• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Does Pampered Chef Fit on Your Resume?

In summary, the conversation was about a woman who had been a stay-at-home mom for three years and was now looking to go back to work. She wanted to update her resume and was wondering if she should include her experience as an Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef. The other person in the conversation suggested highlighting her accomplishments and role as a team leader in addition to her direct sales experience. The conversation ended with the offer to review her resume for her.
linojackie
Ok, so while I love this biz, I am thinking I am ready to go back to work. I've been at home for 3 years now with my girls and I need something during the day. I need to update my resume and I figured that I should at least show something for the last 3 years of my life. Besides, I think I've learned more skills career-wise in my 2 years w/ PC than all my jobs combined. So, do you include PC on your resume? If so, what do you say?

When I applied for a job last year I did not put it on there at all. But then I had my other jobs on my resumes.

Here's what I have on mine:April 2004-Present: Self-employed as an Independent Consultant with The Pampered ChefEngage in direct sales via in-home parties as well as additional catalog and online sales, organize and maintain files and records, engage in customer care, manage time in order to fulfill responsibilities

I like that Rae!!!!

don't forget to list your accomplishments, such as "grew sales 50% in one year, coach a team of 5 consultants' etc.

it's good to list what you can do, and great to list what you have done

if you like i would be happy to review your resume. e-mail it to me at [email protected]

I do like to list accomplishments as well. Feel like it gives me an edge over the other 5 million Executive Assistants applying for the same job! I would also like to mention that I have a team underneath me that I train and motivate as I have never been in a supervisor position before.

Thank you Susan, I appreciate the offer. Once I get it tweaked a little, I'll send it over.

Thanks!

OMG - you definitely need to play up your team leader role and accomplishments. Use words like coach, mentor, strategized, enabled team members to reach their financial goals....

1. How do I list Pampered Chef on my resume?

To list Pampered Chef on your resume, you can include it as a previous employment experience under the "Work Experience" section. Be sure to include your job title, dates of employment, and a brief description of your responsibilities and achievements while working for Pampered Chef.

2. Should I include my Pampered Chef consultant experience on my resume?

If you were a consultant for Pampered Chef, it can be beneficial to include this experience on your resume. This shows that you have experience in sales, customer service, and possibly even leadership skills. However, if you have a lot of other relevant work experience, you may choose to only include your time as a consultant in a separate section for "Additional Experience."

3. How can I highlight my Pampered Chef experience on my resume?

To highlight your Pampered Chef experience on your resume, you can include any specific achievements or skills you gained while working for the company. For example, you could mention any sales records you broke, any customer service awards you received, or any leadership roles you took on within the company. You can also use keywords and phrases such as "direct sales," "cooking demonstrations," or "product knowledge" to showcase your experience.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef experience to apply for jobs outside of the food industry?

Absolutely! While Pampered Chef is known for their kitchen products, the skills and experience you gained while working for the company can be transferable to many other industries. For example, your experience in sales and customer service can be valuable in any retail or service-oriented job. Your ability to lead and train others can also be useful in a variety of roles.

5. Should I include my Pampered Chef experience on my resume if it was a part-time job?

Yes, you should still include your Pampered Chef experience on your resume even if it was a part-time job. Any work experience, whether full-time or part-time, can demonstrate your skills, work ethic, and reliability to potential employers. You can also use your part-time experience to showcase your ability to balance multiple responsibilities and prioritize tasks effectively.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefAbey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PChefAbey
  • Tina Berger
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tina Berger
  • kcjodih