• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing Life Around a Part-Time Job: Tips & Tricks

In summary, Kathy has a successful career as a chef, but finds it difficult to stick to a daily routine due to her addiction to computer-based communications. Krissy, too, has a successful career as a chef, but finds it difficult to stick to a daily routine due to her addiction to computer-based communications.
Kathytnt
I work part-time. My hubby has allowed me to do this because my old job go ultra-stressful. Problem is that it is in retail so I never know from week to week what my schedule is going to be. I consider Sunday - Thursday nights prime calling time but I seem to get scheduled during those times alot.

I know I need to discipline myself and not spend so much time on e-mail and CS but it is addictive.

Some of you that are more organized how do you do it? What is your secret?

I have the same struggle...maybe use CS as "treat" for yourself after you have made your calls or have done something productive for your business. I do find alot of useful tips here but also find it addicting and I'm not focusing on my work...especially when you have another job, a husband, children, housework, the normal day to day things, etc..
Organization my life has been a goal for the past 2 years...it takes time especially when you don't have the organization gene in you (i don't) I look to friends for help!
Good luck..I hope you find a way to "do it all"

How I manage... I have an 8-5 office job, so I do my daily work (your top priorities), and save CS for break times, after my work is done. Then, when I get home, I get dinner done, have family time, and then hop back on CS while watching TV, etc. I can't wait to get on each day, but I can definitely see how it would be addictive and would take much (or too much) of my time away from work.

;) :p :eek:

I am signed up for the Organization Seminar at Conference - Organization is a gift for some people and I know they don't understand those of us that are less organized

I came from a family of pack rats - I am not the worst in the family thank goodness but my hubbyis very organized I know I drive him crazy But he loves me anyway He knew what he was getting into (except the PC thing) before he married me

MY NAME IS KATHY AND I AM A CHEF SUCCESS ADDICT

Kathy~I missed the last part of your post the first time, that is great...I'll join you..

MY NAME IS KRISSY AND I AM A CHEF SUCCESS ADDICT lol!!

It is an addiction...I took that class last year and felt good about it, but didn't implement any of it...I started with flylady and I'm getting there, slowly but surely, but here I am still...not even lurking, but sticking my two cents in! I wonder if I can block myself from this website...That's probably like setting your alarm clock ahead, anyhow...doesn't ever fool me!

I like the idea of the Fly lady but I started getting so many e-mails form them that it seemed to get a little crazy

I have a 14 month old who will only nap while I am holding her. So I can only get on the phone when time allows in the evenings. I tell my husband that I am going in the other room to work. He knows that is my time to be uninterrupted.

The important thing is to try a few stratgies/systems. Completely commit yourself to each one. (Only one at a time, of course.) It may take a while, but you'll find what works for you. In the meantime, be sure to warn your family that your system is sort of under construction. They'll need to be a little patient with you until you get everything worked out.

What are some tips for balancing a part-time job with other responsibilities?

1. Create a schedule: Set aside specific times for work, school, and personal activities to help you stay organized and on track.

2. Prioritize tasks: Focus on completing the most important tasks first, and save less urgent ones for later.

3. Communicate with your employer: Let your employer know your availability and any potential conflicts ahead of time to avoid scheduling conflicts.

4. Delegate tasks: Don't be afraid to ask for help or delegate tasks to others if you have too much on your plate.

5. Take breaks: Make sure to schedule breaks and downtime to avoid burnout and maintain a healthy work-life balance.

How can I effectively manage my time when working a part-time job?

1. Use a planner or calendar: Write down important deadlines and appointments to help you stay organized and on top of your schedule.

2. Set goals: Determine what you want to accomplish each day and prioritize your tasks accordingly.

3. Avoid distractions: Minimize distractions, such as social media or TV, while working to stay focused and productive.

4. Take breaks: Taking short breaks throughout the day can help you stay refreshed and focused.

5. Don't overcommit: Be realistic about what you can accomplish in a given amount of time and avoid taking on too many responsibilities.

How can I stay motivated while working a part-time job?

1. Set goals: Having clear and achievable goals can help you stay motivated and focused.

2. Celebrate accomplishments: Acknowledge and celebrate your successes, no matter how small, to stay motivated and encouraged.

3. Find a support system: Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can encourage and motivate you.

4. Take breaks: Taking breaks can help you avoid burnout and maintain your motivation throughout the day.

5. Remember your why: Reflect on why you are working a part-time job and remind yourself of the benefits and goals you are working towards.

How can I stay organized when juggling a part-time job and other responsibilities?

1. Declutter regularly: Keep your workspace and personal space clutter-free to help you stay focused and organized.

2. Use a planner or calendar: Write down important deadlines and appointments to stay on top of your schedule.

3. Create a to-do list: Prioritize your tasks and create a to-do list to help you stay organized and on track.

4. Set reminders: Use reminders on your phone or computer to stay on top of important tasks and deadlines.

5. Review and adjust: Regularly review your schedule and tasks to make any necessary adjustments and stay organized.

How can I maintain a healthy work-life balance while working a part-time job?

1. Set boundaries: Set clear boundaries between work and personal time to avoid overworking.

2. Take breaks: Make sure to schedule breaks and downtime to relax and recharge.

3. Prioritize self-care: Make time for activities that help you relax and de-stress, such as exercise, hobbies, or spending time with loved ones.

4. Communicate with your employer: Let your employer know your availability and any potential conflicts to ensure a healthy work-life balance.

5. Don't be afraid to say no: It's okay to say no to extra shifts or tasks if it will negatively impact your work-life balance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • AlowayFamily
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • Kathytnt