• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Scrap Booking Fans Have This?

In summary, the Slice Electronic Die Cut Machine is a great option for people who don't do a lot of scrapping because it is easier. It takes hardly any space and can handle more intricate software.
pampchefrhondab
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.F05189.desc.Slice-Electronic-Die-cut-Machine-wDesign-CardBlades-amp;-Mats

I was thinking about ordering it. I had been wanting a Cricut, but really don't do a lot of scrapping. I just want to make books for my children. I also like that this cutter takes hardly any space since I am very limited (well I have to keep room for more PC stuff:))!!

I read reviews on other sites that carry it - even found one cheaper for $119, but not on the easy pay - and they were really good.

Let me know if anyone has experience with it or what your thoughts are. Especially those who have the Cricut or other cutter.

I don't have that one but I have the "big shot" from Stampin up... my friend got me hooked so i signed up to sell stampin up just to get things for myself and the discount and it was worth it getting the big show I love how you can use it for many uses beside scrapbooking.

I've never seen the "big shot" I'll have to check it out. I've never been to a Stampin up party, but I really like Close To My Heart products.

I have a Cricut and for not that much extra, I'd really suggest it even if you do not do that much scrapbooking. You can get the personal Cricut at Walmart for $180. The good thing about it is you can type in a whole name or phrase and have it cut just like that - multiple shapes too. It is just sooooo quick. I teach pre-k and we do a scrapbook for every child in our preschool. I am doing a 2-page spread for each child with the phrase "Look what I can do". I typed it in - hit the "12" and it cut 12 phrases out in no time. You can change the size too....that is a real bonus.

At preschool we do have a manual die-cut and it is great for just a few shapes - I have never seen the electronic one so I can comment. I just know I love my Cricut! I will have to read up more on it as well as the Big Shot.

I've not seen that one, but I second Cindy on getting the Cricut. You can get the original for a fraction of the original cost now. It is well worth the extra money!! It's amazing what you can do with it and it saves so much time and money in the long run!

Cricut...They are so awesome, so many things you can do on them..

is the personal cricut at walmart as good as the regular one? The info-mercial has a lot of additional stuff to go with it, but is it worth it?

Last edited:
The Cricut at Wal-Mart is the same as everywhere else, it just depends on what is coming with it and how much it costs. I'm not sure what comes with the one at Wal-Mart, but I would check around at A.C. Moore and Wal-Mart and QVC and HSN to get the best package for your money. Some places offer a lot of cartridges with it.
There are now three different Cricut machines. The original that cuts 12", the second that cuts 24", and I saw a different one the other day that they just came out with, I'm not sure what it does different. I would love the 24" just because there are so many options with it, but the 12" is really all you need.

Last edited:
Really the only difference in the larger Circut is it will handle some of the software that the personal one does not - but none of it you really need for personal use. It handles some of the more intricate software and will cut objects up to 24" - you will never need that! We have that one at preschool and use it for objects for the bulletin boards and things like that. The personal one is all you need - and it has a handle to carry it around. I love mine!

I did watch the video of the "Slice" on QVC - I like it and I can see why you do and why it would be nice for home - the big difference is what I pointed out before - you can do multiple objects at once which is a feature I love with the Cricut. I like to cut out lots of flowers for instance at once and stack them for a 3-D effect. The other biggie was with the Slice, you have to spray the mat first or spread on the adhesive that comes with it. With the Circut, the mat is already sticky. That is a time saver & money saver in the long run. Plus extra software is available most anywhere and so much to choose from!

I love stampin up I couldn't ever make it as a business but I am glad they don't care if you sign up strickly to get things for your scrapbooking and stampin needs. They ask when you sign up if you are hobbist or making more out of it. I have probbaly gotten more items this way then if I would of kept going to shows. I haven't seen the thing at walmart but that is good to know thanks.

The other biggie was with the Slice, you have to spray the mat first or spread on the adhesive that comes with it. With the Circut, the mat is already sticky. That is a time saver & money saver in the long run. Plus extra software is available most anywhere and so much to choose from!

The only thing with the Slice is you wouldn't have to buy any additional mats like w/the Cricut - just adhesive spray.

Last edited:
I found this cricut for $154.99:

http://www.cricutexpress.com/store.php?cat_id=13175&prod_id=60020%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&view=product&crumbTrail=,13175&wp=1&limit=18&offset=

I think I may just go ahead and get a Cricut. Thank you so much for your advice. I really appreciate it!!

I do think it will be easier to do multiple cuts at the same time and it sounds like this small Cricut is pretty portable. Also from what I read about the Slice you have to apply pressure while it cuts. It would be nice to just let the machine do it's thing while I work on something else:)!

Update - found another site w/the org. Cricut for $149! I'm going to keep looking:)!

Another Update - Found one for $139.96!!

If anyone finds one cheaper please let me know!

