• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organized My Office--Yet Another Thread!

In summary, Janice's office looks great and she is looking forward to working with Janice to get organized.
jwpamp
Ok, I have a somewhat organized office to begin with, but went thru and took some pictures after I did a total cleaning...

Attachments

• bookshelf.jpg
    bookshelf.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 521
  • binders.jpg
    binders.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 610
  • bookshelf2.jpg
    bookshelf2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 546
  • Office.jpg
    Office.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 528
  • side bookshelf.jpg
    side bookshelf.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 523
Looks great!

What's in all of the binders?

Janice, it looks great!!!! When we get the office finished, will you come help me get organized? I will buy you lunch!!!!

I have office envy. Mine is in the basement next to the washer and dryer. I am not complaining. At least I have my own space!

Hmmm...from left to right:
Theme Show Guide
Director Info
Goals
Organizing
Director Meeting Binder
Dream Team Info
Leadership Handbook
Team Meeting Binder
Recruiting
New Consultant Training
Business Guide
Past Hosts
Future Hosts
Host Coaching (present hosts)
Consultant News

mrssyvo said:
Janice, it looks great!!!! When we get the office finished, will you come help me get organized? I will buy you lunch!!!!

Absolutely, Susie! I did my closet as well (hubby built shelves in the closet for me).

I AM DONE!!

cookingwithlove said:
I have office envy. Mine is in the basement next to the washer and dryer. I am not complaining. At least I have my own space!

That's where mine is too! I'd love a space with windows....and without dryer lint, but at least it's a space.

The problem is, I'm forever hauling stuff upstairs and working on it at the kitchen table or in the family room, so my work tends to be scattered all over the house.

Good, come early in the morning, and we will knock out Ken's closet as well- Heck, pack a bag, and we can hit Target for the stuff as well!!!!

It's a date!

Thanks Janice - that is something that I probably need to do.

Right now my office is in our official 'Office' which is downstairs. DH and I have our own desks and they face each other (kinda like one huge desk) I've seriously been thinking about moving into one of the bedrooms upstairs that is currently being used as a junk room. It's a great room and very private. Lots more space too. Only problem is that is is upstairs and I am too lazy to go up there (sometimes I don't go upstairs for days!)

Well, every time a child moves out to go to college, we change the room into something else so they can't come back (uh-oh, don't tell them I told you that!)

Here's my currently unorganized office! If you are an anal retentive organized freak of nature you should not look! It is a mess (and that is an understatement).

My desk is on the left - this is looking in from the hallway:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/005.jpg

This is looking in from the other hallway. My desk is in front, DH's mess that he calls a desk is behind:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/006.jpg

the zebra skin is on the wall above and behind my desk (so I don't have to look at it!) - LOL!

I can't wait to have my own office. Right now I have a closet in the hallway & 2 cabinets in the living room. Plus a box that seems to just travel from one room to another. We are finishing the attic real soon for me. It is like a 2nd floor already just needs to be drywalled & windows added. I am really looking forward to it. So is my hubby! Not sure if it is really me or the mess he is ready to get up there.

No office here....I did have one in our extra bedroom but our DS came along. So out went my desk and in went a baby crib. So I have a 3 drawer cabinet and a filing case by the dining room table....Someday we will be building! It will have an office! I like to be organized but there is no way to do it right now!

I use part of the spare room as my office, but lately I just organized the garage. That is something to talk about! Clutter-free I am!

jwpamp said:
Absolutely, Susie! I did my closet as well (hubby built shelves in the closet for me).

I AM DONE!!
Very pretty! I would take a picture of mine, but I hate the way they decorated this room, and it's the last one to need a make-over since we purchased the house about 7 years ago.

Janice you show off!!! :)
I hate that I live in a constant state of office envy.
I will get pics together of my new corner office soon, aftrer it is Janice worthy...I am not as brave as Linda!!!

Janice, it looks great, I am so jealous, DH and I share an office, he got the nice desk, I got the 8 ft fold up table from SamsClub. We have one huge mess and I hate nothing more then clutter and a disorganized mess, but I need more hours in the day!! Want to come organize mine too??? :)

Janice you are my new hero. Your office is beautiful, you truly work your business and are so successful. I have just vowed to become more like you!

Don't worry, I'm really not a stalker!

I have a consultant on my team, Liz, who is a total organizational freak. She comes over every Tuesdany and Thursday after school (she teaches til 3 at an elementary school) and hangs out until she has to go to her other teaching job (she teaches a college class at 6). It used to be that we just hung out and gabbed. Until she announced she couldn't deal with sitting around my totally disorganzied office. So now every time she comes over, we focus on one area and overhaul it completely. My office is back to looking like it did when I Jilleysue'd it last year!! And we're having a blast!

