• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ordering $200 to Make it a Show: What to Do?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of having a host and guest order for a Pampered Chef show, where the host receives benefits for inviting others to view the catalog. It is possible for the host and guest to be the same person, and the benefits can be applied for future bookings within 6 months. It is also mentioned that if a customer orders $200 or more, they can qualify for host benefits by ordering in the names of gift recipients or by showing the catalog to friends. The host's job is to inform customers of these possibilities and it is up to the customers to decide what they want to achieve.
urbnk8
I know this has been covered before, but I don't know where to begin to search for it so...........

I have a friend who wants to order $200 to make it a show for herself. Can I just put her in as the guest for her order and then as the host for the benefits, or do I need to put either the guest order or the host order in a different name?

Put her husband or mom down as the guest. She will have to pay $4.00 shipping.

Just put her in twice like you mentioned first, one as the guest and then one as the host.

What a super easy way to make some money!

wadesgirl said:
Just put her in twice like you mentioned first, one as the guest and then one as the host.

What a super easy way to make some money!

I know!! Thanks!

I have been in PC for almost 5 years & didn't know you could even do that (guest & host as same). Where have I been? That is great to know.

stacywhitlow said:
I have been in PC for almost 5 years & didn't know you could even do that (guest & host as same). Where have I been? That is great to know.

I book all my hosts off themselves for future bookings within 6 months (I present this to them as another benefit of hosting their original show!). This entitles them to the past host and the current host special. So when you put their order in, you do have to have one as a guest and one as a host. Works the same way when you only have 1 guest too.

wadesgirl said:
I book all my hosts off themselves for future bookings within 6 months (I present this to them as another benefit of hosting their original show!). This entitles them to the past host and the current host special. So when you put their order in, you do have to have one as a guest and one as a host. Works the same way when you only have 1 guest too.

I do rebook my hosts. Just didn't know that you could have a one person show. I thought it had to be an individual order.

Technically it does have to be at least one order from a guest to be a show. The idea of it being a show is that the host has asked others to look at the catalog which brings you new customers and future business. The host benefits are a thank you for sharing with her friends.

You can put a guest order in the host's name so she can take advantage of her past host benefit if it applies or if she is close to the next level and wants to bump the show to that level. I have found, though, that it usually saves the host money to just order those things with the host discount. Gotta do the math.

As far as someone ordering $200 (or $150) themselves: when that happens I tell the person that she has ordered enough to qualify for some host benefits if she wants them. I ask if she is buying gifts or if the items are for herself. If they are gifts I suggest that she order them in the giftees names (2 orders = $8 shipping which is less than she would pay on a personal order for shipping). I also suggest that she show the book around and see if her friends might need things too so she can take advantage of the discount she could earn and get the 10% off for a year - and of course l let her know that she then would be eligible for the monthly host special.

Most customers do show the book and have even better sales/more benefits! Others order in the giftees' names and take advantage of the benefits that way. Others say "no thanks, I just want to order." I do give these customers an extra gift as a thank you for calling me with their order - a few dollars off their shipping, a seasons best or something small that goes well with what they did order.

It's my job to let them know the possibilities and their job to decide what they want to achieve.

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
Technically it does have to be at least one order from a guest to be a show. The idea of it being a show is that the host has asked others to look at the catalog which brings you new customers and future business. The host benefits are a thank you for sharing with her friends.

Thanks! That was my thinking. I guess I was taught that only 1 order was technically and individual order. Which is exactly all it is.

Related to Ordering $200 to Make it a Show: What to Do?

1. How do I qualify for the $200 show?

To qualify for the $200 show, you must place an order of at least $200 in product value. This can be done through a combination of individual orders or by hosting a party and having your guests place orders totaling $200 or more.

2. Can I use discounts or promotions towards my $200 order?

Yes, you can use discounts and promotions towards your $200 order. However, the discounted amount will not be included in the $200 total needed to qualify for the show.

3. When will I receive my free product for hosting a $200 show?

You will receive your free product for hosting a $200 show once your qualifying order has been processed and shipped. This typically takes 3-5 business days, but can vary depending on your location.

4. Can I combine my $200 order with a friend's order to qualify for the show?

No, individual orders cannot be combined to reach the $200 total needed for the show. However, you can host a party together and have your guests place orders totaling $200 or more to qualify.

5. What if I have already placed an order and then decide to host a party?

If you have already placed an individual order and then decide to host a party, you can still qualify for the $200 show. Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and they can help you combine your orders to reach the $200 total.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Takaramei
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Takaramei
  • melaniepc
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Chef Shari