• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Juggling - Handling a Ft Job With Pampered Chef

energy. But I try to get out there as much as possible. I have to be very organized with my time and work to maximize the time I do have. I also try to make time for my family and friends. I think it is so important to have a balance in your life.
Kathytnt
You guys know I have shared that organization is my achilles heel. Well my hubby wanted me to go FT (at least 30) and I found ag reat job but now insteaf of 30-35 hours I am working more than 40. I have my PC business and my Power-Pops business. Most of my Power-Pops biz is on Ebay and I limit going to the post office during daytime hours to once a week. That is only necessary with international shipments. US shipments I can doing at the APC machine.

PC tip - If you have a large package with a host packet - if you buy your postage from the APC machine with a credit card you do not have to take it to a postal worker. The CC purchases provides them with enough tracking info to over-ride this. That is what my postal carriers told me.

Anyhoo - I am still gong fundraiser but am just feeling exhausted because sometimes I am working 11 hour days and then it's hard to reach a host or you just don't have the energy to do PC then. I want to at least stay active. How do you all do it???

Thanks, Kathy

Basically and this may sound funny on a "PC-related" forum. PC comes last...

Well, that is schedule-wise. My family, work, camp and church, Fire Deptartment all get booked first THEN I find chunks of time for PC. If someone wants a show, I let them pick from my 3-4 nights available that month. Catalog shows I'm open to anytime. I haven't had a problem yet. Of course I only do 1-2 cooking shows a month. But it has developed a perfect consistent pace for me. I make contacts with people at work, DD's school or other places - usually face-to-face. I could kick up my business with more phone calls or other things but usually stick to a newsletter each month and face-to-face.

This so far has kept me perfectly where I want to be right now.

It's all a matter of what you want to do and what you enjoy.

$200 every other month to stay active seems to be a piece of cake for me. That is one show.

Last edited:
I just started working full time in September after being home for 5 years with my kids, and doing PC for 4 years. I found that since I had been working my PC business actively for so long, I had established my business to a point where business was just naturally flowing for me. It is easy for me to book 2-3 shows per show, and most of my bookings hold. I am a natural salesperson, so that comes easy at the shows. I'm working on recruiting, and have made some headway lately that is keeping my morale up with that, as well. I think the key is to make a schedule and try to stick to it. I don't do any PC from work unless I absolutely have to. I really can't - I'm busy from 8am - 5pm every day (through lunch) and don't have time for "personal" calls. I set aside about an hour at night 3 nights a week to make phone calls - host coaching, booking, and recruiting follow up. I make up my lap boards right after I get home from a show and pack my bag for my next show after I get home and clean everything up. I try to make everything smooth and organized, and I think it helps that I've been doing this for a while and have a good routine down.My best suggestion is to put PC on your schedule and try to stick to it, if you really want to continue with it. You have to put time aside for it if you want it to continue. I'm also holding monthly meetings with my team - partly b/c my director has stopped having meetings and I don't want them falling off the face of the earth, and party b/c I need something to keep me focused on my business, and keeping my team motivated keeps me motivated.Hope that helps. I know it's exhausting. I fall into bed every night and drag myself out of bed every morning, but I just keep thinking about how I really need the money that PC is bringing in right now, and it really just isn't an option. Hang in there and keep us posted, ok! :)

Kathy, I feel your pain! I do just as Janet describes in her post. I take the times I can and work like the devil! There are some nights I come home and just can't muster up the energy or enthusiasm to make calls. For me, I can schedule till the cows come home, but if I don't feel I can be cheerful, then I think it would hurt my business!! (Just a little too grumpy:grumpy: ) For me, making lists of things I have to follow through with seems to work lately.

Hi Kathy,I can definitely relate to the struggle of balancing a full-time job, personal responsibilities, and a direct sales business like Pampered Chef. It can be exhausting and overwhelming at times. One thing that has helped me is setting a schedule and sticking to it as much as possible. This includes setting aside specific times for PC business, whether it's reaching out to potential hosts, following up with customers, or scheduling parties. It's important to prioritize and make sure you're not overworking yourself.Another tip is to delegate tasks when possible. For example, if you have a team of consultants, see if they can help with some of the workload. Also, for your Power-Pops business, consider hiring a virtual assistant to handle some of the administrative tasks, such as shipping and handling.Lastly, don't forget to take care of yourself. Make time for self-care and rest, as it's crucial for maintaining your energy and motivation. And remember, it's okay to take breaks or say no to certain opportunities if it becomes too much. Your health and well-being should always come first.I hope these tips help you find a better balance and manage your time more effectively. Best of luck to you in your business ventures!Take care,

1. How can I manage my time effectively while juggling a full-time job and my Pampered Chef business?

One of the key ways to manage your time effectively is to create a schedule and stick to it. Prioritize your tasks and set specific times for working on both your job and your Pampered Chef business. Utilize tools such as a planner or calendar to keep track of important deadlines and appointments. It's also important to delegate tasks and ask for help when needed.

2. Is it possible to be successful at both a full-time job and a Pampered Chef business?

Yes, it is possible to be successful at both a full-time job and a Pampered Chef business. It may require some extra effort, organization, and time management skills, but with dedication and determination, it is achievable. Many people have successfully juggled both responsibilities and have found success in both areas.

3. How can I balance my work-life responsibilities while juggling a full-time job and Pampered Chef business?

Balancing work and personal life is crucial when juggling a full-time job and a Pampered Chef business. It's important to set boundaries and prioritize your tasks and responsibilities. Make time for self-care and try to avoid overworking yourself. Remember to communicate with your loved ones and schedule in quality time with them.

4. What are some tips for staying motivated and focused while managing a full-time job and Pampered Chef business?

One tip for staying motivated and focused is to set specific goals for both your job and your Pampered Chef business. This will give you something to work towards and keep you motivated. It's also important to take breaks when needed and to celebrate your accomplishments. Surrounding yourself with a supportive network and seeking inspiration from other successful individuals can also help keep you motivated.

5. How can I effectively promote my Pampered Chef business while still working a full-time job?

There are various ways to promote your Pampered Chef business while working a full-time job. Utilize social media platforms to reach a wider audience and showcase your products. You can also attend local events or collaborate with other small businesses to increase your visibility. Utilizing your network and word-of-mouth marketing can also be effective. Be sure to utilize your limited time efficiently and focus on promoting your business to your target audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pkd09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • AlowayFamily