• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Order Now: Individual Order vs Catalog Show - Pampered Partner Confusion Solved!

In summary, Paula was called by someone today who wanted to place an order. They don't want to wait for their relative to have the party and want to place an individual order. Paula went into Pampered Partner and now she's confused. She does not know how to handle the situation. The person who called Paula is going to be calling her back later today. Paula would turn the order into a catalog show and give the person who placed the order a 1/2 off item and the rest on the host order so they would get a discount.
PaulaReb
I had someone call me today asking to place an order. They don't want to wait for their relative to have the party and want to place an individual order. I went into Pampered Partner but now I'm confused? Do I enter it as an Individual Order or as a Catalog show? As far as I know she's the only one ordering. If she spends $150+ does she get hostess benefits? HELP!?:confused:

Well first of all do you have a web site? If so she can order through there.

Ind Order -- if she spends over $150 you could essentially put it in as a catalog show and give he rthe benefit s- but why give her the benefits if she didn't do the work?

Ind Order -- if she spends over $150 you could essentially put it in as a catalog show and give he rthe benefit s- but why give her the benefits if she didn't do the work?

She put in a $717 Order!!!!OMG....She just put in a $717 order!!!!!:eek: She said one of her co-workers might buy something to. What do I do? I told her she should just have a catalog show....I tend to think out loud (I have to stop that) I told her with the amount she's spending she could get a ton of free stuff. How should I handle this? How do I put it in as a Catalog show if the only reason it's at such a high level is because of her order? Help!! I'm new at this...I don't know how to handle this situation. She's going to be calling me back later today. Thanks!!

Paula, take a deep breath!This is what I would do, see if she could collect a few orders. See what the orders total if they total $150 I would turn it into a show, and then put like $150 of her order on top of it, so she gets a 1/2 off item, and the rest on the host order so she gets a discount!Can you send someone like her my way, Please!Way to go, Keep up the good work!

Wow if I had a some one call me and place a 700.00 order I would definitly put it in as a catalog I am sure she would appreciate getting a discount and some extra free stuff. IMO

I would put $150 of her order in as a guest (assuming she doesn't collect orders from others) then put the rest as the host order and play around with it changing the half price items so she saves the most money. If she sees that you worked the system to get her the best benfits possible she will be your customer for life. Also try to get her to book off herself so she can get two specials at her future show!

gilliandanielle I would put $150 of her order in as a guest (assuming she doesn't collect orders from others) then put the rest as the host order and play around with it changing the half price items so she saves the most money. If she sees that you worked the system to get her the best benfits possible she will be your customer for life. Also try to get her to book off herself so she can get two specials at her future show!

I totally agree! If I have any customer call with an order of $150 or more I turn it into a catalog show! If my customers order that much in product I want to make sure that they are rewarded.
I have gotten many comments on how I really take care of my customers, and they keep coming back.:D

I'd put as much of it as possible under a guest order. Put it as her first initial and last name. Then use all the free product value and half-price items toward her most expensive items on her list, putting her full name as the host.(Or just put her in as a guest and put yourself as a host and enjoy the free stuff yourself! Just don't check the "consultant as host" button. I'd only do this if she really doesn't want to be put down as the host.) You can play around with names and such on PP all you want to get the best deal possible for her.

I just had the same thing happen the other day! Little kisses from God! She wanted a few expensive items, so I put a basket down as the host special (even though I didn't make a cent on it that way!) and I figured it out that at 3 1/2 priced items ($700 guest sales) she'd get the best deal. It wasn't worth putting in another $300 at full price to get one more half priced item, and it wasn't really worth another $100 to get another 5% off. So, I put her in as a guest order and put $700 of product under that name. Then I hit Add Host Order and put in her basket, 1/2 priced items (5 & 7 piece Executive!), and the rest of her items for free credit and 25% off. She was thrilled that it was much less than she had originally planned to spend.

I have one customer who does this too!! She spends about $500 every time. I play with PP until it works out best for her. Usually $300 as the guest and the rest in the host order. The first time I got an order from her I saved her about $200, so she called me back and said that she wanted to spend the rest of it!!!!
She says that she spends this much everytime she orders from PC, but no one else has ever done this for her before.....and she wondered why???? I told her that she was contributing to someone else's free stuff!!!
She is now my customer for life and will use me no matter where we end up moving in the world!!