Speaking of Jilleysue...I hung out with her the other night. My family and I were at a local restaurant where she & Kevin were dining. My DH and Kevin had a hot-sauce-shot contest until Kevin puked. It was quite entertaining!

dannyzmom said:
I have a consultant on my team, Liz, who is a total organizational freak. She comes over every Tuesdany and Thursday after school (she teaches til 3 at an elementary school) and hangs out until she has to go to her other teaching job (she teaches a college class at 6). It used to be that we just hung out and gabbed. Until she announced she couldn't deal with sitting around my totally disorganzied office. So now every time she comes over, we focus on one area and overhaul it completely. My office is back to looking like it did when I Jilleysue'd it last year!! And we're having a blast!

Speaking of Jilleysue...I hung out with her the other night. My family and I were at a local restaurant where she & Kevin were dining. My DH and Kevin had a hot-sauce-shot contest until Kevin puked. It was quite entertaining!

I miss her! What is she up to?

KellyTheChef said:
I miss her! What is she up to?

Kevin has expanded his business and started another one - she has been inundated with helping him run it all so things have been crazy busy for her.
But sh eis still her kooky fun self!! It was really nice to see her!

I'm jealous too! I wish I had my own office:(! I will have one eventually, but the sad thing is that means my kids will be moved out of the house - wait maybe that's a good thing (just kidding)!!

I have a computer cabinet in the living room which holds a lot of things. Then I have a rolling cart w/all my files in it. It holds a lot. I put it away in my walk-in closet when I don't use it. I have a shredder right next to my desk. The nice thing about the cabinet is it closes up when I'm not working.

Most of my products and my rolling case are out in the garage. It's very organized, but sometimes I think I have too much stuff! I'll try to take some pictures today and post them.

Ihad my own office and it got OUT of control. Honestly I much prefer not having an office! It forces me to put away my work at the end of the day! I have a shelf in the garage for product but all of my "office" fits in one large cabinet. I will take a pic and post....

Here is my "office"...it all fits!

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/erinyourpclady/?action=view&current=004.jpg

And my garage shelf...
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/erinyourpclady/?action=view&current=005.jpg

Jance - I think you could start yourself a second business by organizing OTHER PC COnsultants offices - you can start with mine!

ChefBecky - I HEAR YA! I am ALWAYS bringing stuff upstairs to our Kitchen Table - I am in such a BAD habit!

Janice;

I also have office envy. I love your desk. :) Your office is beautiful.

Eileen
Independent Consultant
/eileenhoupt

My office is in what used to be a sunroom before it was converted into a laundry room. I have taken over half of it for me! I love it in here because all the windows are still intact, so I'm surrounded by a great view of some trees and my neighbors house lol!I have the hardest time keeping it all organized though...

Erin - Very Nice!! I haven't had time to do those PIC's yet today! Took my son to see Walking With the Dinasours today - surprise from my Dad!! Now I'm getting ready for my daughter's graduation tomorrow (help!!)!! Just took a short break to see what was going on around here:)!

I just thought of Jilly the other day! what has become of her & PC?

should have read the other posts before I jumped in with this question!!!!!!

Last edited:
Lovely Janice....want to come to KS?!
Linda, we could be sisters, lol!

lacychef said:
Lovely Janice....want to come to KS?!
Linda, we could be sisters, lol!
I always wanted a sister! You'd be perfect!

pamperedlinda said:
I always wanted a sister! You'd be perfect!
Aww shucks!:)

jwpamp said:
Well, every time a child moves out to go to college, we change the room into something else so they can't come back (uh-oh, don't tell them I told you that!)

Ya gotta do that. One of mine came home twice the other once.:eek:

And, after they leave, mind you their rooms are still full of stuff they don't take. I just boxed it up and then would invite them for dinner, (they will miss your cooking), and DH would keep them sidetracked while I piled boxes in their car!;)

I love my kids, don't get me wrong, but when they move back, they are adults, and don't try to tell them they can't leave a dirty cake plate & milk glass under their bed.:eek:

Nice job on organization ladies. Everytime I walk into my office I think of Jilleysue. She should have a show like Mission Organization...
my DD's are thinking of turning me in.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the nice comments. The thing is that if I don't have a place for it, I forget where I put it....it's that "Office Alzheimers" thing.

I am organized for my own mental health!

Anyway, I would LOVE to do that for a living. I could easily see myself doing it 2 days a week and PC 2 days a week....we'll see!

Ok, I was asked what is in my organizing drawers (those plastic shelf ones), so I will respond to all here:

I have 2 of the 3-drawer types that hold 8 1/2 x 11" paper.
In one I have:
PP Receipts
Cardstock
Colored Paper

In the other I have:
Consultant Gifts (for my team)
Door Prizes (for my shows)
Stickers (for my envelopes and newsletters)

I also have a tall 6 drawer one that sits next to my desk. It has the following from top to bottom:
Catalogs (one from each of the last 3 seasons for cross referencing)
Order Forms
Team Postcards (for my recruits)
Host Postcards (I send out 5 to each host -- similar to the ones you can buy from Merrill) & Host Tannk You Notes (I send one out to my hosts after the show)
DPS & Invitations
Envelopes (6x9 and 9x12)

On one bookcase shelf, I have a basket of items for putting host packets together. That way my son can grab it and do it in front of the TV or outside by the pool -- rough job, I know -- but I pay him well!).

