packages, one including a tray and mini mandoline and the other offering two trays (as they can be stacked in the microwave three at a time to make more chips at once).

Not even available in stores yet, this item was a hit at the NYIGF and was actually featured in a QVC segment a couple weeks ago in which we sold 5,000 units in less than an hour!

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 288
UGH... now SLT has it along with the slicer AND it's cheaper than QVC's price...

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-871442/Chip-Tray-with-Mandolin?om_u=Nsg4wY&om_i=_BOewciB8dfqTR6

Love the pic! Like you're ever going to be able to slice that apple with that mini food holder! I don't let this stuff get to me. At Sur La Table they can't get it free by hosting a show.

The SLT manodline looks cheesy and cheap

pcjenni said:
The SLT manodline looks cheesy and cheap

I totally agree! Which is odd because usually their stuff is really good quality and expensive. But with the $19 pp for both, you get what you pay for!

Sur La Table sells it now too--exact same one. I just got th email today. BTW, if you store the chips make sure you store them in an AIR TIGHT container. I had some leftover sweet potato chips in a baggie from yesterday and they are quite chewy. they were crisp yesterday.

1. What is included in the Orka Set of 2 Chip Makers with Mandolin?

The Orka Set of 2 Chip Makers includes two silicone microwave chip makers and a mandolin slicer. The chip makers are designed to create crispy, healthy chips in minutes, while the mandolin slicer allows for precise slicing of fruits and vegetables for the chips.

2. How do I use the Orka Chip Makers with Mandolin?

To use the Orka Chip Makers, simply slice your desired fruits or vegetables with the mandolin and place them on the chip maker. Microwave for a few minutes until the chips are crispy. Use the mandolin to slice evenly and the chip makers to cook the chips quickly and evenly.

3. Are the Orka Chip Makers dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the chip makers and the mandolin slicer are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, it is recommended to wash them by hand for longer lasting use.

4. Can I use the Orka Chip Makers for other types of food besides chips?

Yes, the Orka Chip Makers can also be used to make crispy snacks like sweet potato or zucchini fries, as well as to cook meats and seafood in the microwave. The mandolin slicer can also be used for slicing other types of food, such as cheese or deli meats.

5. Is the Orka Set of 2 Chip Makers with Mandolin safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the Orka Chip Makers are made of heat-resistant silicone and are safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to follow the instructions and cooking times provided for best results. It is also recommended to use oven mitts when handling the hot chip makers after microwaving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
krahema
  • Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gfreechef
  • nancycookspc