• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Including Pampered Chef on a Resume/Job Application

In summary, this conversation highlights some of the things that potential employers want to see on your resume when they scan it. It also provides some tips on how to highlight your skills as a Director.
pamperedbecky
I'd love to get some input on this. I'm updating my resume and it's the first time in about 11-12 years I've updated it!! This was before PC was part of my life, so I'm not sure the best way to include this valuable work experience.

What have others done? How do you word it? How have you highlighted your skills as a Director? I would LOVE and appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!

here is what I have on mine

The Pampered Chef, Advanced Director 2006 to present
Independent Consultant and Sales Trainer
• Market and sell high quality kitchen tools and accessories through in-home demonstrations, booths at trade shows and fundraiser programs
• Manage, motivate, train and direct a team of 170+ Independent Consultants
• Attract, recruit and retain active team members to build a growing business
• Design marketing materials to generate new business
• Exceeded $100,000 in sales in three years, through part-time work (approximately 5 days per month)
• Plan, lead, and execute monthly meetings and potential consultant workshops

Sounds great!

I've actually done some temp jobs IN the office for job placement agencies & picked up a few tips from the various companies. There are certain things that potential employers want to see when they scan your application. Jenni's example highlights most of those areas. Here's a couple of more that popped out at me that you might want to add:If you are looking at any kind of job that requires sales, make sure you quote the yearly sales for your team! They want to see specific accomplishments. ;) (Note for Jenni, stipulate that your $100,000 was PERSONAL sales & then quote the team sales too.)Regardless of the type of position, you need to make sure that they understand that your achievements were done with NO SUPERVISION! You set your own goals & then take the necessary steps to achieve those goals. Brag about it! :D The fact that we, as consultants, do this job without someone standing over our shoulder hounding us to perform at a higher level is a huge selling point for potential employers. You do have guidance from your upline, but the personal & team goals that you set & accomplish are definitely something that you need to give yourself credit for doing. ;)Show promotions! Especially if you've accomplished a lot in a short period of time. I'm not currently filling out job applications, but the fact that I've promoted 4 times in 19 months would be a selling point for a potential employer. AND, I would list the levels. Most employers don't know what a Director of Advanced Director is. So I would list each level and then put (Level 1 of 9, Level 2 of 9, Level 3 of 9, etc.) beside each title.If you have a better than average record, list it! EX: Home office says that the average cooking show is what, $450? I would go look up the number & quote their national average & then my $880 average. Another example would be the team retention. I've heard the theory "1/3 coming, 1/3 staying & 1/3 going" too many times to count. I refuse to believe that theory. Of the 61 who have signed up in m downline 5 have left. 1 I never met, she was just a kitnapper. 4 were due to pregnancies & one of those wants to re-sign on the team when the military gets her to her new duty location & she's settled. So I would definitely find the wording to show that my team training & retention exceeds the company's average.Your resume is how you sell yourself to the employer. You don't want to make up crap, but you definitely want to show your accomplishments. Be proud of them! :D

Ok, I'm revisiting this again. This is an online employment application which basically has most of the same sections of a resume. One of the fields asks me why I left the various positions.My most recent position: I quit my PT job in 2006 because I was making more income with PC and had recently promoted to director. I was making more money at ONE PC show than I did working an entire 8 hour shift as a therapist on the inpatient psych unit of a hospital. I contemplated for a year to quit that job, but wanted to keep my foot in the door. And I wanted to open up my weekends to do PC shows - I primarily worked weekends in that job. I also wanted to be home more with my kids, but don't know how to put that into words.How do I summarize why I left that job in just a few sentences? I basically wanted to take a break from the field. I'm at a loss!! I don't want to focus on the fact that PC became such a huge focus for me because basically I am planning to continue doing PC and growing my business and I don't want them to feel that this would interfere with any job.By the way, this job would just be working days 1-2 days/week.You all are so good with words, so whatever suggestions you can give are appreciated!

How about "With my Pampered Chef business doing so well, I didn't need the income." And leave it at that. LOL

Good one. And really the main reason was the kids. I had two young kids that weren't school-aged quite yet and I wanted to be there for them, so that'll be part of what I say too. Thanks!

You still have kids & they won't be in school during summer, so that might throw up a red flag for the employer wondering if the kids will be an issue if you come to work for them too. ;)

Sheila said:
You still have kids & they won't be in school during summer, so that might throw up a red flag for the employer wondering if the kids will be an issue if you come to work for them too. ;)
Well, it actually would be an issue. I have a friend in this department who is encouraging me to apply (and has talked to her supervisor about me - plus I used to work at this hospital!) and although I could probably start exploring some type of childcare in the summer, I'm really not ready to do that until I know the specifics and how flexible they can be (which is actually quite flexible according to my friend). Ideally, I wouldn't really want to start this position until the fall, but of course I won't be sharing that. It's not completely out of the question to start in the summer, it would just take some serious weighing of the options. No use in doing this if some type of child care/babysitter is going to eat up all my paycheck, but I may as well look into it now to feel it out. It's not even something I truly saw myself going back to do, but it would be an oppty to get my feet wet in my field a little bit again. And if I decide not to accept any positions (assuming I get an offer?), maybe they'd still need help in the fall. This is really all of an exploration thing I suppose. :)This supervisor already knows I have kids, so she's knows that this obviously factors in. So, we shall see!

Good luck girl! (((fingers crossed))) that the offer you something that's too good to pass up. ;)

1. Can I include my experience as a Pampered Chef consultant on my resume?

Yes, you can definitely include your experience as a Pampered Chef consultant on your resume. This experience can showcase your skills in sales, customer service, and time management, which are valuable assets in many job positions.

2. How should I list my Pampered Chef experience on my resume?

You can list your Pampered Chef experience under a "Work Experience" section on your resume. Include your job title as "Pampered Chef Consultant" and provide a brief overview of your responsibilities and achievements in bullet points.

3. Is it necessary to mention my Pampered Chef experience on a job application?

It is not mandatory to mention your Pampered Chef experience on a job application, but it can be beneficial to include if it is relevant to the job you are applying for. Make sure to tailor your experience to match the job requirements.

4. Can I include my Pampered Chef experience if I only did it as a hobby?

Yes, you can still include your Pampered Chef experience even if it was just a hobby. This can demonstrate your passion, dedication, and ability to balance multiple responsibilities, which are all valuable qualities in the workplace.

5. Should I include my Pampered Chef experience if it has been a few years since I last worked as a consultant?

Yes, you can still include your Pampered Chef experience even if it has been a few years. This experience can still showcase your skills and achievements, and it can also show your ability to maintain relationships and stay connected with your past clients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • AMTC