Under that shelf is a stack of lapboards put together for the shows so I can grab and go (another thing that my son is responsible for)...and a stack of stamped catalogs for the refills.

I have "zones" in my office. There is:

a learning zone -- books, audios, DVDs and such
a mail zone --everything for mailing, a postal scale, stamps, envelopes and tape
a recipe zone -- cookbooks, recipe cards, etc.
and most importantly,

my WORK ZONE -- my desk, the above described plastic drawer containers, my shredder, wastebasket, printer, everything that I touch on a daily basis. I can reach everything in my work zone from my office chair. I save time getting up by doing it this way.

My closet has shelves that are orgazined with Meeting Supplies, Products (we get soooo many freebies!!), and extra office supplies I don't need to have out.

Wow, sounds like someone is a little anal, huh? OK, but it works for me. If I get a little lazy, it doesn't take long for me to realize that I am wasting time by messing it up, so I make sure that things are put away at the end of the work day.

I LOVE doing it this way. Good luck everyone! And don't send me your psych bills!!!!
:rolleyes:

Boy do I feel motivated right now. Thanks for the great ideas

dannyzmom said:

<SNORT> I am so glad I read this BEFORE I filled up my glass with water!!! It is SO painful when liquid comes out my nose...speaking of painful projectiles...that must have hurt going in and coming out!!:yuck: :yuck:

I am SO darn jealous of the "L" shaped desk!!! My office is in what would be a small dining room in "normal" homes. Because I have no attic, no basement and no storage, my son's room has become a junk room. DS is 18 and usually stays at his Dad's place anyway. We do spend time together, but he doesn't use the room.

My plan is to make his room into an office and to also make it convert to a bedroom if he or a guest wants to spend the night. I can barely walk through it right now and where I will stuff the Christmas tree is a mystery (although I do have a few ideas on what I would like to do with it:D )

We will see what the future holds. In the meantime, I will just be green with envy! (or purple in this case:( )

BOO, I am here....LOL

Carolyn, how you gona tell everyone about Kevin puking..HAHAHAHAHA. I am jealous, I didn't get to tell...hehehehehe.

Jilleysue said:
Carolyn, how you gona tell everyone about Kevin puking..HAHAHAHAHA. I am jealous, I didn't get to tell...hehehehehe.

What? You just pop in like that, post, and leave again.....are you the Stealth poster now Jilleysue?

Oh Jilleysuuuuuuue...We miss Youuuuuuuuu!

Now, how did I know she's pop back in on an office-organization thread?!?! LOL
We love ya Jilleysue!!

HAHAHAHA, I am always reading and making sure you guys are organizing. Carolyn is right. We started 2 businesses that branched off our financial services company, so things are crazy at the office. As you can sadly imagine when the economy isn't doing so well, the financial services industry in regards to helping people with their debt, mortgage auditing, etc is booming. I feel sooo bad for some of these people. It's sad. I am helping with so many ends of the company, my head is spinning. You all would be proud though, we are having a company picnic for 300 this weekend, and I find myself using many PC tidbits that I have learned. I miss being on here and my girl time that is for sure, but I figure good things come to those to who get dirty and help out.

Great job, Janice! Thanks for posting pics...now I can get inspired! :)

Related to Organized My Office--Yet Another Thread!

1. How can I maintain an organized office?

To maintain an organized office, it's important to have a designated place for everything and make sure to put things back after you use them. Regularly declutter and get rid of unnecessary items. Develop a filing system and schedule regular cleaning and organizing sessions to stay on top of things.

2. How can I maximize storage in my office?

Maximizing storage in your office can be done by utilizing vertical space with shelves or wall organizers. You can also use stackable bins and file organizers to make the most of your desk and shelf space. Additionally, using multi-functional furniture like a desk with built-in storage can help save space.

3. What are some tips for organizing paperwork and documents?

Organizing paperwork and documents can be made easier by sorting them into categories and using labeled folders or binders. Digitizing documents and using a cloud storage system can also help reduce paper clutter. Make sure to regularly go through and purge any outdated or unnecessary paperwork.

4. How can I keep cords and wires from getting tangled?

To keep cords and wires from getting tangled, use cable ties or clips to group them together and keep them organized. You can also label the cords to easily identify which device they belong to. Consider using a power strip with built-in cord management to keep things neat and tidy.

5. What are some organizational tools that can help with office organization?

Some helpful organizational tools for office organization include file folders, label makers, desk and drawer organizers, and wall calendars or planners. Investing in a good filing cabinet or bookshelf can also make a big difference in keeping your office clutter-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Kelly8