• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Order $60 to Get Guest Special Than Return Items

In summary, the guest should have returned the free item, and the guest special should not have been given to her.
koeverson
I have a quick question what do you do about guests who make purchases in excess of $60.00 and get the free montly special, than return items so that their purchase is now under $60.00? Is this guest supposed to also return the free guest special? Had a show where a guest purchased two family size quick stir pitchers so that her order would be a little over $60.00 she received the cooling rack for free. Later she returned one of the family quick stir pitchers. I reimbursed her for the pitcher but when I looked at ther receipt I noticed that her order without this item would have been less than $60.00 and she would not have recieved the monthly guest special. Just curious about what other consultants do.

That's pretty pathetic!I'm sorry to hear that your guest was a cheap person who knows how to manipulate the PC system for her own benefit. I don't think she has to return the FREE item. And since she probably did this on purpose you should be wary of her in the future. There is little to do about someone like that. You could let PC know so they can keep an eye out for her, if that's possible.

Debbie :D

I'm new, but I thought that HO handles returns-- why did you have to reimburse her?

Yeah that Is what I thought too????

koeverson said:
I reimbursed her for the pitcher

Why did you reimburse her instead of having HO handle the return?

Tracy

I definitely would not have reimbursed her (unless you really wanted a pitcher). I would have had her ship it back herself. If she had to pay to ship it back she would have decided to keep it.

If you have customers that do that, there really isn't anything you can do about it. There will always be people trying to beat the system. Just like those customers that want to all put their orders together to save on shipping:eek:

I don't understand why or how YOU would need to reimburse her...or even deal with it for that matter. Returns are handled through Home office at the 888 number. I am so confused??

I would definitely call HO and return them on your own especially if you reimbursed her already.

I can't believe people would do that. I guess I am living, or hoping, that people are honest and don't do things like that. I would definitly not reimburse her. I would make her call HO and send it back.

I was doing out of the box calls and sometimes I will return items for customers as a courtesy. In the past when I offer this courtesy customer often make additional purchases. It was something I offered to be nice. But in the future I will refer customer to the home office. This is a lot less stressful for me. I normally refer to the home office if there is a problem 30 days after the reciept of the product. Lesson Learned!

" There will always be people trying to beat the system. Just like those customers that want to all put their orders together to save on shipping" I know that some think this is wrong, but why charge someone with $15 in product $4 to get it?

annepchef said:
" There will always be people trying to beat the system. Just like those customers that want to all put their orders together to save on shipping" I know that some think this is wrong, but why charge someone with $15 in product $4 to get it?

I was referring to groups that lump large amounts together. I don't have a problem with small orders being combined. I once had a girl buy a 75 cent orange peeler..that was it...she was ready to pay the $4 shipping but I added it to another order.

I had an outside order from a doctor's office that submitted a $300 order altogether to save shipping. I had no way of knowing who ordered what cause they would only give me one name. :eek:

GeorgiaPeach said:
I had an outside order from a doctor's office that submitted a $300 order altogether to save shipping. I had no way of knowing who ordered what cause they would only give me one name. :eek:

When people do that, I tell them that I can only give them one receipt, so they had better stay friends in case anyone has a problem with their product (heaven forbid!).

I say the same thing, Ann. Lisa, in those cases I figure it's up to them to sort it all out.

What is the guest special for orders over $60?

The current guest special for orders over $60 is a free Stoneware Pie Plate with any purchase of $60 or more.

How do I qualify for the guest special?

To qualify for the guest special, your total order must be $60 or more before tax and shipping. The free Stoneware Pie Plate will automatically be added to your cart at checkout.

Can I return items and still receive the guest special?

Yes, you can return items from your order and still receive the guest special. However, if the returned items bring your total order amount below $60, the free Stoneware Pie Plate will be removed from your cart.

What if I want to keep the guest special but return other items?

You can keep the free Stoneware Pie Plate and return other items from your order. As long as your total order amount remains at $60 or more, you will still receive the guest special.

Is the guest special available for all orders over $60?

No, the guest special is only available for orders placed through a Pampered Chef party or individual order. It is not available for orders placed through a consultant's personal website or at a retail store.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • MLinAZ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • kam