Last edited:
check Michaels and hobby lobby if you have one they have been running lots of sales with the cricut
we've had one for 2 or 3 years and love it

I just got one for Christmas. The Cricut Expression. I didn't express interest in it, but I do scrapbook and make cards and love the crafty side of things gift wise when I have the time...HA! I finally was able to play with it a little today and it is very fun. I love that it can do such intricate work and that I could just tell it to do a ton! Mine was purchased through an infomercial and came with two cartridges (instead of one) and other accessory type things. I love the additional cartridge since I'll do more with objects then letters I think.I probably didn't need this one being so fancy, but I'll use it with PC for signs and such, especially at booths and just to make my office stuff prettier and more fun. It's definitely a toy and my daughter is so excited! I made a bunch of snowflakes for her playing with different papers :).

Wow Jules you are so lucky! I would have loved to gotten one for a Christmas gift!!

I know!! It was really unexpected. Not a typical gift from my parents, but my hubby will be helping with it too. I can't let them spend that much! It's just wrong (though very sweet). I just think it's funny that I've never mentioned it. They just know me really well.

That is really nice!

I can't complain, my parents got me a TomTom which will come in really handy for my next show! No more looking down at the Mapquest map!

I think I'm going to purchase the Cricut Create from Michaels. It is small like the org. Cricut, but has some of the features of the Expressions. It is $199 on sale right now. I have not found any coupons that will work for it - all the ones here say they exclude all Cricut products! Has anyone seen the Cricut Create any cheaper? It is a Michaels exclusive. I thought it might be worth the extra money.

The Cricuts I found cheaper on the websites charged a lot for shipping - one of the sites was $34.99! I guess the savings wouldn't be that great by the time I pay shipping. Plus if I have any problems with it I would like to be able to take it back to the store for an exchange.

christinaspc said:
I don't have that one but I have the "big shot" from Stampin up... my friend got me hooked so i signed up to sell stampin up just to get things for myself and the discount and it was worth it getting the big show I love how you can use it for many uses beside scrapbooking.

:love::love:I LOVE my Big Shot!!! :love::love: My friend has the Cricut Expression. Both are great machines but it's like comparing apples & oranges! Each one does different things. You just need to figure out how you will use yours the most. With a Cricut you can change the size of the project & as far as I know, you can only use it to cut paper products. With the Big Shot, you can cut up 6-8 sheets of paper at one time. With the bigger dies, you can also cut material, felt, gasket material, lightweight cork, chipboard & about 45 other materials.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Sort of off topic, but:

All this talk of Stampin Up!, it got me wondering about what is in the latest catalog so I went and checked it out. I was a demonstrator for a couple years quite a few years back. Over that time I aquired about 100 stamp sets. In looking at everything, only 4 of my stamp sets are still in the current catalog! There is so much new stuff! WOW!

I thought the Cricut would cut vinyl lettering...that is what interested me about it. With all the new vinyl lettering that you stick on your walls to decorate I thought it would be great. I watched the infomercial last year and was really interested but didn't get it. I have been looking at it at walmart this past month...even showed it to DH when he was wanting Christmas ideas.

Shawnna said:
I thought the Cricut would cut vinyl lettering...that is what interested me about it. With all the new vinyl lettering that you stick on your walls to decorate I thought it would be great. I watched the infomercial last year and was really interested but didn't get it. I have been looking at it at walmart this past month...even showed it to DH when he was wanting Christmas ideas.
You are right....I had forgotten that. It does cut vinyl (actually both machines do).

candiejayne said:
Sort of off topic, but:All this talk of Stampin Up!, it got me wondering about what is in the latest catalog so I went and checked it out. I was a demonstrator for a couple years quite a few years back. Over that time I aquired about 100 stamp sets. In looking at everything, only 4 of my stamp sets are still in the current catalog! There is so much new stuff! WOW!
There is a new catalog coming out in 17 days too which means lots more new stuff!!! There is also a new Decor Elements catalog coming out then as well.

pampchefrhondab said:
I think I'm going to purchase the Cricut Create from Michaels. It is small like the org. Cricut, but has some of the features of the Expressions. It is $199 on sale right now. I have not found any coupons that will work for it - all the ones here say they exclude all Cricut products! Has anyone seen the Cricut Create any cheaper? It is a Michaels exclusive. I thought it might be worth the extra money.

The Cricuts I found cheaper on the websites charged a lot for shipping - one of the sites was $34.99! I guess the savings wouldn't be that great by the time I pay shipping. Plus if I have any problems with it I would like to be able to take it back to the store for an exchange.
I got the Create for myself this holiday season. Michaels had it on sale and there was a coupon for an additional 15% off that item, so it ended up around $170. I've used it some, but not in the past week or so because DH doesn't know I got it, so I have to keep it hidden when he's home.

The Cricut items are usually excluded from the coupons because of agreements with the manufacturers. Just like Bose is usually excluded when appliance stores have sales. But, if you get the coupons from JoAnn Fabric and Crafts, they usually only stipulate that the coupons aren't good on Cricut machines and cartridges - you can use them on other Cricut things (cutting mats, blades).

chefann said:
I got the Create for myself this holiday season. Michaels had it on sale and there was a coupon for an additional 15% off that item, so it ended up around $170. I've used it some, but not in the past week or so because DH doesn't know I got it, so I have to keep it hidden when he's home.

The Cricut items are usually excluded from the coupons because of agreements with the manufacturers. Just like Bose is usually excluded when appliance stores have sales. But, if you get the coupons from JoAnn Fabric and Crafts, they usually only stipulate that the coupons aren't good on Cricut machines and cartridges - you can use them on other Cricut things (cutting mats, blades).

Well I've missed the 15% off coupon here and I'm not going to wait another year - I want to scrap this winter:)! Although I was just working on my show schedule and I have 8 shows on the books for February:eek:!! Not sure how much time I'll have now!

My husband knows I'm going to get it. He got me a Garmin for Christmas not knowing my parents were getting me a TomTom. I let him return it and get a flat screen 26" LCD TV for our 4 season room plus we had digital cable installed to it w/NFL Network, HBO and Showtime! He has a new hang out now!! I was going to get him one for his Birthday in February anyway and figured now was the best pricing of the year! It was a great deal at Best Buy.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I'll let you know how I like the Create.

thats funny that you are hiding it from your husband. It's kind of like when I buy a new dress or shirt and hang it in the closet for a couple of weeks before I wear it and then DH says "you got a new shirt, huh" I say "nah, this has been hanging in the closet"...lol. Really he doesn't care what I buy...I work just as many hours as he does. He buys what he wants and I buy what I want. Although, I am much more thrifty than he is....some might say cheap...lol

Well I just got done playing w/my new Cricut Create! It's awesome! Now I have to get started on the Scrapbooking again! It's going to be so much fun!

The only problem I've had is I used a cheap piece of paper for the first cut and it stuck BAD to the mat!! Thank goodness I had a PC scrapper to get it off! It came of in a million little pieces - what a pain! It was paper I purchased in the $1 isle at Target. I will never use it again in my Cricut - at least not on a new mat!

Anyone ever try to use the mat longer by spraying it w/sticky spray? Krylon makes some. Thought maybe that would be cheaper then buying mats? I read were some people wipe them with baby wipes and they last longer and get sticky again.

I'm not real thrilled w/the cartridge that came with it so I will have to start shopping around for some more. I found one I really like on WalMart's web site. I won't tell hubby the cartridges are extra;)!

I watched the infomercial for the Cricut Expression today. It is an awesome machine. I saw this at WM last night...it is about 100 dollars more than the Cricut personal. I didn't check to see what all came with each one. I really like the looks of these. The one in the commercial came with 2 cartridges, 2 small rolls of vinyl, 2 mats, a lifter and maybe a cutter. They said "ask how you can get this new deep cut something for free". The thing that deep cut could be used on wood...not big pieces but thicker than paper. I don't know how much they were selling it for all they would say is get it for 30 days for 39 dollars with more payments after 30 days. I think the 2 at WM are 184 and 284.

I got the Cricut Create for $199, but it is better then the org. Cricut Personal. It can do many of the things the Expression can do, with the exception of wood or 12x24 sheet of paper. It can do cuts quarter inch up to 11 1/2 inches. You can flip, print vert. or horz., fill the page, use page saver and also allign the cutter anywhere on the page as well as center it to cut out a photo. You can even use a smaller piece of paper and set the blade to where the paper starts. The machine automatically knows the size of the paper. It is just really great! It does everything I will need to my scrapbooking:)! I like the size to take along w/me to my sister's house as well.

Related to Any Scrap Booking Fans Have This?

1. What is "Any Scrap Booking Fans Have This?"

"Any Scrap Booking Fans Have This?" is a phrase commonly used by Pampered Chef consultants to ask if any of their customers are interested in a specific product that can be used for scrapbooking.

2. What kind of products can be used for scrapbooking?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can be used for scrapbooking, such as our knife set, cutting mats, and food choppers. These tools can be used to create unique and creative designs in your scrapbook.

3. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my scrapbooking?

Our products can be used in various ways for scrapbooking. For example, our knife set can be used to cut out shapes and designs, while our food choppers can be used to create fun and textured backgrounds on your pages. Get creative and have fun with our products!

4. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that are popular among scrapbooking fans?

Our knife set and cutting mats are popular choices among scrapbooking fans for their versatility and precision. Our food choppers are also a fan favorite for adding unique textures to scrapbook pages.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products specifically for scrapbooking?

While our products are not specifically marketed for scrapbooking, they can certainly be used for this purpose. We recommend checking out our catalog and website for ideas and inspiration on how to use our products in your scrapbooking projects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• megara2688
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • TheChaoticCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • chefkristin