Here's the kicker.......she doesn't even cook!!!!! She just wants the best stuff possible, in case she ever decides to!!!!! All of her warranties will run out before she ever uses the stuff!!! She ordered a 12 piece Executive and says that they are so pretty that she doesn't want to get them dirty!!!! I tried to tell her that the clean up is so easy, and it doesn't matter!!!

Hello - Send some of these blessings down South. I am in need of these kinda PC addicts. Thanks for all the comments and keep up the great work everyone and keep making those customers happy.

WOW!!!! I could use some of that type of customer also!!!!!! I would offer her some of the host benefits fron the show, She would probally be so happy she would pick out more, you could say since you placed such a large order I would like to give you an additional xxx in free product. Just my thoughts on it.

I did that for a customer, too.She only had a $200 order, but we were able to make it a catalog show and save her some money on her order. She was thrilled! Plus, she got some host benefits out of it!

I think it is a great way to show appreciation for a customer.

I've been playing around with her order but still haven't figured out what I'm going to do for her yet. I want to do the best I can for her so she buys from me all the time. She has a big family and they're all big spenders so I want to keep her happy. Thanks for all the great advice. I wouldn't have know what to do otherwise.

Just Curious??How does the host pay??

She would have to pay with $$$ or check right? I mean - wouldn't HO question it if she put the order on her own credit card??

OK - so I'm a newbie and don't quite get it.... and maybe I'm a little naive...

I didn't think that the host's order counted towards her sales? OR is this where her "twin" sister is the only guest ordering???

I guess I just haven't had the opportunity to try an finagle an order by a host or individual before - BUT - I sure want to be prepared in case some of those "Kisses from God" come my way ;)

I have a firend who orders TONS of PC all the time from me. In fact she has held 3 Kitchen shows for me since Oct 2005. Funny thing is she hates to cook. She just wants nice stuff for when other people come over to eat. All of us seem to cook at her home!;) But she called me up yesterday and ordered the 7 piece set for herself and a few little things. $400 order! Then 3 hours later she calls back and orders another $250! Granted as a customer who spends this much I want to keep her happy. So I did put it under a catolag show. It's amazing!

Shannon

Host payment
PCGINA said:
How does the host pay??

She would have to pay with $$$ or check right? I mean - wouldn't HO question it if she put the order on her own credit card??

OK - so I'm a newbie and don't quite get it.... and maybe I'm a little naive...

I didn't think that the host's order counted towards her sales? OR is this where her "twin" sister is the only guest ordering???

I guess I just haven't had the opportunity to try an finagle an order by a host or individual before - BUT - I sure want to be prepared in case some of those "Kisses from God" come my way ;)

If she pays using a check she makes it out to you and you use either your PC Debit or Credit Card. That way HO doesn't know. Also If a "guest" pays the host cash they can then in turn make thier payment to either by check or cc.;)

Yes it would be her "twin" placing the order. I just use my daughters name for me. Most Consultants just enter her first initial and last name that way it doesn't show as the same person on PP.;)

Theresia Aylward
Depoe Bay, OR

What is the difference between an individual order and a catalog show order?

An individual order is when a customer places an order directly with a Pampered Chef consultant. A catalog show order is when a customer places an order through a catalog show, where the host collects orders from multiple customers and submits them to the consultant.

Which option is better for customers?

It depends on the customer's preference. An individual order allows for more personalized service and the opportunity to ask questions, while a catalog show order may offer discounts and specials.

How does the ordering process work for an individual order?

The customer can browse the online catalog or attend a cooking show to select products they would like to purchase. They can then place an order directly with their consultant, who will process the order and arrange for delivery or pick-up.

How does the ordering process work for a catalog show order?

The host of the catalog show will provide a catalog and order forms to potential customers. Customers can fill out the order form with the items they would like to purchase and give it to the host, who will then submit the orders to the consultant. The consultant will process the orders and arrange for delivery or pick-up.

Can customers earn rewards or discounts with both options?

Yes, customers can earn rewards and discounts with both individual orders and catalog show orders. However, the specific promotions and discounts may vary between the two options. It is best to check with your consultant for more information on current promotions and discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blestmom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies